Polisy

tibbar

3 hours ago, wingman1487 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought Polisy was just an appliance for Polyglot and that was it?  From my understanding you'll still need the ISY and will do all of the same tasks you do today in the ISY.

True today. 

But notice the name is likely a short form of Polyglot / ISY, and the long term intent is to integrate them together. Zwave will likely become a USB dongle, and who knows what the PLM will become. Three Ethernet ports, a serial port,  and 4 USB ports will allow all kinds of I/O. I have read other forums where people have the generic hardware board and claim the system is rock solid too.

Say goodbye to the cigarette size ISY as the PolISY is 8x8x2". Much better dissipation for the heat the four cores may generate.

In the end this has much more room to grow.

• 1 year later...
3 minutes ago, matt.york said:

I am thinking about ditching my ISY in favor of Polisy. Can Agave control a Polisy?

Maybe in a few years from now. Polisy doesn't have a home automation engine inside it yet. Polisy is only a bridge from the ISY home automation engine to foreign protocol devices.

1 hour ago, lilyoyo1 said:

I would think 2022 end of 4th quarter at the earliest. I can see beta this year but full release next

There will likely be more energy go into maintaining a backup ISY and cross over software to get "testers" over to it. I don't look forward to copying 592 programs by hand. :(

Thanks ISY Inventory NS!

2 hours ago, lilyoyo1 said:

I would think 2022 end of 4th quarter at the earliest. I can see beta this year but full release next

UDI's betas are usually pretty solid, so most of us could comfortably use all-in-one Polisy before final version, but Polyglot 3.0 may be the next exciting evolution.

Archived