Support thread: IoX 5.5.5 Release

Chris Jahn

2 hours ago, Mecheng70 said:

Upgraded to 5.5.5.  almost all of my zwave devices are not communicating with the eisy.  

edit: in some cases, the devices are taking over 60 seconds to react. 

I completed the migration yesterday on v5.5.5. While I only have a handful of Zwave devices, they were not communicating either. I had to go to each device, right click on the device and select: Zwave-Synchronize-Update with Interview. 

I did this with event viewer at level 3 and watched the activity. Afterwards, all Zwave devices were fine.

PS: Also, make sure Zwave is still checked in Configuration Tab, just in case the upgrade turned it off.

Edited by DennisC
Added PS

On a Polisy 5.5.4 to 5.5.5 upgrade I encountered one very minor issue that was easily resolved.

Programs that changed Insteon scene settings I had to click on each program and do an update followed by a save. I did not change any parameters, simply a click and update to refresh the values.

I do not know if this is isolated to my Polisy or if others might encounter this so I wanted to share with the community.

2023-02-04_13-08-08.png

Edited by kzboray

Starting to get things up and running.  Here is what I did:

Power cycled each device and then updated with interview.  Had one device that just didn't want to cooperate so that one was readded and it now functioning. 

Battery devices (the reason I updated) are going to have to wait until tomorrow. 

On 2/3/2023 at 3:01 PM, asbril said:

image.png.40283ff9d4595aa9088c8e20a14f6736.png

I excluded and then included again  one of my Zen 34 but I see no difference. I still don't see  any Scene nodes, which I used (before migration) to program this as a virtual 3-way.

Is there anything I can do with these 3 nodes ?

The "interview" never completes with the Zen 34.

ISY-Events-Log.v5.5.5__Fri 2023.02.03 03.04.06 PM.txt 8.58 kB · 0 downloads

@Chris Jahn Is Zen 34 supposed to work with 5.5.5 ?  With Scene nodes ?

11 hours ago, asbril said:

I had this not being able to write with a few of mine. One resolved after “a while” the others might have but I did sync with man’s without replace they made it through the gauntlet. Interesting is the one which resolved itself also completed interview. I actually went backwards in this update for my “completed interview” score but all my z-wave are working pretty fast. Just not all features yet. Thanks @Chris Jahnkeep slogging, bit by bit we are getting there!

59 minutes ago, sjenkins said:

I had this not being able to write with a few of mine. One resolved after “a while” the others might have but I did sync with man’s without replace they made it through the gauntlet. Interesting is the one which resolved itself also completed interview. I actually went backwards in this update for my “completed interview” score but all my z-wave are working pretty fast. Just not all features yet. Thanks @Chris Jahnkeep slogging, bit by bit we are getting there!

Does this mean your zen34 are working now in 5.5.5? I was thinking of buying one but nobody has been successful yet. 

Edited by brians
4 minutes ago, brians said:

Does this mean your zen34 are working now in 5.5.5? I was thinking of buying one but nobody has been successful yet. 

Thanks @brians I have no problem being patient knowing, as @sjenkins writes, that Chris has a full plate. Like you I just want to know if anyone has been able to make the Zen 34 work. They did before migration and it was very useful as a virtual 3-way. I was under the impression that the latest upgrade had fixed the issue but apparently not.

Upgraded to 5.5.5 and then migrated to a ZMatter USB on my Polisy yesterday; almost everything went perfect except a CoControl WA00Z-1 (Battery powered 2 button ZWave wall switch) no longer will control a scene that just simply turned off/on a string of lights.  The switch was the only one that took a few iterations or the "Update with Interview" to become active.  To me it appears in the event viewer that it send both the on and off commands (ST100 & ST0) when either button is pressed.  I've deleted it and re-added it back into the system but now it just has a new number but still won't operate the lights.  Still playing with it but can't seem to get it to work.  

Also discovered that my Insteon dimmer switches won't turn on lights in the UI (Java and Mobile) or Programs with the "ON" command; I had to change programs to use the "FAST ON" command.  The physical switches still work fine.

Any advise or clues  to resolve would be appreciated.  Thanks!

36 minutes ago, Mecheng70 said:

To add to this, eisy has rebooted on its own several times during the night.  

You might have something else going on, I haven't experienced any unknown cause rebooting on eisy.

Maybe check the plugs, sockets, and maybe even swap power supplies. It might benefit you to rule out some of these eisy things.

On 2/1/2023 at 8:53 PM, brians said:

Ok I figured out that the Admin Console Cloud doesn't work and LAN connection works... must have selected differently by coincidence here... I confirm it works on Win 11 with LAN connection now.

PG3 still not working.

Maybe will try Zen17 seem if they actually fixed now.

Edit: I set parameter 2 and 3 to 10, did an update with interview, and even a replace with interview and I do not see separate sensor and relay nodes like there was before on Zooz 500 series dongle :( I did not exclude/include but the interview process should have done same and Zooz even says can do this eg. this is for a garage door, but parameter 2 and 3 values 4 and above should create extra sensor nodes.

@brians P2, P3 = 11, not 10?  

I got a ZEN17 to experiment with for my DI/DO project and am experiencing the strangest thing.  After configuring parameters 2 and 3 to 10, excluding and adding the device back in, and even then powerfailing it, it brings in 4 nodes beneath the primary node, .1 through .4 .  .1 commands R1, .2 is the status for S1, .3 does nothing, and .4 is the status for S2.  One would think that .3 would command R2.  But interesting enough, if you issue a command to .2 it commands R2.  Essentially the .2 node reports the status of S1 and commands R2.  I’ve excluded and added the device a couple times to no avail.  While P2 and P3 persist through the exclude and add process, P10 and P11 don’t and I have to set them after the inclusion/add.  Here are the parameters (queried) that I feel are applicable: P2=10, P3=10, P10=0, P11=0 .  Any idea what’s going on here?  Am I missing something?

16 minutes ago, GJ Software Products said:

I got a ZEN17 to experiment with for my DI/DO project and am experiencing the strangest thing.  After configuring parameters 2 and 3 to 10, excluding and adding the device back in, and even then powerfailing it, it brings in 4 nodes beneath the primary node, .1 through .4 .  .1 commands R1, .2 is the status for S1, .3 does nothing, and .4 is the status for S2.  One would think that .3 would command R2.  But interesting enough, if you issue a command to .2 it commands R2.  Essentially the .2 node reports the status of S1 and commands R2.  I’ve excluded and added the device a couple times to no avail.  While P2 and P3 persist through the exclude and add process, P10 and P11 don’t and I have to set them after the inclusion/add.  Here are the parameters (queried) that I feel are applicable: P2=10, P3=10, P10=0, P11=0 .  Any idea what’s going on here?  Am I missing something?

@brians @Chris JahnI just excluded, did a factory reset on the ZEN17, brought it back in and that did not help either.  node#.2 still commands R2 and shows the status for S1, and node#.3 does nothing.

18 hours ago, asbril said:

Yes, you can use the Zen 34 in scenes and in programs.  You should see DON / DOF in the event viewer when you press the buttons.  If you do not, make sure to write the changes, which I can see doesn't happen automatically on wake up right now.  If it doesn't send DON / DOF and there are no pending writes, then select Z-Wave | Rewrite All Device Links

1) In Wake Up node, turn "Keep Awake" On

2) Wake up Zen 34 (press upper paddle 7 times)

3) right+click node, Write changes

4) In Wake Up node, turn "Keep Awake" off

Keep in mind, the devices Zen 34 can control in scenes must have been included with the same security level you included Zen 34

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
24 minutes ago, Steve L said:

I can't get the ZEN34 to show its status nor anything regarding scenes. I do see basic control on and off messages in the event viewer, and I can trigger programs on that, but this is much less than I got with the ISY994.

Make sure you are using the Zen34 "Basic Control" node as the scene controller, address ends in _251 (e.g. ZY010_251)

4 hours ago, GJ Software Products said:

Ok that is further than I got, I did not get the extra nodes.

P2, P3 = 11 is for momentary garage door to isolate the inputs from outputs

P2, P3 = 10 is dry contact sensor.

Anything for P2, P3 4 and above should bring extra nodes re: instructions.

P10 and P11 do not persist through an exclude/include only P2, P3 do.

I have excluded/included about half dozen times... even updated firmware to 1.20, factory reset and no luck so far seeing any of these extra nodes.

When I do an update with interview on it, I get some javascript error and  ISY reboots.

Here is nodes I had... I only have .1 and .2 binary switch. There should be two sensors. Please show me  screenshot of yours.

image.png.05942fcf3a9ebf5ee4962a5260fe2d61.png

Now success... :):) :) 

I had to include as S2 with PIN and then all these appear now...

@Chris JahnCan you clarify if S2 is required for this or did I just get lucky one time including?

image.png.2702ba50b6603ac1270be48db1accfbf.png

Setting parameter 10,11 to 0 isolates and I tested by turning switch 1 and switch 2 on manually using AC and does not affect binary sensors... and shorting the sensor inputs with a wire turn on/off the binary sensors, without affecting the switches/relays state. Works perfect now.

image.png.d36e0fa7314298450925ef1a9e4bdc83.png

Edited by brians
3 hours ago, Chris Jahn said:

Yes, you can use the Zen 34 in scenes and in programs.  You should see DON / DOF in the event viewer when you press the buttons.  If you do not, make sure to write the changes, which I can see doesn't happen automatically on wake up right now.  If it doesn't send DON / DOF and there are no pending writes, then select Z-Wave | Rewrite All Device Links

1) In Wake Up node, turn "Keep Awake" On

2) Wake up Zen 34 (press upper paddle 7 times)

3) right+click node, Write changes

4) In Wake Up node, turn "Keep Awake" off

Keep in mind, the devices Zen 34 can control in scenes must have been included with the same security level you included Zen 34

Thanks so much @Chris Jahn for these step-by-step instructions. I have 2 ZEN 34's and now got one working on ON and sometimes on OFF. This may be an issue of  'update neighbors' which I will do later or tomorrow. It worked well on Polisy with SCENE 1 being ON and SCENE 2 being OFF. Hopefully I'll get the same reliability with eisy/ZMatter.

46 minutes ago, brians said:

Ok that is further than I got, I did not get the extra nodes.

P2, P3 = 11 is for momentary garage door to isolate the inputs from outputs

P2, P3 = 10 is dry contact sensor.

Anything for P2, P3 4 and above should bring extra nodes re: instructions.

P10 and P11 do not persist through an exclude/include only P2, P3 do.

Can you confirm how you included, using S2, S2 Authenticated, or S0 (none selected).

I have excluded/included about half dozen times... even updated firmware to 1.20, factory reset and no luck so far seeing any of these extra nodes.

When I do an update with interview on it, I get some javascript error and  ISY reboots.

Here is nodes I have... I only have .1 and .2 binary switch. There should be two sensors. Please show me  screenshot of yours.

image.png.05942fcf3a9ebf5ee4962a5260fe2d61.png

@briansIf I recall correctly @Chris Jahnsaid they had discovered a bug in re-including S2 devices so on my last attempt I left none selected.  Your experience is interesting, as as soon as I set P2, P3 to 10, exclude, re-include I get 4 "sub nodes" nodes.  I just got the freaky gig R1 & S2 on node 2 and S3 does nothing.  Update with Interview on mine don't blow up but it didn't add the nodes either, I had to exclude include to get the 4 nodes to show up.  Interesting, we're both ad address 45!  <lol>  I added those S1, R1 suffixes to help me keep track of what did what.

image.png.5b05036b043bd4712ff8b87d8d5a82f3.png

6 minutes ago, GJ Software Products said:

@briansIf I recall correctly @Chris Jahnsaid they had discovered a bug in re-including S2 devices so on my last attempt I left none selected.  Your experience is interesting, as as soon as I set P2, P3 to 10, exclude, re-include I get 4 "sub nodes" nodes.  I just got the freaky gig R1 & S2 on node 2 and S3 does nothing.  Update with Interview on mine don't blow up but it didn't add the nodes either, I had to exclude include to get the 4 nodes to show up.  Interesting, we're both ad address 45!  <lol>  I added those S1, R1 suffixes to help me keep track of what did what.

image.png.5b05036b043bd4712ff8b87d8d5a82f3.png

I am scared to exclude it now LOL thinking it may not come back.... gonna try though now and see...

EDIT... exclude/include worked. Just have to set param10/11 to 0 to isolate inputs from relays which is normal by design. So in my case definitely needs S2 which is strange, I normally unselect all because it is easier!

Edited by brians
45 minutes ago, GJ Software Products said:

@briansDoes your .3 node do anything?  I'm at:

Integer  DATA devices.45.data.applicationMajor = 1 (0x00000001)
Integer  DATA devices.45.data.applicationMinor = 3 (0x00000003)

And afraid to upgrade...

I don't have a .3 node... go back and look at my screenshots above.

1 hour ago, brians said:

I don't have a .3 node... go back and look at my screenshots above.

@briansI upgraded the firmware to 1.20:

Integer  DATA devices.47.data.applicationMajor = 1 (0x00000001)
Integer  DATA devices.47.data.applicationMinor = 20 (0x00000014)

And I now have:

image.png.757f630aebd3084af2654a2c07699d74.png

and it now is working.  I gave it the good 'ol diode with sound test on my Fluke for the DOs and the paperclip test for the DIs and it's behaving like it should.  Looks like it's flash to 1.20, include, set parameters 2 and 3, exclude, include, set parameters 10 and 11 to 0, and wah-lah!  It works!  :)

8 hours ago, TRI0N said:

. . . 

Even though the HUE says it's connected you can't query anything in UDAC at this time too. It wasn't a problem after fixing the HUE but don't know if it stopped being able to query at the exact time that Kasa bugged out but noticed it when the Kasa server was no longer connected.

TRI0N

Per our posts in the Hue section, the Hue node server with eisy IoX 5.5.5 quits after every restart. Even though Hue says it's connected, it doesn't work. You have to delete and set up again.