Support thread for: IoX v.5.5.0

@Chris Jahn, No no Java errors. I also cleared Java cache and ISY About claims both my Firmware and UI are IoX v.5.5.2 ( 2022-12-29-14:36:09). 

I included the debug.log with my ticket

For me, I opened the AC and clicked to upgrade.

During the upgrade, I received a popup stating that the UI and Firmware were different (5.5.1 vs 5.5.2) . I clicked Yes to upgrade the firmware but this didn't work, I still could not enter via the normal AC.

I went back to the loader and entered via the cloud AC. Once there I clicked to upgrade packages again.

I then cleared Java cache and got back in via the normal AC.

Now, my system is in constant "Initializing System" mode. 

I tried to be careful and forced a reboot via shutdown -r now and then a full power-cycle after a shutdown now. No Joy

Finally, I tried a restoring a previous v5.5.0 backup. Again, No Joy

I think the above is pretty close to exact.

Edited by gviliunas
4 minutes ago, Chris Jahn said:

I assume you upgraded to 5.5.2, and then what exactly did you do after that?

Me and @gviliunas were stuck in the initializing system loop so I let that run for at least 2 100% rounds then I did a shutdown through SSH but it just started with the loop again.

After that I have tried reinstalling ISY pkg and restoring a backup with no luck.

@Chris JahnHere is my Java Console as the AS starts and runs. 

It is interesting that in the Z-Wave Backup Options section (below), it says ZMatter Connected = false

This is strange, it was connected and working with v5.5.0 just prior to the upgrade. Maybe this is only related to backup

Java Web Start 11.351.2.10
Using JRE version 1.8.0_351-b10 Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM
JRE expiration date: 2/18/23 12:00 AM
console.user.home = C:\Users\gviliunas
----------------------------------------------------
😄   clear console window
f:   finalize objects on finalization queue
g:   garbage collect
h:   display this help message
m:   print memory usage
o:   trigger logging
p:   reload proxy configuration
q:   hide console
r:   reload policy configuration
s:   dump system and deployment properties
t:   dump thread list
v:   dump thread stack
0-5: set trace level to <n>
----------------------------------------------------
https://192.168.1.72:8443/WEB/iox.jar
https://192.168.1.72:8443/WEB/ce.jar
https://192.168.1.72:8443/WEB/chart.jar
Z-Wave event: control=[_25] action=[7.1]

-- Extended Info --

<eventInfo>
    <options>
        <files ZMATTER="true"/>
        <dongle ZMATTER="false" ZWAVEOTHER="false"/>
    </options>
</eventInfo>

--

Z-Wave Backup Options:
 - zmatterFile=  true
 - 500SeriesFile=false
 - zmatter connected=false
 - other connected=false

Edited by gviliunas
35 minutes ago, Chris Jahn said:

Hi Brian,

For the ISY node supporting Hail, can you please right+click on it and select Z-Wave | Synchronize | Update

Hail should work after that.

I tried that and did not resolve. I even included another switch to the network and doesn't work either. I see no hail events in event viewer on level 3

4 minutes ago, brians said:

I tried that and did not resolve. I even included another switch to the network and doesn't work either. I see no hail events in event viewer on level 3

Can you please right+click on it and select Z-Wave |  Z-Wave X-Ray then select Device/Channel Database Object and DM me the results

47 minutes ago, kowaj said:

My Polisy is not responding after doing the update.  I waited over an hour after doing the update and now I can not see it on my network anymore. 

Did you do the patch to the update script before running the Update?

I don't know why UDI keeps letting users fall into this trap and hasn't fixed it for future update paople. It is a cloud based update.

I went into configuration tab and did update packages.  It seems to be bricked now.  Looking at the Polisy the light the first light on the left is light.  When started it goes from all 3 to quickly just the far left showing on.  

Edited by kowaj
17 minutes ago, kowaj said:

I went into configuration tab and did update packages.  It seems to be bricked now.  Looking at the Polisy the light the first light on the left is light.  When started it goes from all 3 to quickly just the far left showing on.  

This is similar to what I experienced; when I contacted UD through the ticket system, @Michel Kohanim gave me a link to the .img file to do an m2SATA flash via a USB <-> m2SATA converter I already had. Booted up like a charm after that.

I upgraded both Polisy and eisy to 5.5.2. So far everything works fine.

Note that on my Polisy (with large number of devices and programs) it took a while before everything showed up the first time. Specifically, initially the Zwave dongle did not show up but after a minute or so the Zwave synch ran in the background. The second time, everything showed up fast & furious :-) .

• Like 1
59 minutes ago, asbril said:

I upgraded both Polisy and eisy to 5.5.2. So far everything works fine.

Hi @asbril,

Pardon the basic question here: when you say you upgraded both Polisy and eISY, does that mean your Z-Wave devices communicate with both at the same time?

Or did you migrate from Polisy to eISY?

When you migrate from Polisy/ISY/Z-Wave 500 to eISY/Zmatter do any changes happen to the Z-Wave devices? i.e. if for some reason the migration isn't successful, can i revert to Polisy combo as a fully functional system? Or is that a one-way ticket?

cheers.

6 minutes ago, TriLife said:

Hi @asbril,

Pardon the basic question here: when you say you upgraded both Polisy and eISY, does that mean your Z-Wave devices communicate with both at the same time?

Or did you migrate from Polisy to eISY?

When you migrate from Polisy/ISY/Z-Wave 500 to eISY/Zmatter do any changes happen to the Z-Wave devices? i.e. if for some reason the migration isn't successful, can i revert to Polisy combo as a fully functional system? Or is that a one-way ticket?

cheers.

I have some 80 Zwave devices on my Polisy and just 1 (right now) on eisy. They all seem to work fine after  the upgrade to 5.5.2 .

I did NOT migrate yet.

It took some time to synchronize after the update but so far no problems that I have noted.

Just successfully upgraded to 5.5.2 from 5.5.0. I have the z-Matter module (not USB) plugged in Polisy and the z-wave ZooZ USB stick installed.

When I start the z-wave migration I get a popup dialog stating that I need the Z-Matter Z-Wave dongle + Beta installed. That's a very confusing statement. I have a Z-Wave dongle and the Z-Matter Z-Wave/ZigBee module installed. No idea what +Beta is. Am I okay to proceed?

image.jpeg.6418847b064a1e2cf7708c9031da8727.jpeg

Just upgraded from 5.5.0 to 5.5.2. All went well

I have polisy with Zmatter board installed. I manually added my 12 Zwave devices to Zmatter when using 5.5.0; so, I did not do a migration.

Under 5.5.2 I still do not see nodes for my 2 Zwave repeaters

Humidity is not shown for the mulisensor 6 but I see this has been identified as a bug. Also I noticed that after doing a Zwave Synchronize New with interview that the UV item for the multisensor 6 vanished leaving just 3 items (temp, lum, bat)

Gary

17 hours ago, TriLife said:

I wish all sensors defaulted to °C! 🤪

@TriLife- Seems like parameter is #64 on the Aeotech multisensor 6 (undocumented - found on another site).  And while the value is set to "2" for F when queried, I was playing around a bit, and changed to "1" for a bit, and then back to "2", and its now working in Fahrenheit.   Go figure.

Make sure the sensor is awake, mine is USB powered for now, so i was able to play around.

Steve

Edited by SteveT
3 minutes ago, Techman said:

@GTench

Humidity is there, it's showing up in a separate node called weather sensor, not in the window where it should be.

After doing a Synchronize, I still have UV displayed in the main window

OK thanks, I see it under 5.5.2 but did not see it under 5.5.0. The syc problem was under 5.5.0; so, the UV was not there when I did the move to 5.5.2. I did try to Synchronize New with interview under 5.5.2 but the UV did not show up

Tried updating to 5.5.2 with no results - Clicked Update Packages, YES and console closes immediately.  Current version is 5.4.5.  Did anyone else experience this?  Java is current.

Edited by teuhl
Added more info.
50 minutes ago, SteveT said:

@TriLife- Seems like parameter is #64 on the Aeotech multisensor 6 (undocumented - found on another site).  And while the value is set to "2" for F when queried, I was playing around a bit, and changed to "1" for a bit, and then back to "2", and its now working in Fahrenheit.   Go figure.

Make sure the sensor is awake, mine is USB powered for now, so i was able to play around.

Steve

Thanks Steve. Yes, i have all my multisensors configured that way. It's in their full manual.

My comment was more directed at some of other weather devices like Davis Instruments. Temperature is their business. You'd think they would have it figured out.

• Thanks 1
8 minutes ago, teuhl said:

Tried updating to 5.5.2 with no results - Clicked Update Packages, YES and console closes immediately.  Current version is 5.4.5.  Did anyone else experience this?  Java is current.

The AC does close. You have to give it some time and listen for the beeps. Mine took several minutes when going from 5.5.0 to 5.5.2. Probably take much longer going from 5.4.5.

23 minutes ago, teuhl said:

23 minutes ago, teuhl said:

Did you clear your Java cache and reinstall the ISY Launcher before you reopened the AC?

Edited by dbuss
3 hours ago, asbril said:

I have some 80 Zwave devices on my Polisy and just 1 (right now) on eisy. They all seem to work fine after  the upgrade to 5.5.2 .

I did NOT migrate yet.

It took some time to synchronize after the update but so far no problems that I have noted.

As of now, the 1 Zwave plug-in device in eisy 5.5.2 either is slow or not reacting at all. When restarting iox in the AC, it works again initially and then not again.

Just to offer another data point: I just upgraded via AC from v.5.5.0 to v.5.5.2.  It only took a few minutes until my Polisy Pro was back online. All seem to have gone well.  Note: I have a fairly simple setup with Insteon devices only, no Zwave or alike.

2 hours ago, vbphil said:

Just successfully upgraded to 5.5.2 from 5.5.0. I have the z-Matter module (not USB) plugged in Polisy and the z-wave ZooZ USB stick installed.

When I start the z-wave migration I get a popup dialog stating that I need the Z-Matter Z-Wave dongle + Beta installed. That's a very confusing statement. I have a Z-Wave dongle and the Z-Matter Z-Wave/ZigBee module installed. No idea what +Beta is. Am I okay to proceed?

image.jpeg.6418847b064a1e2cf7708c9031da8727.jpeg

That is what is is called on their site, and what it was called when we all ordered. You are calling it a different name than what it actually is, probably because what it says on the board. Since thread/matter is based on Zigbee these boards have silk screened word "Zigbee" on them and probably eventually will change to "Matter" in a future run of boards, but that is just a word on the board, not the actual product name. The + is suffix of ZWave + and not a prefix for word Beta... which is a term meaning this is in Beta not a finished product ie. needs firmware upgrades etc. to enable all features. We received update to v5.5.0/v5.5.2 which enabled ZMatter ZWave+ feature and next year we will get another update that will enable Matter support.

image.png.8efb1b8dc7c4052f1a1cd82e1413e8dd.png