Support Thread: 5.0.16C (ISY994)

Athlon

2 hours ago, sdynak said:

I would prefer to not have to start from scratch for the Schlage Z-Wave lock. Are there options at this point to bring things back or do I just have to add it again and fix/rebuild my lock programs? 

I wouldn't downgrade.  I had problems with my Schlage BE 469 deadbolt as well.  A couple of things you can try: delete it from your ISY (not Exclude) and try a "Z-Wave | Tools | Synchronize Nodes" and see if it comes back with it's proper functionality. 

I eventually had to perform an "Exclude | Include" on the lock to get it to work properly, but I was able to do that with the lock still in place, and that's due to my having the 500 series Z-Wave board installed in my ISY.  I'm not sure if everyone can get this result, as the signal might need Z-Wave + devices all the way to your lock for this to work, I don't know.  It worked for me, however.

After updating from v4.7.3 to v5.0.16A, my email/text messages that use the ${alert.event} variable changed from showing OFF / ON in the messages to showing 0 / 255.  This is for 2634-222 On/Off Outdoor Module device.  Is this the way Switched On / Switched Off now reports?  If it is, is there a way to convert 0 / 255 to OFF / ON in the messages?  I believe On/Off modules (which this device is) previously reported ON and OFF using this variable, not 0 and 255 (maybe DIM capable modules report 0-255?), so maybe the differentiation between some ON/OFF and DIMMABLE devices is not occurring properly?

Edited by ters

Also related to the Water Leak Sensor ping issue in v5.0.16A, my perpetually running programs for these devices are not restarting after the Wait expires because of the v5.0.16A ping issue.  The programs Wait 25 hours, Send 2 notifications, then Run the same program (if), however the programs are not being restarted by the Run statement as it did in v4.7.3 (I’m only sending daily messages on ping failures).  I wouldn’t think the ping issue would be affecting the Run action.

On ‎10‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 10:47 AM, Richraine said:

Please help with upgrade to 5016.

I upgraded as directed.   Everything went well.  I began to check admin console, everything good.  Then changed my password from admin.  When I signed off and signed back in the console would not respond to the new password... how can I either go back to 4.xx.xx or resent the password.

Thanks in advance

Did you try using both the user name and password as admin (lowercase)?

13 minutes ago, ters said:

Also related to the Water Leak Sensor ping issue in v5.0.16A, my perpetually running programs for these devices are not restarting after the Wait expires because of the v5.0.16A ping issue.  The programs Wait 25 hours, Send 2 notifications, then Run the same program (if), however the programs are not being restarted by the Run statement as it did in v4.7.3 (I’m only sending daily messages on ping failures).  I wouldn’t think the ping issue would be affecting the Run action.

There is an issue in 5.0.16A with the leak sensors not being recognized by the ISY. This will be corrected with release of 5.0.16B which is due out this week.

3 hours ago, Mecheng70 said:

Hi Chris,

Does this address the slow reaction to the drop downs for zwave devices in the programs (then and else)? 

I'm not aware of that problem.  We did have an issue with slow responses for the right+click popup menu for Z-Wave nodes, but that was fixed in 5.0.16A.

If drop downs in programs are slow then it may be a Java memory issue, have you tried this:

Java runtime memory (when Admin Console is very slow to respond)

-      If the admin console is slow to respond, it is likely you need to increase the amount of memory allocated to the Java runtime (JRE).

-      Open the Java Control Panel, select Java tab, press View button, then add or modify the Runtime Parameter -Xmx to the following:

o   -Xmx512m

-      Press Ok to close the window, then Press Apply to save the changes

18 minutes ago, Chris Jahn said:

I'm not aware of that problem.  We did have an issue with slow responses for the right+click popup menu for Z-Wave nodes, but that was fixed in 5.0.15A.

If drop downs in programs are slow then it may be a Java memory issue, have you tried this:

Java runtime memory (when Admin Console is very slow to respond)

-      If the admin console is slow to respond, it is likely you need to increase the amount of memory allocated to the Java runtime (JRE).

-      Open the Java Control Panel, select Java tab, press View button, then add or modify the Runtime Parameter -Xmx to the following:

o   -Xmx512m

-      Press Ok to close the window, then Press Apply to save the changes

I believe that I have this set correctly.  Will confirm tonight.  I will try to record a quick video to show this if the memory allocation doesn't resolve it.

1 hour ago, Mecheng70 said:

Hi Chris,

Does this address the slow reaction to the drop downs for zwave devices in the programs (then and else)? 

Not sure about the slowness in programs but 5.0.16A did fix the slowness of a right-click on a z-wave device from the main screen.  Hoping it's still fixed in this release.

Seems good here also so far on B.. just came from A but was having one last issue with my Z-Wave Schlage Connect not updating a status after a while so some of my programs are not running right at times. Did not have that before going to 5.0.16A from 4.7.3. 

I just tried to set the option to not automatically put battery devices back to sleep. Hoping that helps. 

Seems my leak sensor activation, notices and Dome water valve all shut off during a test so that is good now. 

Keep up the great work UDI!!

Edited by sdynak
Typo as usual :)

Minor UI issue I'm seeing in 5.0.16, and 5.0.16B.  This may have first occurred in 5.0.15, but the UI seemed to remember manual placement in 5.0.15 IIRC.

The default screen for programs has the dividing line between program sequence and action area much higher than it was in earlier 5.0.x or 4.x.x versions.

Here's the default layout attached  I need to manually pull the dividing line down to actually see the content of my programs or find the line to edit.  Additionally, the location I move the dividing line to is not saved, so next time I use the Programs UI, I must manually adjust the line again.

Like I said, not a huge deal, as it does not affect functionality.  However it is an annoyance.

image.thumb.png.91def10d107757ac6799f2ef42395011.png

image.png.16114be4d3c3c12b4a27ffa82b40ac82.png

4 hours ago, sdynak said:

Seems good here also so far on B.. just came from A but was having one last issue with my Z-Wave Schlage Connect not updating a status after a while so some of my programs are not running right at times. Did not have that before going to 5.0.16A from 4.7.3. 

I just tried to set the option to not automatically put battery devices back to sleep. Hoping that helps. 

Seems my leak sensor activation, notices and Dome water valve all shut off during a test so that is good now. 

Keep up the great work UDI!!

I am also seeing a failure to properly keep status of Schlage BE469 in 5.0.16.  When the status stops updating, a query in the UI also does not update status. You can see communication with the device in the Event Viewer, but the UI doesn't update. You also get intermittent "can not communicate" errors for the Schlage BE569 device, then the icon in the device list will change from ! to normal after a few seconds. 

Interestingly, the other system I have has a Schlage FE599 and a BE369, and these are not having any issue with keeping UI status updated in 5.0.16.

This was not an issue in 5.0.15 and 5.0.15A versions.  I just moved to 5.0.16B and will see if that helps.

I second the kudos for all the progress on 5.0!

Edited by Craigb
clarity
On 12/17/2019 at 8:31 AM, ters said:

The run actions are now working properly using v5.0.16B.  Thanks.

20 minutes ago, 66splitbus said:

I had the issue with .15A and losing my leak sensors. I updated to .15B and my leak sensors are back but they do not show any status, same thing with my motion sensors. Only Status, the rest are blank. I noticed this with .15A as well.

You may have to wait more than 24 hours for a heartbeat to come in from you leak sensors before any status data shows.  All mine now show status values of Wet = Off, Dry = On, Heartbeat = On, whereas nothing appeared in the status values under 5.0.16A.

As for the Motion Sensor II's, if they're battery powered you'll either have to activate the "Set" button and query them, or have a program query them immediately upon sensing motion for the data fields to populate.  If they're on USB power, they should be awake and populating periodically.  Example program to query a battery powered MS II below.

MSIIQueryLaundry - [ID 008D][Parent 00DF]

If
        'Devices / dirLaundry / Laundry Room Motion Sensor.1 ' is switched On

Then
        Set 'Devices / dirLaundry / Laundry Room Motion Sensor.1 ' Query

Else
   - No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

The firmware 10.0.16B is reporting inconsistent version numbers.

On my.isy.io - it reports 5.0.16 (ALL 3 are 5.0.16B):

image.png.987c4fe53d0caba8af5c56e45b285b44.png

ISY Finder (via start.jnlp) reports 5.0.16B for all 3:

image.png.d07ceb62ef60204468e0bd8ed4596ecb.png

And if I retrieve http://isy.domain.com/admin.jnlp and use that - the 5.0.16 admin console is run (this is with a fully cleared Java cache):

image.png.832e15ea1c11745e634588dd9d63331c.png

ISY Finder cannot launch the admin console (this is under Iced Tea on Ubuntu):

https://isy.universal-devices.com/994i/5.0.16B/insteon.jar
https://isy.universal-devices.com/994i/5.0.16B/ce.jar
https://isy.universal-devices.com/994i/5.0.16B/chart.jar
https://isy.universal-devices.com/994i/5.0.16B/fp.jar
https://isy.universal-devices.com/994i/5.0.16B/RXTX.jar
java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
        at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
        at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
        at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
        at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:566)
        at com.universaldevices.isyfinder.ISYUILoader.launch(Unknown Source)
        at com.universaldevices.isyfinder.ISYFinder.launch(Unknown Source)
        at com.universaldevices.isyfinder.ISYFinder.access$7(Unknown Source)
        at com.universaldevices.isyfinder.ISYFinder$8.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
        at java.desktop/javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(AbstractButton.java:1967)
        at java.desktop/javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(AbstractButton.java:2308)
        at java.desktop/javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(DefaultButtonModel.java:405)
        at java.desktop/javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(DefaultButtonModel.java:262)
        at java.desktop/javax.swing.AbstractButton.doClick(AbstractButton.java:369)
        at java.desktop/javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicMenuItemUI.doClick(BasicMenuItemUI.java:1020)
        at java.desktop/javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicMenuItemUI$Handler.mouseReleased(BasicMenuItemUI.java:1064)
        at java.desktop/java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Component.java:6632)
        at java.desktop/javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(JComponent.java:3342)
        at java.desktop/java.awt.Component.processEvent(Component.java:6397)
        at java.desktop/java.awt.Container.processEvent(Container.java:2263)
        at java.desktop/java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Component.java:5008)
        at java.desktop/java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2321)
        at java.desktop/java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java:4840)
        at java.desktop/java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Container.java:4918)
        at java.desktop/java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Container.java:4547)
        at java.desktop/java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Container.java:4488)
        at java.desktop/java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2307)
        at java.desktop/java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Window.java:2772)
        at java.desktop/java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java:4840)
        at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(EventQueue.java:772)
        at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(EventQueue.java:721)
        at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(EventQueue.java:715)
        at java.base/java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
        at java.base/java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:85)
        at java.base/java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:95)
        at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue$5.run(EventQueue.java:745)
        at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue$5.run(EventQueue.java:743)
        at java.base/java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
        at java.base/java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:85)
        at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:742)
        at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:203)
        at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:124)
        at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:113)
        at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:109)
        at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:101)
        at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:90)
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalAccessError: failed to access class com.universaldevices.ui.UPnPClientApplet$27 from class com.universaldevices.ui.UPnPClientApplet (com.universaldevices.ui.UPnPClientApplet$27 is in unnamed module of loader net.sourceforge.jnlp.runtime.JNLPClassLoader @31687759; com.universaldevices.ui.UPnPClientApplet is in unnamed module of loader java.net.URLClassLoader @73a7280)
        at com.universaldevices.ui.UPnPClientApplet.main(Unknown Source)
        at com.universaldevices.ui.UPnPClientApplet.main(Unknown Source)
        at com.universaldevices.client.ui.UDClientApplet.main(Unknown Source)
        ... 45 more

If I download https://isy.universal-devices.com/994i/5.0.16B/admin.jnlp locally - and run that I get a the old ISY Finder that does not populate (expected). I hit 'add' and type http://isy3.domain.com and the USL and UUID populate:

image.png.1514ed880078730f5524639c5b18976e.png

Double-clicking this launches the admin console - and I (finally) get the 5.0.16B admin UI:

image.png.bfeb15b26652bb67aec3e572f64a1b1e.png

Main 3 questions.

1) Is start.jnlp launching for others (I assume so - and this is likely an Iced Tea / Ubuntu issue)...

2) If you clear your java cache - and launch the admin UI from http://isy.ip/admin.jnlp (replace isy.ip with your ISY IP address) - does it launch the correct version of the admin UI?

3) Does the 5.0.16B firmware contain the wrong admin.jnlp (5.0.16) on it's image? Personally - I *always* pull the admin.jnlp from the ISY itself to avoid the cloud dependency - and this is the very first time I'm getting a different version of the admin UI from /admin.jnlp than is running on the ISY itself...

Michael.

Edited by MWareman
On 12/20/2019 at 10:32 AM, Michel Kohanim said:

@MWareman,

Missing schedules based on device states (leak sensors) or just time based schedules?

With kind regards,
Michel

Sorry - just saw this.

The schedules were time based. Things like '1 hour before sunrise' would stop working - and I'd have to reboot ISY. This was on 5.0.16 (not A or B).

I just ungraded all 3 to 5.0.16B and I'll report if I see the same thing or not.

• Like 1
On 12/19/2019 at 10:22 PM, Craigb said:

I am also seeing a failure to properly keep status of Schlage BE469 in 5.0.16.  When the status stops updating, a query in the UI also does not update status. You can see communication with the device in the Event Viewer, but the UI doesn't update.

I'm also having same or similar issue. I can send commands to my 2 BE469s, such as lock and unlock, and it works and shows correct status. But then status drifts off and Query command never works. This has happened in both, 5.0.16 and 5.0.16B.

• Like 1