Controlling a Honeywell Damper with an IOLinc

anyhoo

Long time reader and Insteon user, first time poster here.

I recently moved into a new house that has a whole house ventilation system. (It's actually just a duct connected to the outdoors via the return air leg of my HVAC system.) Currently, when I want to bring air from the outdoors inside via this system, I need to walk downstairs to the HVAC system and manually flip a switch. There's no control via the thermostat, which, to me, defeats the whole point of this contraption as I can't turn the vent off when a given temperature is reached.

What I know so far is that there is plain ol' wall switch located next to the air handler in my basement. When the switch is turned on, the air handler's fan turns on and the damper (a Honeywell TrueZONE ARD) opens. The switch is wired to the 24v output from the air handler and presumably provides power to the damper motor. Ideally, I'd like to wire in an IOLinc to control the damper independently of that wall switch so that I could control the whole house ventilation using my automation and have the plain old wall switch as a "backup" of sorts.

So here are my questions:

1.) Would my plan even work or do I need to completely bypass the plain old wall switch and run this one way or the other, but not both?
2.) Does the IOLinc provide 24v of power or do I need to get something like a doorbell transformer to provide power to the damper?
3.) How would I connect the wiring to the damper and to the IOLinc? 

For reference, this is the manual for my damper: https://forwardthinking.honeywellhome.com/related_links/zoning/truezone_damper/install/Installation_Manual_33-00040.pdf

Thanks for the help!

Archived