Are there typically Black Friday sales for Insteon devices?

fasttimes

A quick search of my email archives show a couple years were they've had 20% off everything on the site for Black Friday through Cyber Monday.  Those usually popped up in my email in the morning the day before Thanksgiving.  So I would expect a notice literally any minute.

Edit: Or I could have gone to the site, like Brian, and had better info.  ?

Those are about the cheapest I think they have ever sold most of those products.  It works out to $25/switch for your 2477D/S's.  In the past I have gotten them for $27 with the 20% off of the already discounted multi-pack prices.  If you are thinking of upgrading an older single band system, this would be a good time to do it.

EDIT:  Just noticed my wife's "E-bates" account popping up claiming another 2% off.  Add 2% more for a cash back credit card, now your down to $24/ea.  

EDIT: The on/off and dimmer wall wart modules are also $25 in this sale, but I have seen that price often.  

I started adding several items to my cart on the Smarthome website, along with the discount code. Something didn't look right with the discount and when I checked the math I found the discount was not being taken off the Insteon Motion Sensor II, item number 2844-222.

I have an email out to Smarthome now, but if you order anything, you might want to check that the discount is being applied properly.

25 minutes ago, apostolakisl said:

The on/off and dimmer wall wart modules are also $25 in this sale, but I have seen that price often.  

Thanks for pointing that out, I scrolled right by. On the fence.. I have 7 of the original bigger white single band dimmer modules for lamps and Christmas lights, and this is a 7 pack.. They've passed their 10th birthday and continue to work perfectly and are behind furniture where they don't get noticed. Decide tomorrow I guess.

15 minutes ago, paulbates said:

Thanks for pointing that out, I scrolled right by. On the fence.. I have 7 of the original bigger white single band dimmer modules for lamps and Christmas lights, and this is a 7 pack.. They've passed their 10th birthday and continue to work perfectly and are behind furniture where they don't get noticed. Decide tomorrow I guess.

Good thing is sale runs until the 25th, so you can think about it a bit longer.

Just now, DennisC said:

Good thing is sale runs until the 25th, so you can think about it a bit longer.

? This is one of the daily doorbusters just for 11/22.

image.thumb.png.bc44f1b2b1239d1045526a702ec77e56.png

But to your point, it wouldn't be the first time I've played the "I've been an insteon customer since back in aught 7" ... and gotten away with it ??

Paul

2 hours ago, DennisC said:

I started adding several items to my cart on the Smarthome website, along with the discount code. Something didn't look right with the discount and when I checked the math I found the discount was not being taken off the Insteon Motion Sensor II, item number 2844-222.

I have an email out to Smarthome now, but if you order anything, you might want to check that the discount is being applied properly.

Smarthome replied promptly and the problem with 2844-222 has been corrected.

Canadians

For Canadians the "free shipping" costs, plus  return shipping costs for defective items end up  costing you more than the item is worth, typically. When you pay the shipping one way, SH will not cover the return shipping costs either, despite SH responsibility for sending a defective item. Getting taxes refunded means dealing with Rev Can and the replacement item may get taxed again when shipped.  Defective items are replaced free but it ends up being garbage, due to economics of it.

aartech.ca is still the best deal for Canadian purchases. The Black Friday sales are not quite as impressive looking as SmartHome.com  deals appear.

Archived