Support Thread: 5.0.16C (ISY994)

Athlon

50 minutes ago, lilyoyo1 said:

Then don't respond. I quoted what you said when I left my original comment.  UDI clearly states to check things after upgrading. 

I never mentioned UDI...  Critical thinking is clearly not your strength.  You try to be critical but it reflects poorly on you when you're just plain wrong.  

6 minutes ago, TrojanHorse said:

@hart2hart was nice enough to put together a comprehensive list that notes some of the common gotchas and how to avoid/resolve them.  I'm suggesting that this issue with thermostats should be included.  

It's funny, I go back and look at this thread and see the lil' guy being a complete RichardKnob there as well.  

You do realize childish antics such as your name calling doesn't bother me right? I won't stoop to your level but there's a whole lot that can be said of your title. 

At the end of the day, you're a grown man. Common sense says check critical programs regardless of situation. 

Edited by lilyoyo1
  • Like 1
5 hours ago, lilyoyo1 said:

You do realize childish antics such as your name calling doesn't bother me right? I won't stoop to your level but there's a whole lot that can be said of your title. 

At the end of the day, you're a grown man. Common sense says check critical programs regardless of situation. 

Ha!  This has nothing to do with titles / screen names.  Just telling you what you are.  

I did check my programs, and checked them again now that the conditions can be reasonably tested (temperatures).  

Anyway, let's stop this, it's hard enough to sort through info here without unhelpful posts.  I'll see you in the coffee shop if you want to continue.  

• Like 1

@ lilyoyo1

Device is added and when for exsample #1 button is pushed event viewer lists:

Tue 10/22/2019 02:18:04 PM : [ZWAVE-RX ZW018_1] [2B/01] Scene Activation Set scene=0x03 rr=0xFF ACK,AUTO,EXPLORE From=0x12

In “Programs” the device is listed in “If” but only lists the battery level and device status: response yes/no but will not actually trigger anything whatever I might specify in “Then”

I think the device is not supported by isy and I have been waiting and hoping for almost a year…

9 minutes ago, CandC said:

@ lilyoyo1

Tue 10/22/2019 02:18:04 PM : [ZWAVE-RX ZW018_1] [2B/01] Scene Activation Set scene=0x03 rr=0xFF ACK,AUTO,EXPLORE From=0x12

In “Programs” the device is listed in “If” but only lists the battery level and device status: response yes/no but will not actually trigger anything whatever I might specify in “Then”

I think the device is not supported by isy and I have been waiting and hoping for almost a year…

A node for each button should be created.  Were they?  Each button uses the scene controller command class and has options for how many times it was pressed or pressed and held.  Or at least it should.  The Button from Fibaro includes and works and it uses the same scene controller command class so I would think the key fob controller "should" work. 

I've noticed with battery devices they don't always create all of the nodes during inclusion and sometimes it takes a z-wave synchronize to create all of the nodes and some button presses.

9 hours ago, CandC said:

@ lilyoyo1

Did you try to change the parameters on it? Lately it seems like aeotec devices haven't been shipping "ready to work" out of the box. 

Try changing parameter 250 to size 1 and value 1

19 minutes ago, CandC said:

@ simplextech 

no buttons are created even though the event viewer will lists the distinct button pushes accurately

Capture.thumb.JPG.d71b8d9d5aae11fe3650845569aab842.JPG

@ liliyoyo1

won't make a difference: I do not believe the device is supported in isy

It may not be supported if no buttons are created. I was looking at the full manual and it says by default it is its own controller. The parameters I told you about are to be used when trying to use it with another controller. 

• Like 1
On 10/16/2019 at 3:08 PM, oh2bnMaine said:

I have now updated two ISYs (1 regular, 1 pro). The one with the broken PLM still has a broken PLM (I was holding out hope that the issue would go away!). I'll do more testing at the end of the month when I'm at that house. The one that has a functioning PLM seems to have taken the update (from 5.0.14) well enough. 

But, I think I may have found a bug...

If my notification does not have body text the SMS is not received. Normally, the message comes through as Subject / Body. There's no separate line, just two things smashed together. So, if the Body is empty, I never receive the message. Please let me know if you want me to do more testing.

I installed the replacement PLM this morning. It took me a couple of attempts at getting it online and working. I never seem to get through the "restore PLM" instructions correct the first time. I had to do a factory reset on the PLM, then it warned me about being in safe mode, but when I rebooted the ISY things started working again. Unfortunately, some switches are still not online (they work fine, but don't register in the ISY interface). I'll start working on those over the next week to see if I can get them to work.  Some of the switches are brand new and still don't register. 

Anyway, now I have 5.0.16-RC1 working on two ISYs with no upgrade-related issues.

Updated one of my systems (ISY 994 PRO) from 5.0.15A to 5.0.16

Upgrade went smoothly as I've come to expect with UDI firmware upgrades.  

Schlage BE469 needed to be synchronized, and threw some communication errors in the Admin Console, even though the Event Monitor showed it was communicating.  I manually unlocked/locked the lock (inside knob) and all is now well.

• Like 1

Upgraded from .12 to .16 and it has not gone well. The admin console is having problems connecting, and when it does its very slow, but it never gets fully connected as it give the "Maximum Subscribers Reached" message. Rebooting the ISY helps briefly but ultimately the connection is lost. Thoughts?

39 minutes ago, mjcumming said:

Upgraded from .12 to .16 and it has not gone well. The admin console is having problems connecting, and when it does its very slow, but it never gets fully connected as it give the "Maximum Subscribers Reached" message. Rebooting the ISY helps briefly but ultimately the connection is lost. Thoughts?

Are on a PC or a MAC?  Are you running the latest version of Java?  Are your ISY firmware and UI versions both 5.0.16?

In the tools menu, under debug, there's an option to debug your subscriptions. 

Windows 10, Java 8 updated to latest release. Firmware .16 and admin console .16. I see the option to debug subscriptions - where is the output?

Getting all sorts of errors ie "Socket Open Failed" "XML Parse Error" 

I essentially cannot connect to the device. Tried several different PC's. Rebooted everything. Replaced the SD card in the ISY. 

ISY Finder locates the device, launches the Admin console. But now, I cannot even logon due to Socket Open Failed - Timeout messages.

Edited by mjcumming
8 minutes ago, Michel Kohanim said:

Yes, using the launcher do get to the ISY. Have tried both the HTTP and HTTPS options. HTTPS gets as far as trying to subscribe and then runs into Maximum Subscribers Reached error. HTTP often cannot even connect.

@mjcumming, are you sure you are using the right UI?

https://wiki.universal-devices.com/index.php?title=Main_Page#Installing_the_Admin_Console_Icon_on_Your_Desktop 

With kind regards,
Michel