PG3 ELK Node server 3.1.4

Jimbo.Automates

I am in the process of migrating from 994 to IoP, and it appears that neither the PG2 nor the PG3 Elk nodeservers support Elk thermostats. I just wanted to confirm that this is the case, because I do have Elk thermostats, and I do have quite a bit of program code for them. 

11 minutes ago, wmcneil said:

......... and I also see that recognizing Elk keypad presses also has an issue open (https://github.com/UniversalDevicesInc-PG3/udi-poly-ELK/issues/69)

Elk keypad presses not being recognized can be worked around by creating Elk Rules in ElkRP2 to turn on an output when pressed. That's how I got around it. Just be sure to turn it back off, either by only turning it on for a few seconds in the Elk rule or having the Elk Nodeserver turn it off.

1 hour ago, DennisC said:

Elk keypad presses not being recognized can be worked around by creating Elk Rules in ElkRP2 to turn on an output when pressed. That's how I got around it. Just be sure to turn it back off, either by only turning it on for a few seconds in the Elk rule or having the Elk Nodeserver turn it off.

Thanks, but I'm not seeing how to get an ISY program to respond to an Elk output changing. In a program, when I select a condition / status / area , the list of choices in the pulldown (Alarm Status, Armed Staus, ....) does not seem to include a choice for an Elk output?

13 minutes ago, wmcneil said:

Thanks, but I'm not seeing how to get an ISY program to respond to an Elk output changing. In a program, when I select a condition / status / area , the list of choices in the pulldown (Alarm Status, Armed Staus, ....) does not seem to include a choice for an Elk output?

In the Main tab the Elk Outputs are not listed under "Area x", but under "Elk Controller". Therefore, in a Program you need to go to: Status - Elk Controller / Output x. Then new selections popup and you can select Status or Default on Seconds.  From there you can select operands (<,>,=, ect) or variables.

In the Main tab the Elk Outputs are not listed under "Area x", but under "Elk Controller". Therefore, in a Program you need to go to: Status - Elk Controller / Output x. Then new selections popup and you can select Status or Default on Seconds.  From there you can select operands (<,>,=, ect) or variables.

Thanks, I realized the outputs key value in the elk nodeserver was empty. Once I put a range in there, they now appear. 

On 2/23/2022 at 10:25 PM, JimboAutomates said:

Please try latest PG3 3.0.41 and see if that fixes the issue.

On 2/24/2022 at 9:39 PM, DennisC said:

I won't be able to try this until the end of next week since I will be traveling until then.

First, sorry for the delay. I wanted to wait until I was at the site before trying the updated.

I completed all updates today, with the exception of updating Elk Node server to version 3.1.3 available in the store. No matter what I try, I am not updating and I am still on version 3.1.2.

I tried restarting several times, logged out/in to PG3, restarted Polyglot, rebooted Polisy both by command and pulling the plug. Every time I restart the Elk Node server I am still on v3.1.2.

Oh, and I am still showing Sky Battery False under Elk Controller.

What do you suggest?

38 minutes ago, DennisC said:

First, sorry for the delay. I wanted to wait until I was at the site before trying the updated.

I completed all updates today, with the exception of updating Elk Node server to version 3.1.3 available in the store. No matter what I try, I am not updating and I am still on version 3.1.2.

I tried restarting several times, logged out/in to PG3, restarted Polyglot, rebooted Polisy both by command and pulling the plug. Every time I restart the Elk Node server I am still on v3.1.2.

What do you suggest?

When I try to install 3.1.3 it asks me for the slot but I already have 3.1.2 installed.  Shouldn't it say update like PG2 does?

What do you suggest?

@JimboAutomates,

Some time during the last hour Sky Battery changed from false to true.

28 minutes ago, btreinders said:

When I try to install 3.1.3 it asks me for the slot but I already have 3.1.2 installed.  Shouldn't it say update like PG2 does?

It is my understanding that the way to update Node server's on PG3 is to restart the Node server and it will automatically pull the latest version.

If you select install button you would be installing it in another slot.

4 minutes ago, DennisC said:

It is my understanding that the way to update Node server's on PG3 is to restart the Node server and it will automatically pull the latest version.

If you select install button you would be installing it in another slot.

This is my understanding as well, but, currently there is breakage in the Node server store and Elk Node server will not update to 3.1.3. (See also this post)

That's strange.

That node value string is defined by the nls key "ST-ctl-GV1-NAME".  These should be unique per node server slot.

For the PG2 version of WeatherFlow, that is assigned to "Sky Battery", for Elk it should be "ELK M1EXP Connected".

@JimboAutomatesI see that you dynamically create the NLS for Elk, is it possible that this isn't getting written out and it is using something that was in that slot previously?

• 3 weeks later...

I've had the Elk Node Server working great on my ISY994 through PG3, but I've since migrated to the Polisy and reinstalled the node server. Now I get an error Node server install of ELK failed with message: custom add requires a key and value. I was able to get all other node servers working. Any thoughts? 

This appears to be happening with other node servers as well, but with the latest PG3 3.0.54 update, I'm getting these errors in the log:

2022-03-29 07:06:09,912 MQTT       udi_interface.interface INFO     interface:_message: Successfully set key = notices
2022-03-29 07:06:10,081 Command    udi_interface      ERROR    udi_interface:write: Exception in thread
2022-03-29 07:06:10,082 Command    udi_interface      ERROR    udi_interface:write: Command
2022-03-29 07:06:10,082 Command    udi_interface      ERROR    udi_interface:write: :
2022-03-29 07:06:10,083 Command    udi_interface      ERROR    udi_interface:write: Traceback (most recent call last):
2022-03-29 07:06:10,084 Command    udi_interface      ERROR    udi_interface:write: File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/threading.py", line 932, in _bootstrap_inner
2022-03-29 07:06:10,088 Command    udi_interface      ERROR    udi_interface:write: self.run()
2022-03-29 07:06:10,089 Command    udi_interface      ERROR    udi_interface:write: File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/threading.py", line 870, in run
2022-03-29 07:06:10,093 Command    udi_interface      ERROR    udi_interface:write: self._target(*self._args, **self._kwargs)
2022-03-29 07:06:10,094 Command    udi_interface      ERROR    udi_interface:write: File "/var/polyglot/.local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/udi_interface/interface.py", line 678, in _parseInput
2022-03-29 07:06:10,098 Command    udi_interface      ERROR    udi_interface:write: self._handleInput(key, input[key], None)
2022-03-29 07:06:10,099 Command    udi_interface      ERROR    udi_interface:write: File "/var/polyglot/.local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/udi_interface/interface.py", line 684, in _handleInput
2022-03-29 07:06:10,103 Command    udi_interface      ERROR    udi_interface:write: self._inConfig(item)
2022-03-29 07:06:10,104 Command    udi_interface      ERROR    udi_interface:write: File "/var/polyglot/.local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/udi_interface/interface.py", line 598, in _inConfig
2022-03-29 07:06:10,108 Command    udi_interface      ERROR    udi_interface:write: LOGGER.setLevel(self.currentLogLevel)
2022-03-29 07:06:10,108 Command    udi_interface      ERROR    udi_interface:write: File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/logging/__init__.py", line 1421, in setLevel
2022-03-29 07:06:10,114 Command    udi_interface      ERROR    udi_interface:write: self.level = _checkLevel(level)
2022-03-29 07:06:10,115 Command    udi_interface      ERROR    udi_interface:write: File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/logging/__init__.py", line 198, in _checkLevel
2022-03-29 07:06:10,118 Command    udi_interface      ERROR    udi_interface:write: raise ValueError("Unknown level: %r" % level)
2022-03-29 07:06:10,119 Command    udi_interface      ERROR    udi_interface:write: ValueError
2022-03-29 07:06:10,119 Command    udi_interface      ERROR    udi_interface:write: :
2022-03-29 07:06:10,120 Command    udi_interface      ERROR    udi_interface:write: Unknown level: 'NULL'

Archived