Yolink NS reverts to old version after briefly displaying the new version number

bwade913
Go to solution Solved by bpwwer,

I have updated the Yolink NS twice since I first installed, and both times it has displayed the new version on startup for several seconds, then displayed the old version. Today I upgraded to ver 8.41 and it reverted back to 8.2. If I delete the NS and reinstall, I get the new version, so that's my solution. I don't know much about NS updates, but aren't they supposed to happen automatically with a restart?

Edited by bwade913
25 minutes ago, Panda88 said:

I think if you do not start the AC - you can just delete in PG3 and reinstall in same slot - unless you move stuff around after installing, it should show up as it was before - It has worked for me this way

Yes, but you will need to set up the configuration of the node server. I usually keep a reference copy of the configuration for each node server. If I need to delete and reinstall, all I need to do is copy and paste the configuration data.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, bwade913 said:

n the case where auto-updating fails, is there a way to force the update without having to delete/reinstall the PM? There’s a fair amount of work involved with reinstall.

@bwade913 if you go to "Purchases" you should have the option to (Re)Install from that page. It should handle the upgrade. 

Possible that one or two older node servers might not work properly based on some other comments around the forums. 

I think @bpwwer would be better able to answer, but thinking that just the "reinstall" on the "Purchases" page should get you what you need without having to uninstall and reinstall. 

However, if you do uninstall a node server I would suggest having admin console closed during the process and not running admin console again until you have the node server reinstalled and configured so it doesn't mess up the nodes and programs in admin console. Again, this is based on how things worked in the past...not sure if as critical or applicable now, but just a method to try to avoid additional work by not having the admin console open when changing/adding/updating node servers.

• Thanks 1

For some node servers, auto-update and re-install fail on PG3x.   The effected node servers are those that use the 'git' method of distribution.

With the current version of PG3x, the only way to get them to update is to remove and then install.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1