Since upgrade - unable to communicate with any device

Hi gang!

ISY 994i version 4.8.0.

I upgraded to 4.8.0, and since then, the ISY is unable to communicate with any of my devices.  Every Insteon device has a red exclamation mark beside its name in the Main tab.  

Not sure where to start troubleshooting.  I powered down the ISY and the PLM and let them both reboot, but it doesn't seem to have helped.

Any thoughts?

Cheers!

4 minutes ago, to_lighter said:

Hi gang!

ISY 994i version 4.8.0.

I upgraded to 4.8.0, and since then, the ISY is unable to communicate with any of my devices.  Every Insteon device has a red exclamation mark beside its name in the Main tab.  

Not sure where to start troubleshooting.  I powered down the ISY and the PLM and let them both reboot, but it doesn't seem to have helped.

Any thoughts?

Cheers!

Possible PLM failure.

Have you tried to power up your PLM first, and then power up your ISY994? (after)

Have you attempted a Restore on any device yet?

Thanks!  

I used the automatic upgrade function of the ISY (it was prompting me at the top of the window that 4.8.0 was available).  Is there a way to check that I have the PLM version of the firmware?  My firmware version is Insteon_UD994 v.4.8.0.  The green light on the PLM is lit up.  I swapped the ethernet cable, and that didn't help.

Cheers!

28 minutes ago, to_lighter said:

Thanks!  

I used the automatic upgrade function of the ISY (it was prompting me at the top of the window that 4.8.0 was available).  Is there a way to check that I have the PLM version of the firmware?  My firmware version is Insteon_UD994 v.4.8.0.  The green light on the PLM is lit up.  I swapped the ethernet cable, and that didn't help.

Cheers!

Did you do restore plm and restore devices?

Just another update, when I check the error log it is completely full of -10108 errors - check log.  Not sure what that means, and a search of this site didn't find anything that would help here.

I ran the Restore PLM.  I don't think it really did anything.  It was over very quickly with no change to the communication errors.

I've also tried swapping the PLM ethernet cable for a brand new and shorter one and that didn't seem to help.  Maybe the PLM is dead?

Any thoughts?

• 2 weeks later...

Well, things are not getting better.

I replaced the PLM.  I followed the wiki instructions and ran the restore PLM function.  Now the ISY reports that is connected to the new PLM (correct address listed), but still will not communicate with a single device in my system.  Also, when I run the PLM links function in now reports a count of 0 and no links are listed.  

The ISY seems to be in some kind of loop trying one by one to write to my dozens of devices.  It has been reporting "System Busy" for most of the day.

I guess I will try the restore PLM function again, if my ISY is ever not busy.  Any other suggestions?

Cheers!

4 minutes ago, to_lighter said:

Well, things are not getting better.

I replaced the PLM.  I followed the wiki instructions and ran the restore PLM function.  Now the ISY reports that is connected to the new PLM (correct address listed), but still will not communicate with a single device in my system.  Also, when I run the PLM links function in now reports a count of 0 and no links are listed.  

The ISY seems to be in some kind of loop trying one by one to write to my dozens of devices.  It has been reporting "System Busy" for most of the day.

I guess I will try the restore PLM function again, if my ISY is ever not busy.  Any other suggestions?

Cheers!

Probably wasn't the plm then. Id submit a ticket with udi

Thanks Michel,

Interesting.  I don't have port forwarding set up on my router, so I'm not sure how that would occur.  Would this show up in another log?

In the meantime, how do I get my ISY to talk to my devices?  Interestingly, when I turn on and off a light (for example, the one in my office), the status of the light in my admin console is updated correctly, so communication is occurring.  However, if I query a device (any device) or try to update it or restore it I get communication errors.

It's like the ISY has lost all ability to accurately communicate with the devices.  Restore PLM didn't seem to help.  This is true even after replacing the PLM.  Should I use the Remove PLM function and then try Restore PLM?

Cheers!

Archived