In-Linelinc Dimmer Problem?

johnmsch

Just installed a #2475D In-Linelinc Dimmer on Saturday. Set it up in my ISY and set a program to turn the light on at sunset and off at sunrise. Now, the light will not turn on. I tried turning the breaker off and back on again, but now the light on the dimmer just blinks. I can't query it from the ISY admin console, and its not responding to any commands.

Any idea what the problem might be?

Update: now the light on the In-Linelinc is on steady. When I do a query from the admin console, this is all I see:

Old Floods Status 0% Sun 11/08/2009 11:06:24 PM Web Log

Old Floods Status 0% Sun 11/08/2009 11:06:24 PM System Log

Old Floods On Level 100% Sun 11/08/2009 11:06:25 PM System Log

Old Floods Ramp Rate 0.1 Sec Sun 11/08/2009 11:06:25 PM System Log

Still can't turn them on.

Hi johnmsch,

Please open Tools | Diagnostics | Event Viewer on level 3. Try turning the device on/off. If you do not see any errors (comm errors) and if all INST-ACK is followed by INST-SRX, then the problem is either the light itself or the inlinelinc is defective.

With kind regards,

Michel

Update: now the light on the In-Linelinc is on steady. When I do a query from the admin console, this is all I see:

Old Floods Status 0% Sun 11/08/2009 11:06:24 PM Web Log

Old Floods Status 0% Sun 11/08/2009 11:06:24 PM System Log

Old Floods On Level 100% Sun 11/08/2009 11:06:25 PM System Log

Old Floods Ramp Rate 0.1 Sec Sun 11/08/2009 11:06:25 PM System Log

Still can't turn them on.

Hi johnmsch,

Please open Tools | Diagnostics | Event Viewer on level 3. Try turning the device on/off. If you do not see any errors (comm errors) and if all INST-ACK is followed by INST-SRX, then the problem is either the light itself or the inlinelinc is defective.

With kind regards,

Michel

Just tried this, and the event viewer does not show any activity, even on level 3. I tried sending an on command, waited a few minutes, then sent an off. Still no activity in the event viewer at all.

Hi johnmsch,

You do not even see an INST-ACK? This comes from the PLM in response to sending a command. So, if you do not even see INST-ACK, then I would have to suspect your PLM. Do you get INST-ACK on any other device?

Please try the following:

1. Unplug ISY from the PLM

2. Plug it back in immediately

3. Login to the Admin Console and check Tools | Diagnostics | PLM Status/Info

If it show 0.0.0.0/Not connected then I suspect the PLM.

With kind regards,

Michel

Hi johnmsch,

With kind regards,

Michel

Just tried this, and the event viewer does not show any activity, even on level 3. I tried sending an on command, waited a few minutes, then sent an off. Still no activity in the event viewer at all.

Ok, this is strange. I seemed to remember that there were times when the admin console lost connectivity with the ISY. When I got home tonight, I checked the admin console, and it could not query any of my devices, nor turn them on or off. So I rebooted my computer, then went back into the admin console, and everything is working again. Is this a known issue? Is there a workaround?

I am still having a problem with the In-Linelinc. It is wired to 2 halogen floodlamps in my back yard. When I send the on command to it, the lights come on, but then begin to dim, and about a second or two later they are off again. Every time I send the on command, they come on but immediately dim out to off. Any idea what's causing this?

Thanks

Hello johnmsch,

This is surely not a known issue especially if it has to do with rebooting your computer (which means that ISY is still operating).

Do you think you have any programs that might be turning the device off when it's turned on? To check, please go to the Program Details tab, right mouse click on My Programs and then choose Find/Replace. Choose the inlinelinc from the list and see if it participates in any programs. If it does, you might want to disable that program and see whether or not the behavior persists.

With kind regards,

Michel

Ok, this is strange. I seemed to remember that there were times when the admin console lost connectivity with the ISY. When I got home tonight, I checked the admin console, and it could not query any of my devices, nor turn them on or off. So I rebooted my computer, then went back into the admin console, and everything is working again. Is this a known issue? Is there a workaround?

I am still having a problem with the In-Linelinc. It is wired to 2 halogen floodlamps in my back yard. When I send the on command to it, the lights come on, but then begin to dim, and about a second or two later they are off again. Every time I send the on command, they come on but immediately dim out to off. Any idea what's causing this?

Thanks

Hello johnmsch,

This is surely not a known issue especially if it has to do with rebooting your computer (which means that ISY is still operating).

Any idea why the admin console loses connectivity with the ISY?

Do you think you have any programs that might be turning the device off when it's turned on? To check, please go to the Program Details tab, right mouse click on My Programs and then choose Find/Replace. Choose the inlinelinc from the list and see if it participates in any programs. If it does, you might want to disable that program and see whether or not the behavior persists.

Just checked, and there is only the one program that turns the lights on at sunset, and off at sunrise.

Thanks

Hi johnmsch,

What version of ISY firmware you have and what URL do you use to get access to ISY?

I'm on 2.7.6, and I'd rather not post the URL, but it looks something like http://xxx.xxx.x.xxx

I have to suspect that your InlineLinc is defective.

I spoke with someone at Smarthome today, and they suggested I go through the reset procedure on the In-Linelinc. I'll be trying that tomorrow.

Thanks

Archived