Elk Products Forum is not work....are they next to fall?

silverton38

I have an update. I seem to be restricted from the forum. If I go the link while logged in it fails but if I go with our being logged in; it succeeds.

Anyway; I am concerned about this company. They are not released much over the last few years and dealers are a lot less then they used to be. It feels a lot like Insteon/Smarthome?

6 hours ago, silverton38 said:

I have an update. I seem to be restricted from the forum. If I go the link while logged in it fails but if I go with our being logged in; it succeeds.

Anyway; I am concerned about this company. They are not released much over the last few years and dealers are a lot less then they used to be. It feels a lot like Insteon/Smarthome?

How do you know dealers are a lot less now? Most of your elk dealers deal in high end systems such as C4, Savant, Crestron, etc. Its never been a system for the avg. layperson who will simply depend on their local alarm company so they wouldnt be all over- especially in an area that has a lack of high end clientele.

What is it that they need to update? They've updated their products to work with modern infrastructure. Due to the nature of their dealers, they dont need fancy keypads and touch screens since it works with their chosen system (which typically has those). In addition to that, most home owners still use and choose basic keypads. 

3 minutes ago, lilyoyo1 said:

How do you know dealers are a lot less now? Most of your elk dealers deal in high end systems such as C4, Savant, Crestron, etc. Its never been a system for the avg. layperson who will simply depend on their local alarm company so they wouldnt be all over- especially in an area that has a lack of high end clientele.

What is it that they need to update? They've updated their products to work with modern infrastructure. Due to the nature of their dealers, they dont need fancy keypads and touch screens since it works with their chosen system (which typically has those). In addition to that, most home owners still use and choose basic keypads. 

The list of distributors is much smaller than in the past. No math here just an observation.

It does look like year ago they did announce a new device to replace the M1. I have been wanting to buy one but the page never changes.

https://www.elkproducts.com/alarm-engine/

https://www.securityinfowatch.com/alarms-monitoring/product/21223726/elk-products-inc-e27-alarm-engine-from-elk-products

39 minutes ago, silverton38 said:

The list of distributors is much smaller than in the past. No math here just an observation.

It does look like year ago they did announce a new device to replace the M1. I have been wanting to buy one but the page never changes.

https://www.elkproducts.com/alarm-engine/

https://www.securityinfowatch.com/alarms-monitoring/product/21223726/elk-products-inc-e27-alarm-engine-from-elk-products

That's not saying much. Many independent distributors have been bought up over the years in general by larger companies such as snapav and Adi. In addition, the dropped ones may not have had the volume needed to maintain their status. 

May 2, 2022 at 1:22 am #6063 Reply
Brett Spiller

When will the elk e27 alarm engine gonna be available? Reports had said early 2022 and yet I barely still hear anything about it since it’s launch.

May 13, 2022 at 9:09 am #6088 Reply
elk-moderator.jpg
Mike Burrell

Brett,

Thank you for inquiring about the new control. We are actively working to prepare the product for release, our initial goal was as you stated early 2022. This has been delayed due to some improvements we elected to do before releasing the platform in order to add performance to the control and services.  At this time we are aiming for mid-summer as a targeted launch.

Thanks,

Mike

July 9, 2022 at 5:07 am #6219 Reply
Hugo Lyppens

<p style=”text-align: center;”>My elk m1 gold is malfunctioning. Instead of replacing it with another m1 gold, I am considering the Alarm Engine. Can I keep using all my rs485 bus keypads, zone extenders etc.?</p>

July 14, 2022 at 8:16 am #6224 Reply
elk-moderator.jpg
Brad Weeks

The M1 Bus Devices (keypads, input expanders, outputs expanders and serial ports expanders) will not work with the E27. the E27 has a different bus protocol.

4 hours ago, ldb said:
May 2, 2022 at 1:22 am #6063 Reply
Brett Spiller

When will the elk e27 alarm engine gonna be available? Reports had said early 2022 and yet I barely still hear anything about it since it’s launch.

May 13, 2022 at 9:09 am #6088 Reply
elk-moderator.jpg
Mike Burrell

Brett,

Thank you for inquiring about the new control. We are actively working to prepare the product for release, our initial goal was as you stated early 2022. This has been delayed due to some improvements we elected to do before releasing the platform in order to add performance to the control and services.  At this time we are aiming for mid-summer as a targeted launch.

Thanks,

Mike

July 9, 2022 at 5:07 am #6219 Reply
Hugo Lyppens

<p style=”text-align: center;”>My elk m1 gold is malfunctioning. Instead of replacing it with another m1 gold, I am considering the Alarm Engine. Can I keep using all my rs485 bus keypads, zone extenders etc.?</p>

July 14, 2022 at 8:16 am #6224 Reply
elk-moderator.jpg
Brad Weeks

The M1 Bus Devices (keypads, input expanders, outputs expanders and serial ports expanders) will not work with the E27. the E27 has a different bus protocol.

That is great feedback. Hopefully we will see something soon. I will buy it as soon as it is available.