BETA Release 2.7.5 is now available

MikeB

BETA firmware release 2.7.5 is now available for the ISY-99 and ISY-26 family of home automation / energy conservation controllers. Below is a summary of changes since our last release (2.7.4):

FIXES

- When IOLinc to other controllers, the on level and ramp rate are set to 0 (on turns it off)

- 99i - Open ADR/Flex Your Power modules were not automatically installed for devices that already had other modules

- /rest/query never returned success

ENHANCEMENTS

- Thermostat Cool/Heat setpoints are now supported in the Admin Console

- Support for SwitchLinc Relay 220 Volts

- 99i/Developer

-- /rest/nodes now returns setpoints and mode for thermostats

-- all returned properties now include a UOM

- 99i/Networking

-- /rest/networking/resources -- returns network resource config

-- /rest/networking/resources/ -- activates the resource identified by id

-- /rest/networking/wol -- returns WOL config

-- /rest/networking/wol/ -- activates the WOL rule identified by id

IMPORTANT NOTES - PLEASE READ THROUGH BEFORE UPGRADING

- If you are upgrading from an older ISY firmware release (pre-2.7), please see the following thread for special considerations:

http://forum.universal-devices.com/viewtopic.php?t=2767

- Please ensure you have a good backup of your ISY before proceeding.

- Many anti-virus and firewall packages can interfere with the ISY's Administrative Console, especially during firmware updates. Please consider disabling them before running a firmware upgrade.

- Please be sure to run firmware upgrades from a stable and, if possible, hardwired network connection. Avoid running firmware upgrades from marginal wifi conncections. If possible, avoid running firmware upgrades from off-site locations.

- If you are having a problem locating your ISY in My Network Places, please try http://www.universal-devices.com/99i instead.

- After upgrading your firmware, please close ALL browser windows and clear your Java cache as outlined in this article: http://www.universal-devices.com/mwiki/ ... Java_Cache

UPDATE INSTRUCTIONS FOR ISY-26 OWNERS

PLEASE be sure to have a good backup of your ISY before proceeding.

Please follow the steps below to complete your upgrade:

- download and save 2.7.5 from http://www.universal-devices.com/update ... nsteon.zip

(PLEASE DO NOT UNZIP)

- when prompted, use:

USERNAME: isy

PASSWORD: autoupdate

- login to Admin Console

- choose HELP, MANUALLY UPGRADE MY LIGHTING and choose the ZIP file downloaded in the previous step

- wait for your ISY to reboot

UPDATE INSTRUCTIONS FOR ISY-99 OWNERS

PLEASE be sure to have a good backup of your ISY before proceeding.

Please follow the steps below to complete your upgrade:

- download and save 2.7.5 from http://www.universal-devices.com/update ... nsteon.zip

(PLEASE DO NOT UNZIP)

- when prompted, use:

USERNAME: isy

PASSWORD: autoupdate

- login to Admin Console

- choose HELP, MANUALLY UPGRADE MY LIGHTING and choose the ZIP file downloaded in the previous step

- wait for your ISY to reboot

REMINDER!

After upgrading your firmware, please close ALL browser windows and clear your Java cache as outlined in this article: http://www.universal-devices.com/mwiki/ ... Java_Cache

I think this is the quietest I have ever seen the beta forum upon a new release. Wow!

Just installed my thermostats and adaptors. When I query them in cool mode it will show the temp set even if it was adjusted manually.

If I go into program mode I can still set the temp from the ISY fine but if the temp is adjusted manually at the t-stat a query will not result in showing that change in the ISY. Based on my readings of the forum this may be related to being in program mode. Not a big deal, and not even sure it is a bug.

What I am having a small issue with is that in manual cool mode, if the temp is adjusted manually I am seeing that I need multiple querys to get a return of the correct setpoint. This is with an access point directly below the t-stat and I am not showing any comm issues that I can see in the event viewer.

Hmmmm, after installing the latest java update for OS X, my ISY window for program details have shrunk. This makes it real hard to any programs. There also seems to be no resize control between the "Program Content" and "Add to Program" panes.

3639347524_c957aae584.jpg

Updated to 2.7.5 early in the week and all is working well.

The thermostat now displays both hot and cold setpoints. However, when a program updates both setpoints, only the hot setpoint update will be reflected in the admin console. For example, during the day the program sets hot to 65 and cold to 78 (in that order), but the admin console shows the new hot setpoint but the cold setpoint is from the previous program. The mode is either Auto or Off.

I believe this is due to a bug in the thermostat adapter? Is there a work around to get them to show up correctly?

Hi,

for your knowledge : Kaspersky is really not ISY-friendly.

First problem is the wrong settings at the load of the admin console applet. Everything is back to On Level 0 and ramp rate 9 min. Everything must be queried manually for getting the right settings.

But worst is the second : the simple download of the Zip file containing the ISY Firmware can not be done with Kaspersky On.

If you download the firmware with Kaspersky On and try to update the controller with that file after turning Kaspersky Off, the ISY controller will reject the file saying it is not of the appropriate length.

Except for that, the update was smooth and successful.

Jacques

I'm unable to update from 2.7.4 to 2.7.5. I've downloaded the insteon.zip three times. The zip file appears to be readable and valid. I've rebooted the isy99ir/pro and cleared the Java cache, but no matter what I do I just get the above error dialog when I attempt help... manually upgrade.

Hello ergodic,

I am so very sorry to hear about this problem. Would you be kind enough to make sure you have the correct upgrade file (ISY26 vs. ISY99i)? If that does not help, please contact us and we'll try to upgrade it remotely for you.

With kind regards,

Michel

I'm unable to update from 2.7.4 to 2.7.5. I've downloaded the insteon.zip three times. The zip file appears to be readable and valid. I've rebooted the isy99ir/pro and cleared the Java cache, but no matter what I do I just get the above error dialog when I attempt help... manually upgrade.

Background: I've been using the ISY for a number of months, with HomeSeer and successive versions of the ISY plugin. All devices (SwitchLinc dimmers and relays) have worked reliably.

I updated my ISY-99i from 2.6.8 to 2.7.5 last night, and it was something of a disaster.

After doing the update (apparently successfully), when the ISY came back up, it went into a long period of "busy - please don't do anything weird" (I paraphrase :) . At intervals it popped up a "Cannot communicate with device xyz" alert, eventually failing to communicate with any of my devices. I did a restore from a backup I made immediately before the update; the same thing happened. Restore Devices seemed to abort about halfway, complaining it couldn't communicate with one of my devices.

Envisioning a divorce-level WAF crisis, I fired up HomeSeer (which I had just updated to the latest version, along with the latest ISY plugin) and found I had some control over some devices - some I could turn on and off, some I could only turn off but not on, some I had no control at all. This is particularly problematic since I've got a number of "original" SwitchLincs, with the dead microswitches (I know, I know, I just haven't gotten around to having them replaced under the extended warranty). Our only control of several critical lamps has been via X-10 palm pads through HomeSeer, and some of these have been affected - I can't turn on the light over our kitchen table, and my wife is _not_ happy.

Any words of wisdom? I plan to try to revert to the "status quo ante..." when I get home from work this evening.

- Dennis Brothers

Hello Dennis,

This is certainly not good. The WAF is very high in our priorities.

Would you please try to Reboot using the button at the bottom center of the Configuration panel and wait for the whole startup to occur again? I don't think the process completed the first time.

Thank you,

Rand

Hi Dennis,

Since you cannot access any of your devices, this certainly sounds like a PLM issue. There have been many cases where, upon ISY reboot (when ISY draws a little more power), some previously working PLMs stop working. To test this scenario, please do be kind enough to:

1. Unplug your PLM for more than 1 minute

2. Plug it back in and make sure the LED comes on (if it doesn't, then the PLM is dead)

3. Plug your ISY into the PLM

Please do let me know how this turns out.

With kind regards,

Michel

I did clear the cache, and I've power-cycled the PLM and ISY multiple times (I've been designing and programming electronic widgetry for about half a century; I _know_ how perverse this stuff can be :) .

I reverted to 2.7.0, then 2.6.8, saw the same behavior.

I did finally notice that a bunch of On levels had been set to zero - that explains not being able to turn lights on (I reset the On level for the kitchen table light, and it's now working properly from HomeSeer). How might that have happened? Everything was fine before my initial update from 2.6.8 to 2.7.5.

It's also odd that the ISY throws all those "Cannot communicate..." alerts, yet HomeSeer is still able to control the devices through the ISY.

I didn't have much time to poke into things last night, but I'll be looking into it more thoroughly over the weekend.

- Dennis

Hi Dennis,

The reason you have all those on levels/ramp rates set to 0 is because ISY could NOT communicate with your devices. The reason that your HS can communicate with your ISY/devices is because whatever was causing the communication errors is NO LONGER there.

So, please perform a Query on Network/My Lighting and see if you still get those comm. errors. I still strongly recommend taking your PLM out of power, letting it sit for a while, and then plugging it back in.

With kind regards,

Michel

I did clear the cache, and I've power-cycled the PLM and ISY multiple times (I've been designing and programming electronic widgetry for about half a century; I _know_ how perverse this stuff can be :) .

I reverted to 2.7.0, then 2.6.8, saw the same behavior.

I did finally notice that a bunch of On levels had been set to zero - that explains not being able to turn lights on (I reset the On level for the kitchen table light, and it's now working properly from HomeSeer). How might that have happened? Everything was fine before my initial update from 2.6.8 to 2.7.5.

It's also odd that the ISY throws all those "Cannot communicate..." alerts, yet HomeSeer is still able to control the devices through the ISY.

I didn't have much time to poke into things last night, but I'll be looking into it more thoroughly over the weekend.

- Dennis

Since the last updates from Apple (June 09) for Safari 4.0.1 and Java there are problems not being able to read parts of the UDI Program Details Tab. Specifically the Program Content part of the screen shrinks so tight you cannot read the contents and you cannot expand this size of the window or grab the scroll bar. This happens of both Firefox and Safari.

Hello AutomationNut,

Unfortunately this is not a bug we are tracking and thus I doubt any resolutions thereto.

Would you be kind enough to let me know which firmware version you have and does this happen all the time?

With kind regards,

Michel

Does this release fix the issue of the ISY not updating the time via the time server? Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I would like a little help from the forum members. I had a lengthy trouble-shooting session with Michel tonight and a potentially serious issue with my plm was mentioned. I am not convinced that my system is at fault and I feel there is a chance this is a bug.

I removed, reset, and added back in a 6 button KeypadLinc. I programed everything and then proceeded to test it, but the main on off buttons did not work. I looked at the event viewer and the button presses did not show up at all. I reset the device again and restored it, but the problem persisted. In my case the main KPL button is not linked to anything except the PLM of course, or not in this case? I only use it to trigger programs. To get it to work I had to add the button as a controller of a scene and then remove it. Now everything is working as expected. This event concerns Michel significantly, and he said scary things about my PLM link table.

Can anyone else test this action on their system and tell me if they see the same thing. I know that removing a device is exceedingly painful, but maybe somebody has one that is not all set up in programs and stuff and it would not be a horrible experience for them.

I am running an ISY-26 v2.7.5 and the 6 button KPL in question is a v.2C as reported by the ISY. I intend on removing this device again, factory resetting it and trying again as well. I will post my results.

Thanks all.

I would like a little help from the forum members. I had a lengthy trouble-shooting session with Michel tonight and a potentially serious issue with my plm was mentioned. I am not convinced that my system is at fault and I feel there is a chance this is a bug.

I removed, reset, and added back in a 6 button KeypadLinc. I programed everything and then proceeded to test it, but the main on off buttons did not work. I looked at the event viewer and the button presses did not show up at all. I reset the device again and restored it, but the problem persisted. In my case the main KPL button is not linked to anything except the PLM of course, or not in this case? I only use it to trigger programs. To get it to work I had to add the button as a controller of a scene and then remove it. Now everything is working as expected. This event concerns Michel significantly, and he said scary things about my PLM link table.

Can anyone else test this action on their system and tell me if they see the same thing. I know that removing a device is exceedingly painful, but maybe somebody has one that is not all set up in programs and stuff and it would not be a horrible experience for them.

I am running an ISY-26 v2.7.5 and the 6 button KPL in question is a v.2C as reported by the ISY. I intend on removing this device again, factory resetting it and trying again as well. I will post my results.

Thanks all.

Hi Illusion,

I am running the ISY99i, not sure of the differences between the 26 and 99. Hopefully my findings will help in some way.

Forgive the length of this post, the log takes up a bit of space.

I performed the following:

Linking the KPL using “Link Management>New Insteon Device†and entering the device address and using “Auto Discover†as the device type I found that pressing button A was not detected with the event viewer while B and C and D and the main on and off buttons were detected. However I did find if I added button A to a scene it registered fine from then on (similar to your experience).

I removed the KPL from the ISY, reset the KPL and then link it again as in the last paragraph and all button presses this time registered in the event viewer.

I removed, and reinstalled 7 times, 3 out of the 7 times produced the same results, but it wasn’t always the same button which didn’t register. Once it was A, then C then B. The other 4 times all button presses registered. I have attached the event viewer log below.

Linking the KPL using “Link Management>New Insteon Device†and entering the device address and specifying the device type as 2486S/WH6 this time working fine. I removed, reset and reinstalled 3 times, each time worked fine.

Linking the KPL using “Start Linking†also produced the proper results, 3 different times.

One thing I noticed while running all these tests was that while using the last linking method (Start Linking) that after the device was installed in ISY all the device listings (A-D) shown in the main managed device scene pane indicated “Off†right from the start. When linked using the other 2 methods there was no indicator (the space for the On/Off was just blank)(except for the main switch 1) until the buttons were pushed at least once. When a button press wasn’t registered in the event viewer that same device didn’t indicate on or off (it was just blank) in the device managed scene pane.

I also noticed that the version of the KPL wasn’t listed correctly (listed as v.00) when linking via “Link Management>New Insteon Device while specifying the address and device type. But by linking the other 2 ways did produce the version number (v.33), which has been covered in other threads, but I am not sure a fix is on the way or not.

I am running ISY99i v2.7.5

The plm is v85

The KPL is 2486S/Wh6 v.33

Event Viewer showing installation of the KPL thru to testing. After installation the button C wouldn’t register. I pressed button A-D in sequence twice and address 0f.d0.d0.5 doesn’t show up. However after including button C in a scene it worked fine.

2009/07/21 06:24:22 : ---- Initializing the linked devices ----

2009/07/21 06:24:22 : ---- All Linked Devices are now initialized ----

2009/07/21 06:24:22 : ---- Add remaining devices ----

2009/07/21 06:24:22 : [ F D0 D0 1] Removing all links

2009/07/21 06:24:24 : [ F D0 D0 1] Adding device to ISY

2009/07/21 06:24:25 : [0F.D0.D0.1] Start : Adding device to ISY

2009/07/21 06:24:25 : [0F.D0.D0.1] Finish : Adding device to ISY was Successful

2009/07/21 06:24:27 : [0F.D0.D0.1] Making PLM group 0 a Controller

2009/07/21 06:24:35 : [0F.D0.D0.1] Making PLM a Responder to group 1

2009/07/21 06:24:45 : [ F D0 D0 1] OL 255

2009/07/21 06:24:45 : [ F D0 D0 1] RR 27

2009/07/21 06:24:46 : [ F D0 D0 1] ST 0

2009/07/21 06:24:47 : [ F D0 D0 1] OL 255

2009/07/21 06:24:47 : [ F D0 D0 1] RR 27

2009/07/21 06:24:48 : [0F.D0.D0.A] Start : Adding device to ISY

2009/07/21 06:24:48 : [0F.D0.D0.A] Finish : Adding device to ISY was Successful

2009/07/21 06:24:48 : [0F.D0.D0.A] Making PLM a Responder to group 3

2009/07/21 06:24:56 : [0F.D0.D0.B] Start : Adding device to ISY

2009/07/21 06:24:56 : [0F.D0.D0.B] Finish : Adding device to ISY was Successful

2009/07/21 06:24:56 : [0F.D0.D0.B] Making PLM a Responder to group 4

2009/07/21 06:25:05 : [0F.D0.D0.C] Start : Adding device to ISY

2009/07/21 06:25:05 : [0F.D0.D0.C] Finish : Adding device to ISY was Successful

2009/07/21 06:25:05 : [0F.D0.D0.C] Making PLM a Responder to group 5

2009/07/21 06:25:10 : [ 11 9D 80 1] DON 1

2009/07/21 06:25:10 : [ F D2 B3 1] ST 255

2009/07/21 06:25:10 : [ 11 9D 80 1] ST 255

2009/07/21 06:25:15 : [0F.D0.D0.D] Start : Adding device to ISY

2009/07/21 06:25:15 : [0F.D0.D0.D] Finish : Adding device to ISY was Successful

2009/07/21 06:25:15 : [0F.D0.D0.D] Making PLM a Responder to group 6

2009/07/21 06:25:25 : [ F D0 D0 1] Device added to ISY

2009/07/21 06:25:25 : ---- All Remaining Device Added ----

2009/07/21 06:26:36 : [ F D0 D0 1] DON 0

2009/07/21 06:26:36 : [ F D0 D0 1] ST 255

2009/07/21 06:26:38 : [ F D0 D0 3] DON 0

2009/07/21 06:26:38 : [ F D0 D0 3] ST 255

2009/07/21 06:26:39 : [ F D0 D0 4] DON 0

2009/07/21 06:26:39 : [ F D0 D0 4] ST 255

2009/07/21 06:26:41 : [ F D0 D0 6] DON 0

2009/07/21 06:26:41 : [ F D0 D0 6] ST 255

2009/07/21 06:26:43 : [ F D0 D0 1] DOF 0

2009/07/21 06:26:43 : [ F D0 D0 1] ST 0

2009/07/21 06:26:44 : [ F D0 D0 1] DON 0

2009/07/21 06:26:44 : [ F D0 D0 1] ST 255

2009/07/21 06:26:46 : [ F D0 D0 3] DOF 0

2009/07/21 06:26:46 : [ F D0 D0 3] ST 0

2009/07/21 06:26:47 : [ F D0 D0 4] DOF 0

2009/07/21 06:26:47 : [ F D0 D0 4] ST 0

2009/07/21 06:26:48 : [ F D0 D0 6] DOF 0

2009/07/21 06:26:48 : [ F D0 D0 6] ST 0

2009/07/21 06:26:49 : [ F D0 D0 1] DOF 0

2009/07/21 06:26:49 : [ F D0 D0 1] ST 0

2009/07/21 06:27:28 : [0F.D0.D0.C] Start : Adding to scene 'Fmly Rm Ceil Lite 1'

2009/07/21 06:27:28 : [0F.D0.D0.C] Making PLM a Responder to group 5

2009/07/21 06:27:40 : [0F.D0.D0.C] Making 'Fmly Rm Ceil Lite 1' a Controller

2009/07/21 06:27:40 : [0F.D0.D0.C] Making PLM group 37 a Controller

2009/07/21 06:27:49 : [0F.D0.D0.C] Making 'Fmly Rm Ceiling Light 1' a Responder

2009/07/21 06:28:05 : [0F.D0.D0.C] Making 'Fmly Rm Ceiling Light 1' a Controller

2009/07/21 06:28:22 : [0F.D0.D0.C] Making 'Entry KPL A Fam Rm Lite' a Responder

2009/07/21 06:28:38 : [0F.D0.D0.C] Making 'Entry KPL A Fam Rm Lite' a Controller

2009/07/21 06:28:55 : [0F.D0.D0.C] Finish : Adding to scene 'Fmly Rm Ceil Lite 1' was Successful

2009/07/21 06:29:19 : [ F D0 D0 5] DON 0

2009/07/21 06:29:19 : [ A 82 12 1] ST 255

2009/07/21 06:29:19 : [ F D0 D0 5] ST 255

2009/07/21 06:29:19 : [ 5 15 67 3] ST 255

2009/07/21 06:29:27 : [ A 82 12 1] DOF 0

2009/07/21 06:29:27 : [ A 82 12 1] ST 0

2009/07/21 06:29:27 : [ F D0 D0 5] ST 0

2009/07/21 06:

Tim

Archived