When will PolISY be shipped?

Blackbird

3 hours ago, upstatemike said:

Mine shows it passed through Rochester Saturday which would normally mean delivery today but no current info in the tracking log so we will have to see what happens. I have gotten no feedback from my missing package submiossion... guess that was a waste of time. (When it got scanned in Rochester it should have flagged something that said it had been located)

USPS says 7 business days after initial complaint on the website

Hope your package is safe and sound as mine was held at CBSA for a couple of days prior to being released. It must be random search month as no less than seven of my packages were held at CBSA for more inspection / review.

The controller was opened, swabbed, and X-Ray'd   . . .

I should have kept the box with the customs security tape for nostalgia!  

It has arrived! First thing I notice is that there is no damage to the box and the mailing label is completely legible. The Address is correct and all scan codes are clean and well placed so no reason for any scanning errors. In big clear letters the label says: "PRIORITY MAIL 3-DAY" which, having been picked up on December 26th would mean it should have been delivered on December 29th . That makes it 16 days late! There must be some way to hold USPS accountable for a service level failure of this magnitude!

31 minutes ago, upstatemike said:

It has arrived! First thing I notice is that there is no damage to the box and the mailing label is completely legible. The Address is correct and all scan codes are clean and well placed so no reason for any scanning errors. In big clear letters the label says: "PRIORITY MAIL 3-DAY" which, having been picked up on December 26th would mean it should have been delivered on December 29th . That makes it 16 days late! There must be some way to hold USPS accountable for a service level failure of this magnitude!

Good luck with that. If you find a way, let the world know. They're terrible

2 minutes ago, lilyoyo1 said:

Good luck with that. If you find a way, let the world know. They're terrible

I think my main message here is that there is absolutely NOTHING wrong with the way UDI shipped this. There is nothing they could have done to prevent the delay... it was 100% USPS. I suspect it is more specifically 100% USPS in California. I have never seen anything like this happen before anywhere else in the country. 

@upstatemike,

I am so very sorry that you had to go through this ordeal. You are not alone ...

With regard to using some other method, we had to use USPS because everyone complained about our shipping costs using UPS. For instance, and if we assume priority mail is like 3 day select, a $10.00 USPS charge would be $25.00 with UPS. The reason is that we are not setup to ship small packages. So, we don't get good rates for sending one or 20 units per day.

At the end of the day, one gets one pays for. Perhaps we should have offered both UPS and USPS.

With kind regards,
Michel

• 1 month later...

Latest update... this email came in this morning. I guess the search system isn't sophisticated enough to know that it was already delivered:

Thank you for using USPS.com.

The US Postal Service® received the search request you submitted and it's being processed. Your package has not yet been recovered, but every effort is being made to locate your item(s).

Search Request Details:

Request Date: 01/09/2020

Reference: Search ID #8052660

Tracking Number: 9405511899561169442021

We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

2 minutes ago, upstatemike said:

Latest update... this email came in this morning. I guess the search system isn't sophisticated enough to know that it was already delivered:

Thank you for using USPS.com.

The US Postal Service® received the search request you submitted and it's being processed. Your package has not yet been recovered, but every effort is being made to locate your item(s).

Search Request Details:

Request Date: 01/09/2020

Reference: Search ID #8052660

Tracking Number: 9405511899561169442021

We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

LOL . . . :D

Archived