Announcements with Yolink and speaker

GTench
Go to solution Solved by Panda88,

I don't have Yolink but I see that they have a speaker that can be used for making user defined announcements. Just wondering if the Yolink node server would allow me to trigger various announcements via IoP programs if I get a Yolink system and the node server

thanks,

Gary

Not sure about the Yolink process, but some others use Alexa routines (and I think Google Home) to make announcements. So if you already have one of those home (monitoring) speakers you could try those first.

https://wiki.universal-devices.com/index.php?title=ISY_Portal_Amazon_Echo_Integration_V3#ISY_Can_Talk_To_You.21_.28Alexa_Routines.29

I just recall others mentioning it on the forums. Might try a search (or Google Site search) for the references to that.

10 hours ago, GTench said:

I don't have Yolink but I see that they have a speaker that can be used for making user defined announcements. Just wondering if the Yolink node server would allow me to trigger various announcements via IoP programs if I get a Yolink system and the node server

thanks,

Gary

I have my yolink speaker sitting next to a google home device.  I use it to initiate google broadcasts of various messages throughout my home.  I imagine it could do anything a google home voice command can.

13 hours ago, palayman said:

I have my yolink speaker sitting next to a google home device.  I use it to initiate google broadcasts of various messages throughout my home.  I imagine it could do anything a google home voice command can.

Thanks. Just a couple of questions if you don't mind. Can the speaker be set up to speak different phrases depending upon what triggers it and have you tried using the node server to trigger a phrase from the speaker

3 hours ago, GTench said:

Thanks. Just a couple of questions if you don't mind. Can the speaker be set up to speak different phrases depending upon what triggers it and have you tried using the node server to trigger a phrase from the speaker

The speaker can say multiple phrases or recordings of your own voice or other sounds that can be tied to multiple triggers. I'm am stuck on PG2 since one of the node servers I need to move to PG3 and use the yolink Node server hasn't been ported.

Thanks again. I got a Yolink hub and speaker and gave it a try. I have a camera that looks at my front porch. It is connected to a blue iris system and blue iris node server that detects people when they are at the porch. I set up a program such that when blue iris detects people there the yolink node server announces it over the yolink speaker. Works quite well.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • Solution
On 7/20/2022 at 11:49 AM, palayman said:

The speaker can say multiple phrases or recordings of your own voice or other sounds that can be tied to multiple triggers. I'm am stuck on PG2 since one of the node servers I need to move to PG3 and use the yolink Node server hasn't been ported.

Late, but you can run PG2 and PG3 in parallel :-)