Polisy question

asbril

26 minutes ago, asbril said:

My question is only out of interest, not because of any problem.....

Almost every day there are updates  in Polisy. Where do these updates come from, UDI or nodeservers ?

Where are you seeing it call for updates? Generally, updates for the nodeservers show up next to the nodeserver that needs to be updated.

I havent seen an update for my polisy. At least not as of last night. Do you have the box for beta updates checked?

2 minutes ago, lilyoyo1 said:

Where are you seeing it call for updates? Generally, updates for the nodeservers show up next to the nodeserver that needs to be updated.

I havent seen an update for my polisy. At least not as of last night. Do you have the box for beta updates checked?

In Polisy : System - "Check for Polisy Updates" . There are almost daily updates.  I unchecked beta, as there seems to be an issue.

1 update this morning.

35 minutes ago, asbril said:

In Polisy : System - "Check for Polisy Updates" . There are almost daily updates.  I unchecked beta, as there seems to be an issue.

1 update this morning.

What is your firmware version? I wonder if yours have actually completed the last one which is why it's constantly saying there's an update

21 minutes ago, lilyoyo1 said:

What is your firmware version? I wonder if yours have actually completed the last one which is why it's constantly saying there's an update

Version 2.2.9-5 Status: Connected
Frontend Version: 2.2.9-5
ISY Version: 5.0.16C

Did you click on Systems -Check for Polisy Updates ?

14 minutes ago, asbril said:

Version 2.2.9-5 Status: Connected
Frontend Version: 2.2.9-5
ISY Version: 5.0.16C

Did you click on Systems -Check for Polisy Updates ?

If you can open a terminal session to your Polisy, you can type in the following command, 'uname -a', and find out what the Polisy OS is:

[admin@polisy ~]$ uname -a
FreeBSD polisy 12.1-RELEASE-p5 FreeBSD 12.1-RELEASE-p5 r361000 POLISY  amd64
[admin@polisy ~]$ 

Additionally, if you run this command in the terminal, you can see what the updates are:

tail /var/log/messages

On my Polisy this morning, the single update was:

May 26 05:15:25 polisy pkg[76768]: py37-lxml upgraded: 4.5.0 -> 4.5.1 

The updates come from the UDI FreeBSD package repository (I believe), and they're OS updates, not nodeserver updates.

1 hour ago, Bumbershoot said:

On my Polisy this morning, the single update was:

May 26 05:15:25 polisy pkg[76768]: py37-lxml upgraded: 4.5.0 -> 4.5.1 

The updates come from the UDI FreeBSD package repository (I believe), and they're OS updates, not nodeserver updates.

This answers my question. You had 1 update this morning as well.

5 minutes ago, Michel Kohanim said:

Hi @asbril,

They come from our nightly builds. If there are things that need update, they will show up there. You don't have to update everyday though. If it's something critical, we will let you know.

With kind regards,
Michel

Thanks Michel, it was just a question on the why and where from. My Polisy works as a dream. Thanks for the explanation.

I periodically run the check for updates also and since they seem to appear frequently try to remember to check every week at least.  I also run the check again after I apply the updates to make sure it returned to zero.   At one point in history months ago, it didn't return to zero and the updates continued to mount and ultimately Michel ultimately had me

sudo pkg update && sudo pkg upgrade

sudo service udx restart

I've often wondered about the contents of the updates and whether there needed to be a more pro-active method of making them obvious.  I'm happy that @asbril asked.  In the early days I was also rebooting polisy after applying any updates, however they were so frequent that I've stopped doing that, figuring it would tell me to restart if I really needed too. 

I must mention again tho that the non-persistent green boxes that you have to stare at the screen and wait for are quite annoying.  I hope that its high on the list that those become persistent until dismissed.... at least the subset that say things like "Update Check complete. 1 package available for update. Click on the "System > Update Polisy" button to start."

• 3 months later...

Hello All,

After a bit of playing with the forum search function I have decided this was the most appropriate place to ask my question.

I have an ISY-994 Pro with Wave that was running 5.0.16C as I had the older Wave 300 module and couldn't't upgrade beyond that.  Yesterday I received my Wave 500 module and installed.  After getting my Wave devices re-registered on the new module I upgraded the ISY firmware to 5.2.0. (Screenshot below)

I recently purchased a Polisy Pro and have had it working nicely with the ISY with 4 node servers running on it.  After upgrading the ISY to 5.2.0, the Polisy still shows the ISY at version 5.0.16C.  (Screenshot below)  I have rebooted both the ISY and the Polisy.  How do I get the Polisy to recognize the newer ISY firmware version?

There doesn't seem to be any ill effect.  All node servers are working as expected.  Just mostly curious about this discrepancy.

Thanks.

-Xathros

Screen Shot 2020-09-25 at 12.48.35 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-09-25 at 12.57.37 PM.png

1 minute ago, Michel Kohanim said:

@Xathros,

I suspect it's the cache in the browser. Can you please do any of the following and let me know:

1. Hit the refresh button on the browser
2. Clear the cache in the browser
3. If you have another browser, please try it

With kind regards,
Michel

Nailed it!

All better now.

-Xathros

Archived