I just finished installing HousePanel on an RPi and it's up and running linked to my Hubitat and ISY.  I had some questions about the ISY portion, the Hubitat is working as expected.

I only included 2 of my ISY lights (it imported 240+ items from my ISY) just to get started, one is an on/off switch(Office), the other is a dimmer.  Both appear with a dimmer control, see screen shot.  When I click on them I can turn the lights on, but further clicks do nothing.  Also the gray bulb does not does not toggle to a yellow color(like it turned on), should it?  The only way to turn them off is to slide the dimmer control all the way to the left.  I also don't see scenes listed as a choice to include, just the individual devices.  As a result when I turn the dining room light on the other switch (3 way) remains in the off position. 

(edit: I just read that you don't support scenes yet, that's a show stopper for me because of the 3way issue I just described.  Hope you are able to soon.)

I'm obviously new to your interface so likely I don't have the configuration setup correctly.  Any help would be appreciated.  First impressions are that it is an impressive control panel with lots of flexibility. Thanks.

Annotation 2020-07-27 105102.png

Edited by tmorse305

tmorse the light bulbs should go from grey to yellow when you click on them to show the state change and also should reflect changes that ISY sees. I did see some "weirdness" with the sliders and adding fans with the new version. Unfortunately my knowledge is limited but kewashi has been very helpful with me so far.

The scroll bars are usually not there so your screen is probably smaller than the typical one n resolution.  This can be fixed by changing the pixel size in the main CSS file. Then you can add a control tile - this is a special tile that allows you to do menu actions. After adding that tile you can go into Kiosk mode on the Options page. This will make the tabs on bottom go away. 

1 hour ago, tmorse305 said:

edit: I just read that you don't support scenes yet, that's a show stopper for me because of the 3way issue I just described.  Hope you are able to soon.)

I couldn’t find an API call in the REST documentation for scene support. Programs are supported. The 3way issue can be simulated on the HousePanel side with rules but I know that is an unsatisfying hack. I am a little fuzzy in scenes and why you need them. I suppose if you always want to control multiple lights as a group — I get that. 

Regarding your other question - the lights should change visual state when clicked on. If that isn’t happening then something isn’t set up right. Typically this happens when the websocket doesn’t get set up properly such as using a port that isn’t available. Check the websocket port value - and maybe change it and restart the server. 

If anyone knows how to invoke a scene via a REST API call I would love to add them. Maybe @Michel Kohanim can help.

3 hours ago, kewashi said:

Regarding your other question - the lights should change visual state when clicked on. If that isn’t happening then something isn’t set up right. Typically this happens when the websocket doesn’t get set up properly such as using a port that isn’t available. Check the websocket port value - and maybe change it and restart the server.

I changed the websocket port and resolved the problem, thank you

• Like 1

12 hours ago, tmorse305 said:

edit: I just read that you don't support scenes yet, that's a show stopper for me because of the 3way issue I just described.  Hope you are able to soon.)

I did some more reading about scenes and now understand they are a special type of node that the normal node API should return. I am optimistic that I can add this. Stay tuned...

• Like 1

9 hours ago, kewashi said:

I did some more reading about scenes and now understand they are a special type of node that the normal node API should return. I am optimistic that I can add this. Stay tuned...

Great news thanks again for your work on this.  I played around with the rules in HousePanel to see if I could create the 3 way switch.  I managed to create a rule that would toggle the other switch when the primary was clicked but somehow broke the primary switch.  It no longer turns the light on.  Is there a way to reset the primary tile back to the defaults?  I tried the reset button within the editing tile screen but that causes the button to collapse into a small rectangle.  This is what the tile looks like now, no more light bulb...

image.thumb.png.6bff7c46c17566b0e4c3aa69af4950a3.png

7 hours ago, tmorse305 said:

Is there a way to reset the primary tile back to the defaults?  I tried the reset button within the editing tile screen but that causes the button to collapse into a small rectangle.  This is what the tile looks like now, no more light bulb...

First - thanks for trying the RULE engine. Its very powerful but can trip you up if not used right.  It looks like you tied the rule to the "switch" field which means it replaced the default switch. The way you should use it is identify a new name - it can be anything - like "myrule" and then write the rule. To reset what you did, go to the customizer and delete the "switch" rule using the DEL button. After closing the dialog box the original switch should return. Here is what it looks like to define a rule with a new name. Notice the "myrule" in the bottom left field. Then click "Add" and it will show as RULE:myrule underneath the existing switch icon.

image.png.e037fa7c48bc135116db6c10ddd3584c.png

6 hours ago, Michel Kohanim said:

I think you have already found the answer about scenes

Indeed ... I’m testing the update as we speak. It was easy to add once I inspected the Json file format of the full node list returned by the hub query. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kewashi said:

First - thanks for trying the RULE engine. Its very powerful but can trip you up if not used right.  It looks like you tied the rule to the "switch" field which means it replaced the default switch. The way you should use it is identify a new name - it can be anything - like "myrule" and then write the rule. To reset what you did, go to the customizer and delete the "switch" rule using the DEL button. After closing the dialog box the original switch should return. Here is what it looks like to define a rule with a new name. Notice the "myrule" in the bottom left field. Then click "Add" and it will show as RULE:myrule underneath the existing switch icon.

All fixed, thanks for the coaching, I wrote 2 rules one for on and one for off.  I works great!

• Like 1

Update - Version 2.314 posted tonight with support for ISY scenes.  Scenes show up just like any other ISY node. Two triggers are included for each scene - DON and DOF for turning the scene on and off. The DON/on will look like a lit lightbulb and the DOF/off will be unlit.  A field for each item in the scene will also be created that you can leave for awareness or hide using the editor. Here is what a simple scene looks like that triggers my two Insteon lights.  And of course, the tile can be styled in the editor to look however you want it to look as usual.

image.png.8525d4a7a2df6d4c11489cf20d64f8dd.png

• Like 2

Thanks kewashi I will give the new version a try this weekend. 

Looking at the screen resolution stuff would I be putting the resolution in the housepanel.css file where it list the panel jpeg files? Also what would that input look like and what size would I use with a screen with 1920X1080? Changing the resolution of the jpeg file does not consistently change the way it is displayed and I have to run the browser at 170% even on smaller screens to not have white on the bottom and right.

12 hours ago, tazman said:

Also what would that input look like and what size would I use with a screen with 1920X1080?

You can put the size parameters in skin-housepanel/housepanel.css if you just want it to impact that skin. For it to impact all skins you should put it in tileeditor.css in the main hpserver folder. Here is what the section should look like for a 1920 x 1080 screen. The default is for 1200 x 650 which is works well on 10" Fire tablets. Experiment with different values until you get a screen that looks good. As for the background jpeg file, the resolution doesn't matter as long as it as at least as high as the screen size so 1920x1080 or larger. I am suggesting below that the min-height be set slightly less than 1080 to leave room for the tabs on top and action buttons on bottom.

@media (orientationlandscape) {
    #dragregion#dragregion div.panel {
        min-height: 900px;
        width1920px;
    }
}

28 minutes ago, tmorse305 said:

Are there special upgrade instructions or just do a re-install?

If you look at the dates of the files on the Github site you can just replace the ones kewashi has updated recently.

22 hours ago, kewashi said:

Update - Version 2.314 posted tonight with support for ISY scenes. 

I updated to 2.314 and it works great.  Thanks for your effort to include scenes from ISY.

A note on the upgrade, I tried to update just the recently modified files as tazman suggested but I couldn't get the server to restart.  So I deleted the whole thing and did another install which worked.  I had to change the websocket port from 1380 again but then it would not restart.  Then I remembered!  There is a typo in your restart instructions that tripped me the first time around and I did it to myself again!(cut & paste)  I suspect tazman's instructions would have worked just fine but I forgot about the typo.  

Annotation 2020-07-30 210544.png

Edited by tmorse305
  • Like 1

Thanks kewashi

I did the update and even updated ISY to the newest firmware and all is working well. I would like the numbers from some  of the node servers to have the F behind them to show better that they are temperature readings. Here is the node information fornthe colored numbers to see that it is included in there. The screen shot does not represent the monitor it is displayed on which I have it filling it almost perfectly.

<nodeInfo>
<node flag="0" nodeDefId="virtualtemp">
<address>n004_5</address>
<name>temperature 5</name>
<family instance="4">10</family>
<parent type="1">n004_controller</parent>
<type>0.0.0.0</type>
<enabled>true</enabled>
<deviceClass>0</deviceClass>
<wattage>0</wattage>
<dcPeriod>0</dcPeriod>
<startDelay>0</startDelay>
<endDelay>0</endDelay>
<pnode>n004_controller</pnode>
<ELK_ID>J10</ELK_ID>
</node>
<properties>
<property id="GV1" value="885" formatted="88.5°F" uom="17" prec="1"/>
<property id="GV10" value="0" formatted="None" uom="25"/>
<property id="GV11" value="0" formatted="0" uom="56"/>
<property id="GV12" value="0" formatted="Off" uom="25"/>
<property id="GV13" value="0" formatted="Off" uom="25"/>
<property id="GV2" value="22" formatted="22 minutes" uom="45"/>
<property id="GV3" value="903" formatted="90.3°F" uom="17" prec="1"/>
<property id="GV4" value="842" formatted="84.2°F" uom="17" prec="1"/>
<property id="GV5" value="872" formatted="87.2°F" uom="17" prec="1"/>
<property id="GV6" value="0" formatted="None" uom="25"/>
<property id="GV7" value="1" formatted="State Var" uom="25"/>
<property id="GV8" value="5" formatted="5" uom="56"/>
<property id="GV9" value="0" formatted="None" uom="25"/>
<property id="ST" value="905" formatted="90.5°F" uom="17" prec="1"/>
</properties>
</nodeInfo>

Screenshot_20200802-084735_Chrome.jpg

2 hours ago, tazman said:

I would like the numbers from some  of the node servers to have the F behind them to show better that they are temperature readings.

Hi @tazman thanks for your continued use of HP. Your dashboard looks awesome!

I tried to make the temperature readings show F when it was obvious to do so. I couldn't make it work for all cases unfortunately so some of them still come through without the F.  There is a very easy workaround however that you can use that is easy to implement. First, find the name of the field - such as GV4 above. Use Chrome F12 inspect to get this info. For example, it might look like:

image.png.78a7b82ce075bef2f168c29d797d4704.png

So for this, you would then enter into your skin CSS file the following:

div.isy.ecobee.GV4::after {
    content"°F";
}

Note the correlation between the isy.ecobee.GV4 and the inspected class value above. Do this for every type you want to add anything to.  You could also add the p_606 to ensure the styling only applies to this tile, but probably not needed. This same trick can be used to add anything like %, kg, mph, or whatever. Applying this to the tile above turns it into the following as expected:

image.png.dd4fec603c7f724a21e473ad1c4f5d27.png

The CSS code snip can be put in your skin-housepanel/housepanel.css file or your skin-housepanel/customtiles.css file or even the customtiles.css file in the main folder if you want it to apply to all skins. 

You can also use :before to add text in front of fields. The tile editor currently does not support adding ":after" or ":before" items, but I might add it in the future.

• Like 1

Hi kewashi,

Still trying to understand the tile customize screen and it's operation.  I have an Ecobee thermostat that I enabled the tile for.  The tile is shown below.  Is the current temperature coming through as a switch node, hence the light bulb?  Here is a summary of what I see on the tile customizer screen and the node display in ISY.  The green highlights are items that map to the tile.  Items highlighted in yellow I am able to match to the ISY node.  The others are unknowns. 

How do I display current temperature?

What are the numerical values associated with UOM?  I thought maybe ASCII or Hex but couldn't map it.

What are the other values shown in the tile customizer that don't seem to map to the ISY node?

Thanks for your help!

Annotation 2020-08-03 143437.png

Annotation 2020-08-03 141424.png

Annotation 2020-08-03 144320.png

Edited by tmorse305

On 8/3/2020 at 2:47 PM, tmorse305 said:

Still trying to understand the tile customize screen and it's operation.  I have an Ecobee thermostat that I enabled the tile for.  The tile is shown below.  Is the current temperature coming through as a switch node, hence the light bulb? 

This was a bug in my code -- I never caught it because my Ecobee thermostats are also tied to SmartThings and I use them that way. Anyway, I fixed the ST field to show Temperature now instead of on/off as before. The bulb shown was a side effect of this bug. I just posted 2.316 which fixes this problem. After this fix you should see temperature show up as a green circle for thermostats as follows:

[EDIT] Fixed temperature order to show on top...

image.png.969cc77cb3a1df97c8ba947a09071f20.png

Edited by kewashi
fix T order and replace screenshot

On 8/3/2020 at 2:47 PM, tmorse305 said:

What are the other values shown in the tile customizer that don't seem to map to the ISY node?

All the uom values are "unit of measure" and can be safely ignored. If you are curious, the uom is what created the bug. uom values of 17 signal that the ST field is actually a temperature instead of a switch. The others are fields that contain details of the node with things like humidity, state, active, etc.

Edited by kewashi