Legit email or phishing?

I signed up for a Portal account at the beginning of the week, then a few days ago I got an email that claimed there had been a security breech of the UD database. 

The email was titled "Important Security Notice" and the sender was "Universal Devices News".

The links in the email direct to: universal-devices. us1. list-manage. com (spaces added so as not to create a link here).

Is this legitimate or possibly a phishing attempt?

5 minutes ago, BMarking said:

I signed up for a Portal account at the beginning of the week, then a few days ago I got an email that claimed there had been a security breech of the UD database. 

The email was titled "Important Security Notice" and the sender was "Universal Devices News".

The links in the email direct to: universal-devices. us1. list-manage. com (spaces added so as not to create a link here).

Is this legitimate or possibly a phishing attempt?

Everything about that looks like a phishing attempt. 

4 minutes ago, MrBill said:

I found that email in my Junk folder :(

Not sure why, I've received have plenty of UDI mail in my inbox.   I've now added sales@universal-devices.com to the trusted senders list.

That is the same here. Like you, I added it to my "safe sender" list, but became concerned when I noticed that the links and reply-to address were from domains other than universal-devices.com. I am very cautious about such things and it has served me well over the years.

Thanks again, for all of the replies.

Also received the message recently. 

I am also overly cautious about messages like this so I don't click on the links in the message, but go to known domain/site directly and check for news/messages and change passwords just to be safe. It's a pain with all the hacking going on these days.

I'm glad the message on the site said "Please note that, we do not store any credit card and/or payment information anywhere in our infrastructure." So at least that's one less thing to worry about...today.

Archived