Support thread for: IoX v.5.5.0

I received email with Chris Jahn has posted a topic, IoX Release v5.5.1 Is Now Available

though I did not see that posting in the forum.

I am looking forward how others progress with migration.

I have read Chris' post several times, but (unless mistaken)  I did not see anything on migration from Polisy to eisy. The way I understood it is that it covers migration on Polisy from Zooz to ZMatter.

I don't think that I should restore a Polisy backup to eisy, or should I ?

I am asking these questions because others may have a better understanding and I am waiting to see clarity.

6 minutes ago, asbril said:

I received email with Chris Jahn has posted a topic, IoX Release v5.5.1 Is Now Available

though I did not see that posting in the forum.

I am looking forward how others progress with migration.

I have read Chris' post several times, but (unless mistaken)  I did not see anything on migration from Polisy to eisy. The way I understood it is that it covers migration on Polisy from Zooz to ZMatter.

I am asking these questions because others may have a better understanding and I am waiting to see clarity.

That post link is not valid, but we are on 5.5.2 just recently today, so maybe there was an issue with 5.5.1 and they are working on new announcement?

Edited by brians
2 minutes ago, brians said:

That post link is not valid, but we are on 5.5.2 just recently today, so maybe there was an issue with 5.5.1 and they are working on new announcement?

Most likely you are right.

I upgraded my eisy and I assume that the migration will override whatever I now have on eisy, which is  1 (Zwave) device.

Edited by asbril

Got an email about 5.5.1 being available (30 mins ago) - fixing the routing migration challenge. However, link goes to a forum post that does not exist anymore. Authored by @Chris Jahn

I upgraded in the admin console - I now have 5.5.2 (but no forum announcement about this one either).

The instructions say "Migrate to ZMatter Z-Wave" then "Do not unplug or install any Z-Wave boards / dongles until instructed to do so during migration".

Currently, my Zooz dongle is connected - and I'm running 5.5.2. My zmatter board is disconnected (since zwave did not work at all with it connected before). So - do I install zmatter again and reboot prior to clicking 'Move to ZMatter"? Or - will the post button-push process prompt me to shut down and install the board? The instructions are not clear.

Thank you!

Michael.

1 minute ago, MWareman said:

Got an email about 5.5.1 being available (30 mins ago) - fixing the routing migration challenge. However, link goes to a forum post that does not exist anymore. Authored by @Chris Jahn

I upgraded in the admin console - I now have 5.5.2 (but no forum announcement about this one either).

The instructions say "Migrate to ZMatter Z-Wave" then "Do not unplug or install any Z-Wave boards / dongles until instructed to do so during migration".

Currently, my Zooz dongle is connected - and I'm running 5.5.2. My zmatter board is disconnected (since zwave did not work at all with it connected before). So - do I install zmatter again and reboot prior to clicking 'Move to ZMatter"? Or - will the post button-push process prompt me to shut down and install the board? The instructions are not clear.

Thank you!

Michael.

As @brianspointed out, that post seems to have been deleted and further instructions should come. I am like you and did not understand the procedure. I think that the team is working over time to get this right and I am more than willing to patient, as eager as I am.

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, asbril said:

I don't know how else you'd do it.  That's the way it's always been done, and given that Polisy and eisy are running the same OS, it probably is a much easier migration than it was from ISY994 to Polisy.  As long as you don't move your Zooz dongle to the eisy, I can't imagine that anything would happen.  The ZMatter board doesn't know anything about the devices you have installed on your Zooz dongle on your Polisy.

Also, you can always factory reset your eisy if you need to. 

3 minutes ago, asbril said:

As @brianspointed out, that post seems to have been deleted and further instructions should come. I am like you and did not understand the procedure. I think that the team is working over time to get this right and I am more than willing to patient, as eager as I am.

My eISY is in Auburn, CA, my ZMatter housing in transit to there, and my Polisy with ISY on PG2 (and I) are in Medellín... It'll be the second week of January before eISY shows up here... "Forced patience"... And an opportunity for the major bugs to be worked out. Not touching anything until then! Fortunately my wine cellar still opens with Google Assistant!

Y'all have a great holiday season and a próspero año nuevo!

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, TriLife said:

My eISY is in Auburn, CA, my ZMatter housing in transit to there, and my Polisy with ISY on PG2 (and I) are in Medellín... It'll be the second week of January before eISY shows up here... "Forced patience"... And an opportunity for the major bugs to be worked out. Not touching anything until then! Fortunately my wine cellar still opens with Google Assistant!

Y'all have a great holiday season and a próspero año nuevo!

igualmente y que lo pases rico con tu vinito :-) 

12 minutes ago, asbril said:

I'm with you - extremely keen to get switched over and start messing with Matter. However - a migration is a must for me. I'll await the more detailed instructions.. :)

3 minutes ago, MWareman said:

I'm with you - extremely keen to get switched over and start messing with Matter. However - a migration is a must for me. I'll await the more detailed instructions.. :)

I have some 80 Zwave devices and a quite a few Kasa and LifX devices, so for me as well migration is a must.

• Like 1

Oooops  Maybe it would have been better to wait for official announcement....I didn't need to migrate and my ZMatter already had most Z-Wave devices configured.

I tried upgrading from 5.5.0 to 5.5.2 via the Admin Console. Now I'm stuck in an "Initializing System" loop with the Event Viewer stopped at Refreshing views.

5.5.2 Maybe not ready yet.jpg

17 minutes ago, gviliunas said:

Oooops  Maybe it would have been better to wait for official announcement....I didn't need to migrate and my ZMatter already had most Z-Wave devices configured.

I tried upgrading from 5.5.0 to 5.5.2 via the Admin Console. Now I'm stuck in an "Initializing System" loop with the Event Viewer stopped at Refreshing views.

Well you are not the only one! I tried to do a restore and it doesn't work.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, gviliunas said:

Thanks @tazmanIn addition to a restore, I also tried a reboot via shutdown -r now and also a full power cycle after a shutdown now. No Joy.

I was so close to being done I had 2 node servers that had issues and 5 more Z-Wave devices to add. I don't know if a factory reset would even work.

Ha...I need a beer to cry in also. All my NS were working well. I just had a few nonessential Z-Wave devices that weren't including properly.

I don't want to try a factory reset just yet having rebuilt my 43 z-wave devices 5 times now. Hopefully this will be an easy fix tomorrow for the UDI-Team.

Now, how to I get all these lights turned off for the night??? 

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, MWareman said:

Thank you!

Michael.

Yes, a bit of a glitch in the Matrix! ... or fumble fingers, take your pick

We just posted build 5.5.2 which has Z-Wave network migration support and a few other fixes.

For migration, don't install or remove any of your Z-Wave boards / dongles until instructed to during migration.

For example, if you are currently using Zooz, one of the migration steps is to read some info from it so the Z-Wave network  can be restored onto the Z-Wave Matter board (in a later step).

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, brians said:

My upgrade from v5.5.0 to v5.5.2 went fine, was already on ZMatter so no migration. I don't notice anything different. The ZWave hail is still not working for me on my Leviton switches.

Hi Brian,

For the ISY node supporting Hail, can you please right+click on it and select Z-Wave | Synchronize | Update

Hail should work after that.

1 hour ago, gviliunas said:

Do you see any errors in the Java console?