Pink vs. Blue in ISY Admin tree view

Steve L
Go to solution Solved by lilyoyo1,

This seems like such a silly question, but I have gone through as much of the ISY documentation as I could and didn't find the answer.

In the ISY994i Admin tree view, some of the nodes are shown in blue and some in pink (see attachment). What do the two colors represent? Some of the ISY Wiki pages show these two colors but never explain them.

Screenshot 2022-12-05 141546.jpg

• Solution
11 minutes ago, Steve L said:

This seems like such a silly question, but I have gone through as much of the ISY documentation as I could and didn't find the answer.

In the ISY994i Admin tree view, some of the nodes are shown in blue and some in pink (see attachment). What do the two colors represent? Some of the ISY Wiki pages show these two colors but never explain them.

Screenshot 2022-12-05 141546.jpg

The same as for scenes. Red is for controllers only. Blue is for responders/controllers.

Your sensor can only be a controller which is why it's red.

• Thanks 1

I think Red is supposed to be for controllers and blue is supposed to be for responders, at least in scenes (source: ISY-994i Home Automation Cookbook). However, I've seen this question asked a lot over the last 10 years  and have never come away with a clear understanding of the differentiation of the colors in the node hierarchy.

• Like 2
On 12/5/2022 at 2:54 PM, Steve L said:

Yes, the switches are all capable of being scene controllers. Some are in blue (that LR Controller, for example) and some are in red.

Are you certain? There can be different firmwares for exactly the same product (heres looking at you fibaro, dome, ge, Eaton, and a couple more). In the zwave world, there is a difference between an actual zwave scene capable controller and a device that can control another device via the isy. If everything is exactly the same then I dont have an answer for you.

8 minutes ago, lilyoyo1 said:

Are you certain? There can be different firmwares for exactly the same product

It's possible I do not understand the term fully. The switches are the Zooz ZEN71 and ZEN34. The documentation shows them capable of initiating scenes, but you're right that they rely on a hub to respond to the request. 

27 minutes ago, Steve L said:

It's possible I do not understand the term fully. The switches are the Zooz ZEN71 and ZEN34. The documentation shows them capable of initiating scenes, but you're right that they rely on a hub to respond to the request. 

As @lilyoyo1pointed out, there are different options for each Zwave manufacturer.  I also believe that the current ISY firmware is not very Zwave Scene friendly, but apparenly that is about to change. 

• Like 1