Support thread for: IoX v.5.5.0

This means that process 17542 is still running.  The process might be hung, or just busy.  If it continues, you might consider giving your machine an orderly shutdown/restart -- I wouldn't pull the plug on it:
sudo shutdown -r now

Thanks. already been done many times now.

Best was
service stop
service start
of each udx, isy polyglot Mongol

that got me up with an actual UUID but after few minutes the UUID collapses again to 00.00.00.00.00.01 again and Insteon, and all i/o stops functioning again.

This thing is just continuously crashing.

Power cycled several times and clicked update several times now.

May have to try my spare polisy or return to my ISY for the third time.

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk

Same issue, issued the manual PKG update command for PKG.  Processing normally now via IoP update

sudo pkg install -r udi pkg
[admin@polisy ~]$ sudo pkg install -r udi pkg
Updating udi repository catalogue...
udi repository is up to date.
All repositories are up to date.
New version of pkg detected; it needs to be installed first.
The following 1 package(s) will be affected (of 0 checked):

Installed packages to be UPGRADED:
        pkg: 1.18.4 -> 1.19.0 [udi]

Number of packages to be upgraded: 1

8 MiB to be downloaded.

Proceed with this action? [y/N]: y

Once issued pkg is updated and can update polisy from within IoP

sudo  tail -f /var/udx/logs/log

[1/2] Fetching ca_root_nss-3.86.pkg: .......... done
[2/2] Fetching udx-3.3.2_5.pkg: .......... done
Checking integrity... done (0 conflicting)
[1/2] Upgrading ca_root_nss from 3.85 to 3.86...
[1/2] Extracting ca_root_nss-3.86: .......... done
[2/2] Upgrading udx from 3.3.2_4 to 3.3.2_5...
removing mdns configuration file
[2/2] Extracting udx-3.3.2_5: .......... done
executing from /usr/local/etc/udx.d/static
Starting uninstall
Once udx is fully uninstalled, isy service stops
mosquitto not running? (check /var/run/mosquitto.pid).
ud_net_detect not running? (check /var/udx//dudnd.pid).
stopping udx @ 1284
Thu Dec 15 09:35:49 MST 2022|/usr/local/etc/udx.d/static/udx_startup.sh: using hardware tpm
Thu Dec 15 09:35:49 MST 2022|/usr/local/etc/udx.d/static/udx_startup.sh: starting udx v3.3.2_5 ...
Thu Dec 15 09:35:49 MST 2022|/usr/local/etc/udx.d/static/udx_startup.sh: verifying signature ...
Thu Dec 15 09:35:49 MST 2022|/usr/local/etc/udx.d/static/udx_startup.sh: udx v3.3.2_5 signature verified!
Thu Dec 15 09:35:49 MST 2022|/usr/local/etc/udx.d/static/udx_startup.sh: ipv6 all OK
Thu Dec 15 09:35:50 MST 2022|/usr/local/etc/udx.d/static/udx_startup.sh: FreeBSD.conf is AOK ...

• Like 4

Asking for a friend.. he is on an earlier version of 5.xx, and does NOT have the Matter  board installed in his Polisy with zoozs dongle attached. If he upgrades his versions, will it jump all the way to 5.5 or will it only go to 5.4?

I was planning on upgrading him to 5.4, but am worried that if I upgrade him, he will go to 5.5 and suffer this initial transition issues, which I want to avoid as he is a newbie to this world.

thanks

2 hours ago, BillBinAz said:

Same issue, issued the manual PKG update command for PKG.  Processing normally now via IoP update

[admin@polisy ~]$ sudo pkg install -r udi pkg
Updating udi repository catalogue...
udi repository is up to date.
All repositories are up to date.
New version of pkg detected; it needs to be installed first.
The following 1 package(s) will be affected (of 0 checked):

Installed packages to be UPGRADED:
        pkg: 1.18.4 -> 1.19.0 [udi]

Number of packages to be upgraded: 1

8 MiB to be downloaded.

Proceed with this action? [y/N]: y

Once issued pkg is updated and can update polisy from within IoP

sudo  tail -f /var/udx/logs/log

[1/2] Fetching ca_root_nss-3.86.pkg: .......... done
[2/2] Fetching udx-3.3.2_5.pkg: .......... done
Checking integrity... done (0 conflicting)
[1/2] Upgrading ca_root_nss from 3.85 to 3.86...
[1/2] Extracting ca_root_nss-3.86: .......... done
[2/2] Upgrading udx from 3.3.2_4 to 3.3.2_5...
removing mdns configuration file
[2/2] Extracting udx-3.3.2_5: .......... done
executing from /usr/local/etc/udx.d/static
Starting uninstall
Once udx is fully uninstalled, isy service stops
mosquitto not running? (check /var/run/mosquitto.pid).
ud_net_detect not running? (check /var/udx//dudnd.pid).
stopping udx @ 1284
Thu Dec 15 09:35:49 MST 2022|/usr/local/etc/udx.d/static/udx_startup.sh: using hardware tpm
Thu Dec 15 09:35:49 MST 2022|/usr/local/etc/udx.d/static/udx_startup.sh: starting udx v3.3.2_5 ...
Thu Dec 15 09:35:49 MST 2022|/usr/local/etc/udx.d/static/udx_startup.sh: verifying signature ...
Thu Dec 15 09:35:49 MST 2022|/usr/local/etc/udx.d/static/udx_startup.sh: udx v3.3.2_5 signature verified!
Thu Dec 15 09:35:49 MST 2022|/usr/local/etc/udx.d/static/udx_startup.sh: ipv6 all OK
Thu Dec 15 09:35:50 MST 2022|/usr/local/etc/udx.d/static/udx_startup.sh: FreeBSD.conf is AOK ...

Seems to be the winner for me! The pkg utility version was the snag. Despite all the rrors the system threw at me it seemed to upgrade it and made all the other upgrades possible.

After that, I reset udx and isy,  and then ISY booted properly, finally.

sudo service udx stop
sudo service udx start
sudo service isy restart

I remembered some of the last ticket help with @Michel Kohanim how udx controlled the UUID assignment (mine was coming up 00.00.00.00.00.01) and the outdated pkg utility was prevented it from installing the newer packages.

Thanks all!

/Panic off

I have the same problem as a few others (specifically mbking) .  I attempt an upgrade,  UI closes, and it seems to start the upgrade, but never does anything.  Do you want us to manually update at that point, wait for the next build, or open a ticket?

UPDATE:  I used the sudo pkg install -r udi pkg cmd, then restarted everything then did the update via update button.  Now everything is on 5.5.

Edited by smileyw
  • Like 2
14 hours ago, smileyw said:

UPDATE:  I used the sudo pkg install -r udi pkg cmd, then restarted everything then did the update via update button.  Now everything is on 5.5.

At the risk of 'me too' - this worked for me. After a couple of hours of no progress, no beeps and no automation I had to update the pkg package manually before using the admin console to update the rest.

• Like 3
14 hours ago, Michel Kohanim said:

Hello all,

We found the issue with Z-Wave. The chip is going to bridge mode and thus all the issues. It's already fixed and we are testing. We should have another release by no later than tomorrow.

With kind regards,
Michel

Fantastic! Not being a chip firmware issue is huge! 

Sounds like it was a 'fun' detective job..

• Like 1
6 hours ago, MWareman said:

Fantastic! Not being a chip firmware issue is huge! 

Sounds like it was a 'fun' detective job..

I interpreted this as they found the bug with ZWave not working correctly in recent 5.5.0 where included devices would not show etc., not the ZWave migration issue regarding firmware bug.

3 minutes ago, Michel Kohanim said:

Hello all,

Again, sincere apologies for all the issues. I am very happy to report that we got everything fixed and tested/retested many times. So, please go ahead with Admin Console | Configuration tab | Update Packages.

If you run into pkg issues, please do submit a ticket.

With kind regards,
Michel

Assume that the zwave migration issues though have NOT been solved? 

22 minutes ago, Bumbershoot said:

Looks like it's working here as well, so indeed, thanks for the hard work with getting this update out.

Curious though, an Aeotec Range Extender 7 doesn't produce a node in the device tree - not that I care as long as it works.

@Bumbershoot, I'm not seeing my Aeotec Range Extender 7 either.  It did appear to add it, but it's not in the tree.  This time is asked me for the key.  But I tried to add a dimmer, and Polisy never sees it.  Did the IoX version number change after the update.  Mine still says 5.5.0?

2 minutes ago, mbking said:

@Bumbershoot, I'm not seeing my Aeotec Range Extender 7 either.  It did appear to add it, but it's not in the tree.  This time is asked me for the key.  But I tried to add a dimmer, and Polisy never sees it.  Did the IoX version number change after the update.  Mine still says 5.5.0?

My version and date stayed the same in the About menu.  I've added a couple of switches/dimmers from different suppliers, and it's worked.  I also cold booted my Polisy before adding any other devices.  The last device was probably 40' away from the Polisy, but I moved the Range Extender into that room.

2 minutes ago, Bumbershoot said:

My version and date stayed the same in the About menu.  I've added a couple of switches/dimmers from different suppliers, and it's worked.  I also cold booted my Polisy before adding any other devices.  The last device was probably 40' away from the Polisy, but I moved the Range Extender into that room.

@Bumbershoot, Thanks for the quick reply.  Good to know I have the right version.  I rebooted Polisy as well just after resetting the Z-Wave dongle for good measure.  Adding the extender seemed to work fine, but it never sees the dimmer.  I'll move the extender to its proper location and then try to add the dimmer where it will be.

1 hour ago, Michel Kohanim said:

Hello all,

Again, sincere apologies for all the issues. I am very happy to report that we got everything fixed and tested/retested many times. So, please go ahead with Admin Console | Configuration tab | Update Packages.

If you run into pkg issues, please do submit a ticket.

With kind regards,
Michel

Can we install the 5.5.0 upgrade but continue to use the ZooZ USB stick with existing z-wave network and then run migration later when it's fixed?

My Polisy is Insteon only. Should this upgrade still work for it?

I have done the "Launch the Admin Console, go to the Configuration tab, click on Update Packages. Warning, this might take a while depending on how current your OS is.."  twice already with wait times of some 15 min in between, but no beeps or changes in the version number.