Insteon Hidden Door Sensor Link Issues

Hello,

I have purchased my first Insteon Hidden Door Sensor (model 2845-222) and I am having a difficult time linking it to my ISY/Insteon network. The ISY is connected through a serial PLM to an outlet without any filters/surge protectors/power strips. There are is an Insteon bridge between the legs of the power service to the home. I have replaced the battery with a fresh alkaline AAA. The Door Sensor beeps and seems to respond to presses of the Set button. However, when put in Linking mode, the ISY admin console never detects a new Insteon device.

I have a relatively large Insteon installation with switches, dimmers, outlets and a few motion sensors. The system and programming have been working very well for a few years and I am very familiar with linking new devices through the ISY. This is the first device that does not seem to be working.

Any ideas? Thank you.

@lilyoyo1 Thanks for replying...

Folks... I just found my error. It has been a long time since I have linked a battery-powered Insteon device to my ISY. I was not using the correct Link manager. When I chose "Link a sensor -> Open/Close Sensor" from the Link Management menu of the Admin Console, it worked perfectly. My scene is setup and the sensor is installed. My user error!

Insteon is the best!

Archived