PG3 - AVRemote

jwagner010

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, New Concepts For Living said:

Just moved to a Polisy and was wondering the same thing.

Firstone moved Holidays Google to PG3 so I would think that he will do same with AV Remote

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/14/2022 at 12:24 PM, bpwwer said:

@firstoneseems to have disappeared and is no longer active.  I ported over the Holidays node servers to PG3.  I looked at AVRemote but I don't understand how it works well enough to try porting it.

@bpwwer I have managed to port AVRemote to PG3 for my own use, what is the policy on taking over an existing Node server if indeed @firstonehas gone missing? I am not a registered developer so have no idea how to publish it to the production store.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I just submitted the AVRemote PG3 port to the production store. Since this is my first I have no idea how long it takes to show up.

Note: The only device driver I tested was for the LG TV, I don't own the Onkyo or Denon AVR's so have no way to test them, but if a device driver worked under PG2 it should work the same with PG3.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, jjc said:

I just submitted the AVRemote PG3 port to the production store. Since this is my first I have no idea how long it takes to show up.

Depends on how quickly I see it waiting there.  You only have to wait for approval once, now that it's been approved, you can make updates and they'll be available immediately after you submit them.

However, PG3 only pulls those updates every 8 hours so you're pushing an update to resolve someones issues, it helps to let them know you've submitted it and tell them they can use the "Refresh Store" button in PG3 to get the update without waiting 8 hours.

And thanks for converting it to PG3!  I looked at it at one point but it looked like it was going to be more than a quick port.

2 hours ago, bpwwer said:

Depends on how quickly I see it waiting there.  You only have to wait for approval once, now that it's been approved, you can make updates and they'll be available immediately after you submit them.

However, PG3 only pulls those updates every 8 hours so you're pushing an update to resolve someones issues, it helps to let them know you've submitted it and tell them they can use the "Refresh Store" button in PG3 to get the update without waiting 8 hours.

And thanks for converting it to PG3!  I looked at it at one point but it looked like it was going to be more than a quick port.

@bpwwerI can tell you it was definately not an easy or quick port, one of the more complicated NS I have come across.

7 hours ago, jjc said:

Note: The only device driver I tested was for the LG TV, I don't own the Onkyo or Denon AVR's so have no way to test them, but if a device driver worked under PG2 it should work the same with PG3.

Thank you @jjc.  I was hoping someone would take this over.  I have 2 Denon AVR-1913's.  I tested one in Home Assistant already, but have started testing Network Resources on my IoP on the other Denon.  I'm not in any rush to do anything right now, so I could be a low pressure tester for Denon if you want me to try anything specific.  Feel free to PM or we can start another thread if there's anything specific you want me to try.  Otherwise I will try to find some time to load the NS and see how it goes with my Denon.  Thanks again!!

17 hours ago, asbril said:

Has anyone succeeded to get Chromecast in the AVRemote ?

@asbril I dont have a Chromecast device, but after looking at the driver for it there might be an issue. Give me some time to borrow a device so I can check the code.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, jjc said:

@asbril I dont have a Chromecast device, but after looking at the driver for it there might be an issue. Give me some time to borrow a device so I can check the code.

Thanks. It is not urgent. I have them working on Home Assistant. I basically use HA as a front for ISY, but found the Chromecast integration which works quite well. But it is always nice to have everything working in ISY.

22 hours ago, Michel Kohanim said:

@jjc, we can buy and send you one.

With kind regards,
Michel

@Michel Kohanim Thanks for the offer I already bought one. I fixed the issue I saw in the code I modified, but there is an error in the zeroconf module which I have no control over. I enabled Chromecast in the PG2 version and it is getting the same error, so my question is did Chromecast ever work in PG2? If so some upgrade must have cause this error. Michel can I open a support ticket and show you the error? The driver uses pychromecast which in turn uses zeroconf, when I run this outside of polyglot it works fine.

7 hours ago, jjc said:

@Michel Kohanim Thanks for the offer I already bought one. I fixed the issue I saw in the code I modified, but there is an error in the zeroconf module which I have no control over. I enabled Chromecast in the PG2 version and it is getting the same error, so my question is did Chromecast ever work in PG2? If so some upgrade must have cause this error. Michel can I open a support ticket and show you the error? The driver uses pychromecast which in turn uses zeroconf, when I run this outside of polyglot it works fine.

Yes Chromecast worked fine in PG2. I had 2 Chromecast connected as well as 5 Google Home/Mini devices.