More Motion Control Madness

DevonSprings

Hi All,

I have much motion control going on in my house thanks to Rand. No one is going near the switches.

However my wife and daughter often sit at the dining room table doing homework, almost no motion.

What I want to do is have it so if they actually go over and press the dining room table light it will stay on for one hour or until they manually shut it off, with or without the dual motion sensors.

It seems to me I could tackle this by running a program when the dining scene is turned on and then before I shut it off via the motion sensors test if it has been more than one hour since that program triggered.

But how do I get a new event 1 hour after another event. Because the room might be off, I am not sure how to get another program to run one hour later.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. Is there a Programming Guide somewhere?

All the best,

Devon

I'm glad the program works for you Devon.

Hi All,

I have much motion control going on in my house thanks to Rand. No one is going near the switches.

However my wife and daughter often sit at the dining room table doing homework, almost no motion.

What I want to do is have it so if they actually go over and press the dining room table light it will stay on for one hour or until they manually shut it off, with or without the dual motion sensors.

I almost put this in the program yesterday. You just need a condition to check the dining room switch:

If
       (
            Status  'Kitchen Motion Sensor' is Off
        And Status  'Motion Sensor 2-Sensor' is Off
       )
   And (
            Control 'Kitchen Motion Sensor' is not switched On
         Or Control 'Motion Sensor 2-Sensor' is not switched On
       )
   And Status  'Dining Room' is Off

Then
       Wait  1 minute 
       Set Scene 'Kitchen Low' Off

Else
  - No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

It seems to me I could tackle this by running a program when the dining scene is turned on and then before I shut it off via the motion sensors test if it has been more than one hour since that program triggered.

But how do I get a new event 1 hour after another event. Because the room might be off, I am not sure how to get another program to run one hour later.

You may need to make some changes to this:

If
       Status  'Dining Room' is not Off
   And Control 'Dining Room' is not switched On

Then
       Wait  1 hour 
       Set Scene 'Dining Room Low' Off

Else
  - No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

All the best,

Devon

Our best guide is the Wiki, the User_Guide and the How-To_Guide contain some step-by-step examples.

Rand

Hi DevonSprings,

Here's the link to our wiki wherein you'll find a lot more information on programming:

http://www.universal-devices.com/mwiki/ ... w-To_Guide

As far as your requirement, this is what I would do (I like folders):

Folder: DiningRoom-On:
If
  Control Dining-Room-Switch is Switched On
  Or Control Dining-Room-Switch is Switched FastOn
  And
  (
  Control Dining-Room-Switch is not Switched Off 
  Or Control Dining-Room-Switch is not Switched FastOff
  )
Else

In the DiningRoom-On Folder:

Program: motion-sensed
If
  Status motion-sensor is on
Then
  Wait 1 Hour
  Set Dining-Room-Switch off
Else

Now, a folder for when the dining room switch is not on

Folder: DiningRoom-Off
If 
    Control Dining-Room-Switch is Switched Off
  Or Control Dining-Room-Switch is Switched FastOff
  Or Status Dining-Room-Switch is not On
Else

Now, in the DiningRoom-Off Folder:

Program: no-motion
If 
  Status motion-sensor is on
Then
  Set Dining-Room-Switch On
Else
  Set Dining-Room-Switch Off

You'll be using the motion sensor's timeout.

With kind regards,

Michel

Hi All,

All the best,

Devon

Archived