Release 5.2.0 (RC3) - OUTDATED

Chris Jahn

2 hours ago, whywork said:

5.2.0 RC3 - broke my z wave Yale locks - looking for help with finding "simple" fix.

Any suggestions on simpler fixes?

Thanks

One of the issues I found after moving to 5.2.0 was that several of my devices lost their "association" with my ISY.  While they sort of still worked, they were unreliable.  To solve this:

1. Right click the z-wave device in the Admin Console
  2. select Zwave => Repair Links

As previously indicated, repair links is necessary after upgrading v5.2.0. In addition, I would ask how deep is your zwave mesh? You may need to add some devices or a zwave extended to insure a solid mesh network. 

Not being able to communicate is a strong symptom of needing to improve the zwave mesh.

Strange program behaviour.

Created a new program today that is supposed to run when two integers are different values.  The Then runs find manually.  However, if the two number are < or > OR is not, the THEN statement does not work.  

Then I went back and tested a few of my programs that use state variables thinking that this was a integer variable issue, and nope.  None of them are being triggered on a change..  

Rebooted the ISY... same issue, none of the programs that have variables in the IF section are firing... Thoughts?

Currently on 5.2.0.

Door - Casita Code - [ID 0035][Parent 0034]

If
        $s.casita_guest_code > $s.previous_guest_code
     Or $s.casita_guest_code < $s.previous_guest_code

Then
        $iDoorUser  = 6
        $iDoorCode  = $s.casita_guest_code
        Resource 'Program Doors.Casita'
        Resource 'Casita.Code_Update'
        $s.casita_guest_code Init To $s.casita_guest_code
        $s.previous_guest_code  = $s.casita_guest_code
        $s.previous_guest_code Init To $s.casita_guest_code
        Stop program 'Door - Casita Code'

Else
   - No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

@Mecheng70, I tested this code and it seems to work properly but there are two caveats and one question:

1.  The variable s.casita_guest_code must be a State variable. If not, the program will never be triggered. Programs cannot be triggered by changes in Integer variables.  Because you are setting s.previous_guest_code = s.casita_guest_code in your program, it seems that something changing s.casita_guest_code will cause the program to do what you want. 

2. The variable s.previous_guest_code may be a State or Integer variable. In your program, changing this variable will not change s.casita_guest_code so you probably don't want the program to run if s.previous_guest_code changes so this can be (and you probably want this to be) an Integer.

Question: Why do you have this line: "Stop program 'Door - Casita Code?"  Once triggered, all of the "Then" lines are atomic and the program will stop anyway.

I did go ahead and change the s.previous_guest_code to a state variable and removed it from the then statement.  

Was able to get this to trigger from homeassistant.  

Not sure why my other state variable controlled programs are not running as then had in the past.  I will reboot the ISY again and see if that takes care of it.

I have the "Stop program" in there out of habit.  Yes, I understand that it should stop after the then lines, however, I there was an instance where a program was constantly running.  Possibly bad programming on my part.  I have removed it from this one to see if there is a difference.

Thanks.

@whywork,

I am so very sorry to hear. The issue is that, older door locks, required custom code for alerts. Each one, a different custom code. During the Z-Wave certification process, we decided to exclude custom code (and some features) to reduce our debugging time for certification. Our upcoming release 5.3, will be officially Z-Wave Plus certified after which we'll put back the custom code.

Again, I am so sorry.

With kind regards,
Michel

I have two issues that I believe may be related to 5.2.0;

1. BE469ZP is missing options and is not reporting user codes. I have a thread here with some log output on the enroll\unenroll process that I performed several times and got consistent results; 

2. In regards to Blueman2's post, I am not seeing 'Repair Links' when I right click on the zwave device and go to the zwave menu. 

zwave options.jpg

Since upgrading my unit to a 500 series zWave, I'm not able to remove or add any zwave devices (however, if I try to add or remove from SmartThings, it sees them just fine). In the admin console, I don't see anything when in linking/adding mode.

image.png.92588ae85b51f647ddb22b39bc61ad74.png

@Michel Kohanim, they would not restore and when I sync'd, they all went away. I used my SmartThings to send a handful of them disassociate commands (not sure of the right term this sec) then tried to add them new to the ISY by putting it in learning/add device mode and trying to associate those devices as new. The ISY sees nothing (that I can tell) when I do this. I gave up on trying to get the old device list working as I figured I was beyond being able to fix. I tried restoring an old offline backup, but no luck.

@Michel Kohanim, I may be doing something wrong, but that's what I tried and the ISY does not seem to see them at all. My understanding for these units (mostly GE toggles and some monoprice outlets) is that any host can set the exclude mode (which I did using the SmartThings, since ISY didn't seem to be speaking to them at all). When I excluded them there, they reported back as "successful", leading me to think they'd again be available to include on the ISY. When I re-run device discovery on the ISY, nothing happens at all. I've set the log to debug hoping I'd see something there when I make the attempt, but I don't. Running out of ideas... New to z-wave troubleshooting (I've had most of these in place for 2+ years, so I don't really think about them much). Perhaps I'm misunderstanding the process in some way?

15 minutes ago, BigRic said:

@Michel Kohanim, I may be doing something wrong, but that's what I tried and the ISY does not seem to see them at all. My understanding for these units (mostly GE toggles and some monoprice outlets) is that any host can set the exclude mode (which I did using the SmartThings, since ISY didn't seem to be speaking to them at all). When I excluded them there, they reported back as "successful", leading me to think they'd again be available to include on the ISY. When I re-run device discovery on the ISY, nothing happens at all. I've set the log to debug hoping I'd see something there when I make the attempt, but I don't. Running out of ideas... New to z-wave troubleshooting (I've had most of these in place for 2+ years, so I don't really think about them much). Perhaps I'm misunderstanding the process in some way?

At this point you have to start with a fresh slate anyway so I would factory reset the zwave dongle. If all of your devices are zwave plus, start with the closest device to the isy and start re-adding them in. If not, you may need to bring them closer to the isy

Here is my zwave info

zwave version.jpg

And I am just noticing this - Zwave node 19 is a PC controller that I used to move my topology to when I upgraded to the 500 series radio. I thought I had moved ownership back to the ISY. I am not using this node in anyway, and I can remove it, but I want to avoid having to redo enrollment across the board. 

After removing the Z Stick I am able to see the repair links options again. Still missing the options and user reporting for the lock however. Might try and rejoin tomorrow. 

Last week I learned my Z-Wave module was out of date—I guess I shouldn't be surprised, since I purchased my ISY back in 2013 (I think?)! So I ordered a new module from aartec and it arrived today. This afternoon I installed the module, upgraded the ISY to 5.2, and restored zwave backup. All looks well!

Thanks for all your work on this project!

Archived