Changing PLM

to_lighter

Hi again,

As part of the Restore PLM procedure, you are supposed to put the motion detectors into program mode.

I have 4 detectors. I have been trying to put them into program mode by holding down the button for 10 seconds. After about 4 or 5 seconds, the LED begins to blink. When I move on to the next detector and press and hold its button, instead of going into program mode, I think it is making a link with the first detector, as the LED never begins to blink on the 2nd detector, and the LED stops blinking on the first.

How do I get 4 motion detectors into program mode at the same time?

Cheers!

Hello to_lighter,

A very good question and something that we had never thought of before. Although crude, please try the following (you have 16 seconds for the 3rd step)

1. Clearly mark the addresses for each one of your devices

2. Open Tools|Diganostics|Event Viewer (level 3)

3. Start the Restore process, look at event viewer: it will tell you which device is being worked on. You have almost 16 seconds to put your MS into programming mode

With kind regards,

Michel

Hi again,

As part of the Restore PLM procedure, you are supposed to put the motion detectors into program mode.

I have 4 detectors. I have been trying to put them into program mode by holding down the button for 10 seconds. After about 4 or 5 seconds, the LED begins to blink. When I move on to the next detector and press and hold its button, instead of going into program mode, I think it is making a link with the first detector, as the LED never begins to blink on the 2nd detector, and the LED stops blinking on the first.

How do I get 4 motion detectors into program mode at the same time?

Cheers!

To quit linking mode on a Motion Sensor press the set button again to see double-blinks (unlinking mode), then one more time to exit.

Rand

Will putting the motion detector into unlinking mode still allow it to be programmed? Can you put multiple detectors into unlinking mode simultaneously?

Cheers!

To quit linking mode on a Motion Sensor press the set button again to see double-blinks (unlinking mode), then one more time to exit.

Rand

Will putting the motion detector into unlinking mode still allow it to be programmed? Can you put multiple detectors into unlinking mode simultaneously?

Cheers!

Yes, the sensors can be programmed in unlinking mode. As for all at once I don't know how that will work. I have a feeling each will quit when the next one is activated. But if you take Michel's advice and watch when they are programmed you can activate one at a time and deactivate when done without waiting for the time out.

The other option is to let them fail in the Restore and then Restore them individually with the new PLM.

Rand

Rand

Cheers!

Yes, the sensors can be programmed in unlinking mode. As for all at once I don't know how that will work. I have a feeling each will quit when the next one is activated. But if you take Michel's advice and watch when they are programmed you can activate one at a time and deactivate when done without waiting for the time out.

The other option is to let them fail in the Restore and then Restore them individually with the new PLM.

Rand

Thanks Rand,

I think the fail then restore individually method is probably easier.

The instructions from the ISY are obviously not helpful. If you have one motion detector, you are very likely to have more than one, and so this technique should be incorporated into future instructions.

Cheers!

Thanks Rand,

The instructions from the ISY are obviously not helpful. If you have one motion detector, you are very likely to have more than one, and so this technique should be incorporated into future instructions.

Cheers!

Yes, the proliferation of RF devices appears to have left us a bit unprepared. Our original plan was to Restore all the RF devices first so the chances of a timeout were minimized. That is why there is one Requester when the process begins. We are certainly going to have to rethink this.

Do you think we should do the RF devices first or last or interspersed or separately? We have a bit of a quandary here.

We appreciate your input, thank you very much,

Rand

Thanks Rand,

Cheers!

Yes, the proliferation of RF devices appears to have left us a bit unprepared. Our original plan was to Restore all the RF devices first so the chances of a timeout were minimized. That is why there is one Requester when the process begins. We are certainly going to have to rethink this.

Do you think we should do the RF devices first or last or interspersed or separately? We have a bit of a quandary here.

We appreciate your input, thank you very much,

Rand

Hi Rand,

Thanks for your reply and your interest.

As I mucked about with the motion detectors, it seemed to me that the limitation was on how they were designed (i.e. there was no "program by ISY" mode). As such, I would suggest that if you could, you would arrange a "walk through" from the ISY, where the ISY resets all non-wireless devices, then walks you through programming each wireless device in turn. Too bad it couldn't be done some other way, as climbing ladders about the house to pull all of these things down adds another level of unfun to the process.

Cheers!

Archived