Problem resetting PLM

to_lighter

Hi gang,

I got a new PLM today (v7A).

I have been trying to follow the PLM Restore procedure, but I keep getting a Request Failed error about 20% of the way through. It seems to always fail at the same place.

Looking at the event viewer on level 3 doesn't seem to help. The last device before the failure seems to have been reset successfully (the log says Replacing PLM links successful for that device). The next line simply says Replacing PLM links: incomplete.

I've tried factory reseting the PLM. Any ideas?

Cheers!

to_lighter,

Please look at the event viewer and you will clearly see the devices that have failed. Incomplete means that ISY was not able to restore all the devices. In the same vein, it also means that only the devices that failed were not restored while all others have been restored successfully.

With kind regards,

Michel

Hi gang,

I have been trying to follow the PLM Restore procedure, but I keep getting a Request Failed error about 20% of the way through. It seems to always fail at the same place.

Looking at the event viewer on level 3 doesn't seem to help. The last device before the failure seems to have been reset successfully (the log says Replacing PLM links successful for that device). The next line simply says Replacing PLM links: incomplete.

Cheers!

to_lighter,

Please look at the event viewer and you will clearly see the devices that have failed. Incomplete means that ISY was not able to restore all the devices. In the same vein, it also means that only the devices that failed were not restored while all others have been restored successfully.

With kind regards,

Michel

Hi gang,

Cheers!

Thanks Michel,

I scrolled through the event viewer. There are no errors. The 2nd last line in the event viewer is "Replacing PLM links successful", followed by "Replacing PLM links: incomplete". Instead of moving on to the next device, it fails always after completing this one particular switch. This is about 1/3 of the way through the devices.

Any ideas?

to_lighter,

With kind regards,

Michel

Hi gang,

Cheers!

Hi Michel,

I did a rough count of my devices today and came up with 144 (this includes counting KPL buttons as separate devices. If I leave out motion detectors and KPL buttons the count is about 82, which is similar to the successful count in the log.

I found one device that was not successfully reset in the log. I think I was distracted by the progress bar. I guess it doesn't actually reflect the % complete. I'll try factory reseting the problematic device from the log, and see if that does the trick.

Cheers!

Hello to_lighter,

You are right about the progress bar: it's the best approximation. If you have non-communicating devices, then the approximation gets inaccurate.

By links I mean PLM links. So, would you be kind enough to:

1. Make sure you have a quiet environment

2. Tools | Diagnostics | PLM Links Table ... wait for completion and then click on the count

You used to have 1700 and I can guarantee you that you will not have reliable status information if your count remains this high.

With kind regards,

Michel

Hello to_lighter,

You are right about the progress bar: it's the best approximation. If you have non-communicating devices, then the approximation gets inaccurate.

By links I mean PLM links. So, would you be kind enough to:

1. Make sure you have a quiet environment

2. Tools | Diagnostics | PLM Links Table ... wait for completion and then click on the count

You used to have 1700 and I can guarantee you that you will not have reliable status information if your count remains this high.

With kind regards,

Michel

Thanks Michel,

I'm back to the inconsistent counts, even with a totally silent system. First count was 700, next was 1153.

Cheers!

Archived