Forum Changes?

DennisC

@Michel Kohanim,

Have there been any recent forum changes? 

I usually run the forum in "condensed" mode. This morning my saved hyperlink opened in "expanded" mode, which displays with too much white space. When I switch back to "condensed" there is no change in the forum.

Happy New Year's.

@Michel Kohanim

Totally different, but related to the forum display.  Way back before the new forum software, when you clicked on "activity" you got a listing of all the latest posts, but it did not duplicate the same thread if multiple posts were made.  Now, it shows every post.  Trouble is if there is one thing that is super active, you get tons of what basically are repeats and it pushes other topics so far down the list that you tend to miss them.

In short, I thought it was a lot better when any one thread would only appear once on the "activity" listing.

54 minutes ago, apostolakisl said:

@Michel Kohanim

Totally different, but related to the forum display.  Way back before the new forum software, when you clicked on "activity" you got a listing of all the latest posts, but it did not duplicate the same thread if multiple posts were made.  Now, it shows every post.  Trouble is if there is one thing that is super active, you get tons of what basically are repeats and it pushes other topics so far down the list that you tend to miss them.

In short, I thought it was a lot better when any one thread would only appear once on the "activity" listing.

Only 1 thread shows up for me. Under Activity, I select "Unread Content". By selecting the black dot after the avatar but before the title, I am taken to the first post I haven't read within the chosen thread, with all of the unread posts available by scrolling down.

On 1/2/2020 at 3:27 PM, DennisC said:

Only 1 thread shows up for me. Under Activity, I select "Unread Content". By selecting the black dot after the avatar but before the title, I am taken to the first post I haven't read within the chosen thread, with all of the unread posts available by scrolling down.

Yes, I see that, thanks for pointing it out.  Still, would rather not have to do the multi click, drop down, thing.  The most useful default would be to have it work that way direct from the main activity menu and have the "all activity' be something you need the drop down for.

1 hour ago, apostolakisl said:

Yes, I see that, thanks for pointing it out.  Still, would rather not have to do the multi click, drop down, thing.  The most useful default would be to have it work that way direct from the main activity menu and have the "all activity' be something you need the drop down for.

I mainly read the board on a tablet. Once at the page, in Chrome, I am able to save it to the tablet home page very similar to a bookmark. While I never tried this, I am wondering if your reading on a computer, if bookmarking the page would work?

Archived