Leak Sensors Rev 2.6 stuck in "wet" mode

peg1104
Go to solution Solved by peg1104,

I have four of the Insteon leak sensors 2852-222, all revision 2.6, that are stuck in "wet" mode (as if a leak has been detected).  I've tried doing factory resets, replacing the battery, and cleaning the contacts, but nothing seems to clear up the problem. 

It is strange that all four are exhibiting the exact same issue... is there a known issue with the 2.6 revision?  I have four other leak sensors that are at 2.0 and they all work great.

Thanks!

• Solution

Figured out the issue, and replying to my own post with hopes it may help someone else in the future. 

It appears with the 2.6 firmware, once the leak sensor goes into "wet" mode, it will stay there until it is reset by pulling the battery.   

This is different than the behavior exhibited by the 2.0 firmware leak sensors, which will toggle out of "wet" mode once removed from the moisture.  

• Thanks 1
Figured out the issue, and replying to my own post with hopes it may help someone else in the future. 
It appears with the 2.6 firmware, once the leak sensor goes into "wet" mode, it will stay there until it is reset by pulling the battery.   
This is different than the behavior exhibited by the 2.0 firmware leak sensors, which will toggle out of "wet" mode once removed from the moisture.  
Most just need to have their link button tapped once the sensing pads have been dried off.

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1