Home Assistant ISY Component

fasttimes

2 minutes ago, MrBill said:

I'm only a mid-grade amateur myself.

What I thought fixed my setup was only a red-herring, my action apparently had nothing to do with it.   I unplugged my second ISY and boom, the 2021.6.0 update worked for me.    However, after HA re-detected the second ISY again, I tried to recreate the problem by restarting HA with both ISY's plugged in... and it still works....

In short, I really have no idea what the problem is.... I just know I'm not having the problem at the moment.

It should not be too complicated as the issue clearly comes from  changes in 2021.6 .  I respectfully suggest to @shbatm to revert these changes until the issue has been resolved. Otherwise I may be stuck in 5.5 for eternity.

5 minutes ago, shbatm said:

@asbril Please open an issue here so we can see if it is affecting other users and try and find a common thread. Include a link back to this conversation as well. Also, please include there any NodeServers you are using to see if there's a conflict we can find. @MrBill was able to get his instance to work after some combo of repeated restarts of HA and the ISY.

Actually I never restarted my ISY that day.  I have an uptime variable currently at 11170 minutes so it's been about 7.75 days since ISY restarted.

6 hours ago, shbatm said:

@asbril Please open an issue here so we can see if it is affecting other users and try and find a common thread. Include a link back to this conversation as well. Also, please include there any NodeServers you are using to see if there's a conflict we can find. @MrBill was able to get his instance to work after some combo of repeated restarts of HA and the ISY.

https://github.com/home-assistant/core/issues/51534

Works fine here too.

I suspect abril's issue is related to the number of node servers he has.  Polyglot uses a separate connection for each node server and the ISY is quite limited on connections.  In my opinion Polyglot should have used a common FIFO buffer for ISY communication to prevent this (which is what I did with NodeLink for that exact reason).

2 hours ago, io_guy said:

Works fine here too.

I suspect abril's issue is related to the number of node servers he has.  Polyglot uses a separate connection for each node server and the ISY is quite limited on connections.  In my opinion Polyglot should have used a common FIFO buffer for ISY communication to prevent this (which is what I did with NodeLink for that exact reason).

I am removing 2 nodeservers and then later I will try HA 2021.6.2 again. This being said, HA worked perfectly fine with ISY before 2021.6.1 , so it seems fair to think that the 2021.6.1 changes are the reason and why would those changes not be turned back ?

27 minutes ago, asbril said:

I am removing 2 nodeservers and then later I will try HA 2021.6.2 again. This being said, HA worked perfectly fine with ISY before 2021.6.1 , so it seems fair to think that the 2021.6.1 changes are the reason and why would those changes not be turned back ?

After removing 2 nodeservers, now a total of 8 nodeservers,  ISY still does not work with HA 2021.6.2  .  I don't want to remove any other nodeservers and will hope for a solution. In the meantime, I will add more details to the HA support query.

@asbril I have something for you to test. I would agree with @io_guy, most likely the ISY is too bogged down to be able to download everything this integration needs within the 30s timeout allowed by the Home Assistant Integration. This is either caused by too many open connections to the ISY, or too many nodes, or both. To test, you will need to upgrade HA again, and do one of the following (easiest to hardest):

Option 1: Install HACS (Home Assistant Community Store), then search for and install the Universal Devices ISY994 integration in HACS's interface and install the latest version -- 3.0.2 is a special version, identical to the Core version, but with a 60s timeout instead of 30s.

Option 2: If you really don't want to install HACS, you can install the custom version directly by downloading this zip file and extracting it to your_config/custom_components/ (make sure all the files end up in your_config/custom_components/isy994, your_config/ is the folder with configuration.yaml in it). 

Option 3: If you know where the source files of your Home Assistant install are located, you can change this line from 30 to 60 and restart HA to test the change. 

19 minutes ago, shbatm said:

@asbril I have something for you to test. I would agree with @io_guy, most likely the ISY is too bogged down to be able to download everything this integration needs within the 30s timeout allowed by the Home Assistant Integration. This is either caused by too many open connections to the ISY, or too many nodes, or both. To test, you will need to upgrade HA again, and do one of the following (easiest to hardest):

Option 1: Install HACS (Home Assistant Community Store), then search for and install the Universal Devices ISY994 integration in HACS's interface and install the latest version -- 3.0.2 is a special version, identical to the Core version, but with a 60s timeout instead of 30s.

Option 2: If you really don't want to install HACS, you can install the custom version directly by downloading this zip file and extracting it to your_config/custom_components/ (make sure all the files end up in your_config/custom_components/isy994, your_config/ is the folder with configuration.yaml in it). 

Option 3: If you know where the source files of your Home Assistant install are located, you can change this line from 30 to 60 and restart HA to test the change. 

OK, I am going for HACS and will let you know here and in the HA support page

Hi Everyone,

I did a quick read of this thread and I believe @asbril's issue is related to timeout.

I've run a diagnostic on @asbril 's system in the past.  He has a very large Z-Wave network and a timeout of 30 seconds is far too short for to download the definition files.  Local connection should be at least 60 seconds remote connections 120.  

1 minute ago, Javi said:

Hi Everyone,

I did a quick read of this thread and I believe @asbril's issue is related to timeout.

I've run a diagnostic on @asbril 's system in the past.  He has a very large Z-Wave network and a timeout of 30 seconds is far too short for to download the definition files.  Local connection should be at least 60 seconds remote connections 120.  

Thanks Javi. Is that something I can change myself ?

38 minutes ago, asbril said:

Thanks Javi. Is that something I can change myself ?

@asbrilThe modified version you're testing with HACS will increase the timeout to see if that works--if it does we'll increase the TO in the next Home Assistant version.

@Javi Thanks for the support and background! Having him try to bump to 60s for now and will go up more if needed.

13 minutes ago, shbatm said:

@asbrilThe modified version you're testing with HACS will increase the timeout to see if that works--if it does we'll increase the TO in the next Home Assistant version.

@Javi Thanks for the support and background! Having him try to bump to 60s for now and will go up more if needed.

I made some progress as I seem to have installed  HACS (see picture) and I restarted HA. 

However, I don't know where to find HACS in HA and how to configure.

Where do I find "...install the Universal Devices ISY994 integration in HACS's interface and install the latest version -- 3.0.2 is a special version, identical to the Core version, but with a 60s timeout instead of 30s....."   ?

HA.jpg

2 hours ago, MrBill said:

@asbril @shbatm etc.... As mentioned during HACS install.  HACS will overflows the Rate Limit of Github upon installation.  I can't remember of the top of my head what the rate limit expires, but a new install of HACS will be rate limited for a period of time.   @asbril you can check the status by going to Configuration and "Info" as shown here:

image.thumb.png.d7257fc2adfbf73a94238b95347fbe1e.png

(Part of) the problem may be that in Configuration - Info I do not have a section Home Assistant Community Store.

HA.jpg

3 minutes ago, asbril said:

(Part of) the problem may be that in Configuration - Info I do not have a section Home Assistant Community Store.

Yea that's a problem.  I don't know enough about it to help from a distance, and I've only done it once.   There's many steps in the HACS install instructions, and at one point I remember you must clear the browser cache. But I can't remember where that makes it show up...  do you have HACS in the left menu bar?   (See my screenshot, 5 up from the circled config.)

15 hours ago, asbril said:

No.

BTW Many thanks for your kind help. I'll wait for possible response from @shbatmtomorrow. If not, I return to 5.5

if you're not used to reading the github issues and linked issues, the reason they closed your issue this morning is because 2021.6.3 will have the 60 second setup timeout.  (probably based on what Javi said above)  It's the same thing that your trying to load HACS so that you can install a special beta branch.  

51 minutes ago, MrBill said:

if you're not used to reading the github issues and linked issues, the reason they closed your issue this morning is because 2021.6.3 will have the 60 second setup timeout.  (probably based on what Javi said above)  It's the same thing that your trying to load HACS so that you can install a special beta branch.  

Thanks so much @MrBill I was already wondering why they closed  my issue. This will be of great help as I am indeed not familiar with github issues.

Archived