Michel thanks for reply, I didn't think to check antivirus.  It looks like in latest version of Avast for Mac (v13.9) I had to completely disable web shield in order to get it to work.  No other options including adding my ISY IP to list of servers to not scan worked.

And at some point needing Java might become an issue... but so far a few key products keep it alive:

isy

oracle web logic

a few web cams

:)

I’m concerned that more and more we can expect to see OS vendors (Mac / Windows / RH) shy away from mainstream support of java... or make it default of blocked by standard anti virus etc.  

michael

something i noticed i thought would mention, i don't know if it is the new isy launcher, the insteon th2441 version or what so here goes for the 2 issues:

i have 2 houses with insteon 5.0.13a one with the new z-wave dongle (running network locally now)

1 - if i open new new launcher i can open either the local or remote isy but not both. so i leave one console running

2 - if i open the isy launcher again i can open the other (in this case remote) isy and have both consoles running

now with that being said:

1 - my local 2441th v.0b does not show heat/cool status, only the box but blank

2 - my remote 2441th v.0f does show the heat/cool status which i really like this feature

i have never seen any issues previously in the different versions of the 2441th

On my windows 10 notebook the new ISY launcher (Start) disappears every time I close my computer.  Therefore every time I want to open the AC on that notebook I need to download 'Start" again. I do not have this issue on my Windows 10 desktop computer, nor on my MacBook Air.

I even tried to use a pre- 5.0.13 launcher but that had same effect.

I made sure to delete the Java settings (as per instructions). Has anyone experienced the same and can suggest a solution ?

Edited by asbril

Question-- I upgraded to V4.7.3 on my Mac, High Sierra 10.13.6 and cleared Java cache. When I activate ISY Launcher from my desktop, same as before, I get the same ISY Finder screen, same as before upgrade, but it now pauses and waits for me to click on "URL" and select Admin Console or Dashboard. Prior to upgrade, the Finder screen would display then automatically load Admin Console without my intervention. Do I now need to manually select Admin Console every time I activate Launcher or is there a way to automatically load it as before upgrade?

Thank You

michel

i am at my other house and connected to both with the admin console.  as in my previos post this house still shows the state while the other one doesn't so it doesn't matter if it is local or http

the house that does show state - windows 8.1 pro with three 2441TH   V.0F,  V.0D and V.10  all show state

the house that doesn't show state - windows 8 with two 2441TH - V.0B and V.0B

maybe the version?

Michel

I tried on a windows 10 computer last night with the same results.  No errors. Nothing happens at all.

Don’t know if this is the issue... but...

3.3.10 does not support newer ssl ciphers.

Windows 10 (and fully patched Windows 7) does not support the older ssl ciphers.

Make sure your are *not* using https!

3.3.10 is also very old. It could be that the launcher is not compatible with it. Either way - you should upgrade at least to the latest 4.x version.

11 minutes ago, MWareman said:

Don’t know if this is the issue... but...

3.3.10 does not support newer ssl ciphers.

Windows 10 (and fully patched Windows 7) does not support the older ssl ciphers.

Make sure your are *not* using https!

3.3.10 is also very old. It could be that the launcher is not compatible with it. Either way - you should upgrade at least to the latest 4.x version.

Not using https. How can I upgrade to the latest version without being able to in the admin console?

On 8/10/2018 at 8:35 AM, Michel Kohanim said:

asbril,

Please make sure Java cache is enabled.

With kind regards,

Michel

Michel,

I tried again but this time I re-started the Windows 10 notebook after clearing Java and before installing Start. That made the difference.

Thanks

Hi. Launcher works Ok on my Win7 and Win10 systems but for a little quirk.

See on attached pictures on "Dashboard" both "On" and "Off" status button are lit as opposed to 

ISY Web Access from the portal web page which it shows correctly lit button.

Is it a bug or just my system?

ISY994iPro  v5.0.13C

dashboard.jpg

isy web access.jpg