Initial Feeback

Michel Kohanim

12 hours ago, Michel Kohanim said:

All,

You don't have to download UDX; that's only for the geek batch. So, @larryllix, please do NOT do anything. And, if you have, please see below:

For Geek batch:

sudo service udx stop
sudo pkg delete udx
sudo pkg install udx
sudo service udx start

@MWareman, I responded to your ticket.

With kind regards,
Michel

Thanks Michel. However no help for these polyglot errors. Something basic missing since v2.2.6

2020-1-3 20:05:04 [polyglot] info: Successful login by admin
2020-1-3 20:05:04 [polyglot] info: MQTTS: polyglot_frontend-Vz3PR authenticated successfully.
2020-1-3 20:05:04 [polyglot] info: MQTTS: Client Connected:
2020-1-3 20:05:04 [polyglot] info: MQTTP: Frontend Websockets interface Connected. 
2020-1-3 20:05:25 [polyglot] error: MQTTS: connectionError: null Cannot parse protocolId
2020-1-3 20:06:25 [polyglot] error: MQTTS: connectionError: null Cannot parse protocolId
2020-1-3 20:07:25 [polyglot] error: MQTTS: connectionError: null Cannot parse protocolId
2020-1-3 20:07:53 [polyglot] info: Ecobee(1): Processing command: command
2020-1-3 20:07:53 [polyglot] info: Ecobee(1): n001_controller :: DOF sent sucessfully
2020-1-3 20:08:25 [polyglot] error: MQTTS: connectionError: null Cannot parse protocolId

No. I finally got down to that location...no beeping.

Thanks!

Via ticket, Michel has found a parsing error in UDX that looks to be the likely cause of my issue. Hopefully, it’s the cause of others issues as well... and an update takes care of it.

2 minutes ago, Mustang65 said:

I loaded NANO or what ever the normal editor is called. Works fine.

Thanks but now  the question is how to get nano into the system. The normal editor on original unix style systems is vi and most find it very clumsy.

15 minutes ago, Michel Kohanim said:

I love vi so much that I have its plugin in my Eclipse and VSCode! And, I am so used to it that, when I do email or the forum, I keep using vi keys and then sigh!

With kind regards,
Michel

I have the vi plugin for PyCharm :)

Hello everyone,

The issue is that for some reason (either a GUI bug or user error), all network ports are disabled. Polisy should NOT allow all network interfaces to be disabled. This is something we are working on. In the meantime, we do have an update for udx which will make things a little more stable. If you can access Polisy via a browser, please click on System | Update Polisy and then reboot.

If you have ssh access:
sudo pkg update
sudo pkg upgrade

With kind regards,
Michel

@Michel Kohanim has found and fixed the issue I was having with udx - and my beeping has stopped and I can now access Polisy's settings screen.

In my case - I had a purchased SSL certificate - it's private key is 4096 bits. The udx binary was not expecting that - causing it to throw an error on start. 4096 bit keys are now being properly accommodated.  This is resolved in udx version v1.0.26_8.

Thank you!

Michael.

Archived