Installed new ssd running into issues

trevorst

Installed the new ssd with latest update on Polisy.  Have it running and can connect to Polisy but have the following issues.

Issue 1.

Polisy states it finds the ISY but can not connect ISY and Password needs to be set in settings (see screen cap 1). I have set the password for ISY in Polyglot multiple times and save (screen cap2 ), but does not hold, when I log back in the same thing repeats and the pwd is blank again (screen cap3). 

Issue  2.

In the instructions I read that the ssh pwd should be reset, I have no idea what this is nor where to find it

Issue 3.

Not sure if this is an Issue or not but the start window states that the IoX Finder is not found (screen cap4)

Hope you have some ideas, changing things is always fun.

isy Pwd.JPG

InkedPwd Set.jpg

InkedPwd not set.jpg

iox not found.JPG

Edited by trevorst
1 hour ago, trevorst said:

Polisy states it finds the ISY but can not connect ISY and Password needs to be set in settings (see screen cap 1)

As @bgrubb1 states this should be port 8080. See the wiki Polisy User Guide for setup help. Also, just use HTTP and NOT HTTPS. 

https://wiki.universal-devices.com/index.php?title=Polisy:User_Guide#ISYs

I have set the password for ISY in Polyglot multiple times and save (screen cap2 ), but does not hold, when I log back in the same thing repeats and the pwd is blank again (screen cap3). 

This is normal. It shouldn't display the password. Once it's set/stored then it's kept in PG3 system and will connect to the ISY without issue. On the web dashboard for PG3 if you click "ISYs" you should have an active ISY with a checkmark next to it if it's communicating correctly. You can also review the PG3 log files to be sure there are no authentication issues with the ISY. 

In the instructions I read that the ssh pwd should be reset, I have no idea what this is nor where to find it

If you're logging into SSH then yes, you should probably change that. If you're not using SSH then don't sweat it for the time being. But the steps are:

Just type:   passwd

Polisy SSH ChangePass.jpg

Not sure if this is an Issue or not but the start window states that the IoX Finder is not found (screen cap4)

Strange...are you local or remote/different VLAN from your Polisy? I usually only see that when trying to connect remote because it isn't finding any ISY/Polisy/eisy on the local LAN. If you're able to connect using the IPs you have shown then don't worry about that. It's usually just a UI anomaly, but usually appears if logging in remotely. 

If you're able to access admin console (and you included that in the screenshot) then certainly not an issue. If you're unable to actually get into admin console then there are other issues that need to be addressed.

23 minutes ago, trevorst said:

The port was set by the system I did not touch that?

You appear to be correct that when you "add new ISY" it does seem to default to port 80. I think that might have been remaining from when it was being used to point to standalone ISY994 that might have been on port 80. But the Polisy User Guide clearly shows setting the port to 8080 (in the image). And I guess the eyeball there is whatever system being used to capture that image. I do not see that on Chrome when I attempt to add a new ISY. 

Add ISY.png

26 minutes ago, trevorst said:

I will change per your instructions and update  here

Please do! Good luck.

@trevorst based on your initial screen shot above (I didn't look at it closely before so didn't notice this), you're accessing the Polisy via PG2. Make sure that you've got it up to date and you should be going into PG3 (http://polisy:3000/ or http://polisy.ip.address:3000 (replace the crossed out part with your actual IP)). 

ISY on Polisy should be running by default if you've got a current version of operating system running. 

Have you ever connected to the Polisy via SSH? If so, connect and run:  sudo uname -a

The OS should be 13.1

Mine shows:

FreeBSD polisy 13.1-RELEASE-p5 FreeBSD 13.1-RELEASE-p5 releng/13.1-n250174-753d65a19a55 POLISY amd64

Check this section of the wiki if IoX Launcher doesn't automatically find the ISY on Polisy (IoP) process:

https://wiki.universal-devices.com/index.php?title=Polisy:User_Guide#Can't_Find_Polisy

Once you get into admin console for IoP the next time you need to update the Polisy you just need to go to Admin Console -> Configuration Tab -> Update Packages

@Geddy

Thanks so much for your help.

Logs in to pg3 just fine (see screen cap 1) one issue with it is the login is default and I don’t see anywhere to change it.

another issue it tells me polisy is not registered with portal ( see screen cap 2)

When I get all this working will I be able to do away with my ISY?

Trevor

BED8469C-8B1D-47F1-9D6C-B5172A2D5006.jpeg

9E02B265-8F1F-4631-B32F-17CE45528D80.jpeg

@trevorst Glad you got logged into PG3. On the Polisy it's really hidden to change the password <grin>

Click on "System" then "Account Management" 

Enter admin for user name

create password

It should log you out, bounce back to portal login then back to PG3 login window. 

another issue it tells me polisy is not registered with portal ( see screen cap 2)

seems like you need to read the wiki for the Polisy from top to bottom. It takes you through all the install and setup steps. 

Once you read through the wiki let us know if you have more questions. 

When I get all this working will I be able to do away with my ISY?

That's the plan. Looks like you've setup the ISY994 in PG3 since your screen cap shows ISY Firmware 5.3.4 (which was one for ISY994). If you're using the local host IoP then you should be 5.5.0 (or above) as long as you've run "upgrade packages" from the admin console on IoP. 

@GeddyThanks, got it up and running last night the Zmatter board is recognized (after a couple of iterations). Loaded my ISY94 backup. and all worked except for every Zwave device was only loaded as place holders. As I am completely Zwave now I need to make a decision, wait for a migration path or start unlinking from ISY and link to Polisy.

One thought I had is why can’t we setup the Polisy as a primary controller and leave ISY as secondary until Polisy is fully functional. May not be possible but it is just a thought.

Thanks Geddy for all your help getting to this point.

4 hours ago, trevorst said:

I need to make a decision, wait for a migration path or start unlinking from ISY and link to Polisy.

I haven't used z-wave with the ISY994, but I thought the most recent upgrade included a path for migration to Polisy+ZMatter. Read the release here:

Or maybe more specifically here are directions that @Chris Jahn posted recently too that should help:

4 hours ago, trevorst said:

One thought I had is why can’t we setup the Polisy as a primary controller and leave ISY as secondary until Polisy is fully functional. May not be possible but it is just a thought.

It's certainly possible to keep the ISY994 running (primary controller though...not sure why you think it is secondary) and push information from the Polisy Node Servers to the ISY994. It's just the intention was to have the Polisy (and now eisy) completely replace the ISY994 as the Polisy/eisy have more processing power and allow one device to do it all now. But I see no problems running my ISY994 and pushing node server info to it from the Polisy. (But I'm soon going to migrate everything to the eisy.)

The Polisy is "fully functional". Has been for quite a while (IMO). I think it was just there was no true "migration" path for Z-wave until recently. Insteon migration had already been achieved on the Polisy and Node Servers are in strong development for the Polisy. 

There really should only be one hub controlling things. I wouldn't try to have some devices on ISY994 and others on IoP/ZMatter. If you've got ZMatter installed in the Polisy and it's working then following the steps above should get you migrated and everything to the Polisy. 

• Like 1

@GeddyThanks once again, had searched for ISY-944 to ZMatter migration and found nothing, my wording must have been wrong. 

I followed @Chris Jahn method and got it to work with s few caveats. The ISY loaded but again the Zwave devices showed up as placeholders, looked around at the Zwave options and noticed X-ray, tried it and all devices showed not interviewed. In the  Zwave menu-Synchronize there is an option to sync with Interview, tried it and all devices eventually appeared and work. (Did notice a difference in how scenes are working, need to follow up on that.)

The other issue is turning of the ISY-994, as soon as I do the Polisy can not be found by Iox launcher, strange thing is it still says it finds the 994?  So to make the original restore I had to launch the admin console then unplug the 994. Once completed the stuff above I had to plug the 994 back in to get the launcher to find the polisy isy again. Strange. Then disconnect it again. I did try clearing cache between each iteration. Oh well the 944 is disconnected now and system is running, I am going to shutdown the admin console for the night and see what happens tomorrow.

Edited by trevorst