Polisy - Support thread for: PG3 v3.1.6 - v3.1.16 (December 9, 2022)

bpwwer

@bpwwer Great work! Just ran the update. Went without issues (for the most part).

The only issue I can mention is that as soon as I hit the "Restart Polyglot 3" option it took me immediately to the ISY Portal login. I let it sit there a while...what felt like long enough for PG3 to reboot (3-5 minutes). Logged into the portal, like it normally requires, then logged into PG3. It still said it needed to be rebooted. 

Went through the process again, but this time backed out of the ISY Portal login and was in the PG3 window with the yellow window. Waited for the yellow message box to go away and was then able to proceed with the log-in process (ISY Portal and PG3), PG3 is up and running fine. 

Nice work and thanks for the simple update process.

It should only say it needs rebooting if the Frontend Version is different from the Version (see below).  However, sometimes browser caching can confuse the check. 

If the two versions are the same, all is good.

If the frontend Version is less than Version, reload the page in the browser.

If the frontend Version is greater than Version then restart PG3. (in this case it should say needs restart0 

image.png.1f150014a1a8dffcb27c80539fd8526f.png

• Like 1
1 hour ago, khowell said:

I did not see that this update includes a way to recover and change the password so I still cannot login into PG3.

What you you mean you "STILL" cannot login to PG3? Have you posted somewhere that you weren't able to? You should have probably fixed that before going through an update process that required you to reboot PG3. 

Sadly, the "reset credentials" part of the multi function button on the Polisy does NOT reset PG3 credentials. (only SSH, IoP, and PG2)

You should start a support ticket to see how to reset the PG3 password.

Submit a Ticket:       https://www.universal-devices.com/my-tickets
Email:                           support@universal-devices.com

1 hour ago, Geddy said:

What you you mean you "STILL" cannot login to PG3? Have you posted somewhere that you weren't able to? You should have probably fixed that before going through an update process that required you to reboot PG3. 

Sadly, the "reset credentials" part of the multi function button on the Polisy does NOT reset PG3 credentials. (only SSH, IoP, and PG2)

You should start a support ticket to see how to reset the PG3 password.

Submit a Ticket:       https://www.universal-devices.com/my-tickets
Email:                           support@universal-devices.com

I had a support ticket (#17968) 3 months ago where Michael told me to wait for the next update.

With that, he closed the ticket.  Still waiing.

I guess I will have to ask for a remote session..

image.png.a4aef1f83bc0744a4ff0a8451e08acd1.png

Edited by khowell
3 hours ago, khowell said:

I installed the update which seemed to go fine.

I did not see that this update includes a way to recover and change the password so I still cannot login into PG3.

I cannot restart it or see what version is running without logging in.

Please help!

There is a script to reset the PG3 username/password back to admin/admin included in the update.  You can only access it via a ssh command line.  The following commands should reset the password.

sudo su polyglot
node /var/polyglot/node_modules/@universaldevices/pg3/bin/password_reset.js
exit

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I found after upgrade PG3 thru the AC everything seemed to be running fine. When I tried to open the AC with ISY Finder, finder only reported 1 Polisy but the UUID reported all zeros on port 8080. Normally I get two choices, 8080 and 8443. I was not able to gain access at all. I ssh'ed in and shutdown Polisy. Rebooted and all is well again with finder, back to normal. 

In no way a big deal, just wanted to report my experience.

@bpwwerand everyone else behind the scenes, Awesome job! I like the new redesign of the production store too. Makes it easier to see whats installed, a lot easier on the eyes for me. 

Thank you!

-Tim

I usually install updates via SSH but this time I decided to try the instructions in the post for PG3 v3.1.6:  "In the Admin Console, click on Configuration, Upgrade Packages."

My Polisy is in another part of the house so I cannot hear the beeps to indicate upgrade is complete. I waited for 15 minutes and tried to login to the PG3 dashboard but it was not found. I tried SSH and then pinging but also not found.

After 30 minutes of no communication, I power cycled the Polisy. No change, no communication. I tried resetting the network connection per the wiki but the LED light never changed.

I have opened up a ticket with UDI support. Good reminder for everyone. Make sure you have current backups.

• Like 2

Can't seem to upgrade my Polisy from v3.0.63 to v3.1.6

image.thumb.jpeg.60fa8fec21792c98817045aa7af1f0bc.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.7595a8721488c4286fcce794b68feff1.jpeg

Here's what I have done:
In Polisy PG3 AC, Config>Update packages.  Polisy beeped 5 times.  Waited 5+ minutes, then in PG3 selected System>Restart Polyglot 3.
After Polisy came back up, PG3 stills showed 3.0.63.
Later, pressed Polisy front button once, beeped 5 times, after 20 minutes, PG3 still is on 3.0.63.  
Later via SSH to Polisy: sudo shutdown -p now
Waited 10 minutes, then power cycled polisy.  Beeped a few times (didn't count)
Polisy still shows 3.0.63

Will appreciate any suggestions on what am I doing wrong.  Thanks.

I successfully upgraded to 3.1.7 (which is different than 3.1.6 that I thought I was upgrading to)

I have to comment tho, that following the second instruction to restart PG3:

image.png.aecd2c93ad0689d4ff57fa41413ccba8.png

restart Polyglot 3 leads to some confusion.  When selecting "Restart Polyglot 3" I was presented with this utterly confusing dialog box pops up:

image.png.e2a154df57ae3d3dc028f881ed636ede.png

I didn't install any scripts. but i didn't seem to need to manually do that because it did restart.  Sounds like this dialog box is out of date and needs to be reworded.

Sorry about all the trouble with the update process.  That's not something I can do much about, but others are working to make that better.

After PG3 3.1.6 was released, a bug was discovered in one of the developer only functions.  3.1.7 fixes that bug but otherwise is identical to 1.0.6.  So unless you are a node server developer, there's no reason to update from 3.1.6 to 3.1.7.

@MrBillThanks for pointing that out, you're right that text is very confusing and wrong.  Since I took over development of PG3, I hadn't bothered to actually look at the text.

pg3_9-19-2022_14803_PM.zippg3_9-19-2022_14803_PM.zipI did exactly the same step as @wrj0 did above but now none of the NS will run.  I have tried to restart PG3 and individual NSs but no luck.

Suggestions?  Thanks.

Partial log attached, the whole file was too big.

Update:

I opened a ticket based on @bpwwercomment below.  Based on @JimboAutomatescomment above I re-ran the upgrade and many of the NSs restarted successfully.  I reinstalled one which fixed that one but the last one (August Lock) will still not run.  I'll also note that the AC is running very sluggishly.

Screenshot 2022-09-19 134459.jpg

pg3-current.zip

Edited by tmorse305
On 9/16/2022 at 6:08 PM, bpwwer said:

There is a script to reset the PG3 username/password back to admin/admin included in the update.  You can only access it via a ssh command line.  The following commands should reset the password.

sudo su polyglot
node /var/polyglot/node_modules/@universaldevices/pg3/bin/password_reset.js
exit

Bob, when I run the "sudo su polyglot" I get a request for a password.  When I use "Admin" I get a message "This account is currently not available."

I can navigate to the [admin@polisy /var/polyglot/node_modules/@universaldevices/pg3/bin] directory and see the script password_reset is present.

Not sure where to go from here,

Edited by khowell