Support Thread: 5.0.16C (ISY994)

Athlon

Possible Admin Console bug with 5.0.16B

If a Nodeserver sets a driver to a value and the value does not change the admin console will display a blank/empty box for the value.  A proper value is set and is visible from Polyglot for the driver.

Changing the nodeserver to "force" the update makes the values visible in the Admin Console.  This is affecting multiple NodeServers where they have an existing value set that may not change frequently and the Admin Console display's a blank/empty value in the GUI.

On 12/26/2019 at 1:31 PM, asbril said:

Many thanks Bumbershoot. Over the weekend I will try the exclude/include, but as you say when the device works, don't touch it. 

This being said lately I have had problems with including new devices, first an Inovelli switch and yesterday a GE Motion Sensor. I just tried again to include the motion sensor and get this in the event log :

Thu 12/26/2019 01:28:22 PM : Listening for Z-Wave devices to add to the network

Thu 12/26/2019 01:28:36 PM : Z-Wave device detected, retrieving info 2

Thu 12/26/2019 01:28:36 PM : Z-Wave device detected, retrieving info 3

Thu 12/26/2019 01:28:36 PM : Z-Wave device detected, retrieving info 5

Thu 12/26/2019 01:28:37 PM : Adding Z-Wave devices stopped

Thu 12/26/2019 01:28:38 PM : Device 96 of type 4.7.1 included into Z-Wave network

Thu 12/26/2019 01:28:38 PM : [ZWAVE-ADD-NODE] Cannot add primary node for 96.0

Thu 12/26/2019 01:28:38 PM : [ZWAVE-ADD-NODE] Device 96.0 not added

Thu 12/26/2019 01:28:38 PM : Add Node failed: Cannot create primary node for new device

I have seen the same pattern with the Inovelli switch, so I start to suspect that something needs to be tweaked in my ISY

Do you have PLM plugged in? I've seen that error when I've used PLM version of firmware but no PLM.

.14 --> .16B update = "Z Wave Dongle Not Responding"

Update seemed to go w/out issue before I noticed this.

I had 4.55 Z Wave FW I think before upgrading, so understood I didn't need to do anything as far as upgrading that prior to general ISY FW update.

There is an item below the "Z Wave Dongle Not Responding" for "Upgrade ZW Firmware" which I have not tried - looks like only option there is?

Tried a ISY reboot, same issue. Tried power-cycling (twice) and have same issue.

EDIT: Tried the "update firmware button" under the "Z Wave Dongle Not Responding", and it won't work because ISY can't communicate with the module in any way - can't reset it, can't initialize, etc... so it finally gives up. Seems updating the ISY FW killed the Z Wave board?

Help!!

Edited by telljcl
2 hours ago, telljcl said:

.14 --> .16B update = "Z Wave Dongle Not Responding"

Update seemed to go w/out issue before I noticed this.

I had 4.55 Z Wave FW I think before upgrading, so understood I didn't need to do anything as far as upgrading that prior to general ISY FW update.

There is an item below the "Z Wave Dongle Not Responding" for "Upgrade ZW Firmware" which I have not tried - looks like only option there is?

Tried a ISY reboot, same issue. Tried power-cycling (twice) and have same issue.

EDIT: Tried the "update firmware button" under the "Z Wave Dongle Not Responding", and it won't work because ISY can't communicate with the module in any way - can't reset it, can't initialize, etc... so it finally gives up. Seems updating the ISY FW killed the Z Wave board?

Help!!

I know it may seem like a stretch but did you try removing it and reinstalling it physically? Did you have a backup before this with .14 and try a restore to that? Maybe also try to do another manual update to .16B if nothing works. 

22 minutes ago, sdynak said:

I know it may seem like a stretch but did you try removing it and reinstalling it physically? Did you have a backup before this with .14 and try a restore to that? Maybe also try to do another manual update to .16B if nothing works. 

Thank you - great suggestions. 

I have already:

I opened the case and reseated the ZW board. Manually updated to 16B again. No change.

I haven't tried to restore the .14 backup (which I did make) so I guess I can give that a shot.

EDIT: Just gave that a shot - still the Z Wave module is dead...

Thanks

Edited by telljcl
1 hour ago, telljcl said:

Thank you - great suggestions. 

I have already:

I opened the case and reseated the ZW board. Manually updated to 16B again. No change.

I haven't tried to restore the .14 backup (which I did make) so I guess I can give that a shot.

EDIT: Just gave that a shot - still the Z Wave module is dead...

Thanks

Ugg.. maybe open a ticket and get down to the bottom of it. Hope it all gets cleared up soon.

16 minutes ago, sdynak said:

Ugg.. maybe open a ticket and get down to the bottom of it. Hope it all gets cleared up soon.

Thanks - ordered another ZW board. I have my old 300 series board but that likely would cause me to have to rebuild the ZW network etc... so I'm hoping a duplicate board to the one I have will go in and not require all that - I hope.

Apparently this one just decided to die in conjunction with the FW update (or maybe it went out within the day or 2 prior - I can't be certain that it went out at exactly the time I updated...)

1 hour ago, telljcl said:

Thanks - ordered another ZW board. I have my old 300 series board but that likely would cause me to have to rebuild the ZW network etc... so I'm hoping a duplicate board to the one I have will go in and not require all that - I hope.

Apparently this one just decided to die in conjunction with the FW update (or maybe it went out within the day or 2 prior - I can't be certain that it went out at exactly the time I updated...)

Wish you the best on getting this resolved. Still may be worth opening a ticket in case any special steps are needed to restore it like nothing happened. 

1 hour ago, lilyoyo1 said:

If you've backed up your board you can restore it to the 500 series

I didn't realize I had to back up the ZW board and also backup the ISY. I had assumed backing up the ISY also backed up my ZW config.

Fortunately for me my ZW network isn't very complex, and I really only have ZW for locks.

It all still shows up in my topography, it just doesn't work, so I can pretty much do it manually - only 4 or 5 locks and 4 or 5 repeaters so the locks work. A few programs to lock those doors under certain conditions also - that's about it.

18 minutes ago, telljcl said:

I didn't realize I had to back up the ZW board and also backup the ISY. I had assumed backing up the ISY also backed up my ZW config.

Fortunately for me my ZW network isn't very complex, and I really only have ZW for locks.

It all still shows up in my topography, it just doesn't work, so I can pretty much do it manually - only 4 or 5 locks and 4 or 5 repeaters so the locks work. A few programs to lock those doors under certain conditions also - that's about it.

The programs will still be there. You'll just need to add the devices to them. I would take a picture of your programs so that you know what goes where

Update since moving to 5.0.16B:

The communication between ISY and Schlage BE569 seems to be working better.   However, the Admin Console Device UI was not showing current status (lock was LOCKED, status was UNLOCKED User 1 from when I arrived home an hour previously).  I used the Query button (more than once) which caused communication with the lock, but did not update UI.  I then clicked on Options, and after two tries (System Busy message box - no content, just header), the UI updated, and the Options panel opened.

Event viewer snip:

image.thumb.png.2c43d0fbbb7c99bddd818f04e5c6f116.png

I know things are moving very fast including an unexpected office move and shipping out Polisys.

Any update from UDI on the issues reported with Schlage locks?

On ‎12‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 2:23 PM, dbwarner5 said:

Have been waiting for less trouble and finally updated last week from 4.7.3 to 5.16a.... followed hart2hart's check list below. Upgrade went flawlessly with exception of leak sensors. Just upgrades to 5.16b. Again no issues. Waiting 24 hours for heartbeat to know for sure. 

One additional tip / idea  to the list below:

- I have historically had issues with certain programs that should be disabled, becoming enabled due to power outages etc. and have always had a challenge going through my hundreds of programs to sort them out. 

-So a while ago, I adopted the nomenclature rule for my system where if a program is meant to be disabled, then I end the name of the program with LD for Leave Disabled. See below for an example

-This is a one time effort to rename, but it made it super easy during the upgrade to reset everything as it should be w/o the need to compare two lists as recommended by hart2hart 

Thanks.  I'll implement the LD naming convention.

19 hours ago, hart2hart said:

I know things are moving very fast including an unexpected office move and shipping out Polisys.

Any update from UDI on the issues reported with Schlage locks?

I'd imagine like you said things are busy and with the holidays it makes it even more challenging as this is time to spend with family & friends. I had another occurrence just today myself so hopefully it can be addressed soon after the new year.

Happy New Year and thanks to all for your support. Wishing nothing but the best to everyone. 

@Chris JahnI'm not sure if this is a 16B related issue or something else.  However I just noticed that one of my switches was missing.  Just gone, no longer in the ISY device list at all. 

No errors, warnings, nothing.  Switch was just gone.  I noticed this before with 3 devices with 5.0.15A as well but those were noticed immediately as it was 3 of my primary lights.  This one went unnoticed for a few weeks now as the light isn't in any program currently.

32 minutes ago, Michel Kohanim said:

@simplextech,

Do you see any of the following errors in your error log?

-110020 FLUSH FILE FAILED  
-110021 CLOSE FILE FAILED  
-110022 OPEN FILE FAILED  
-110023 FLUSH FILE SYSTEM FAILED

With kind regards,
Michel

I did not see anything today.  However I also don't know when this device vanished.  As it's a lesser used device I have no time period of knowing when it vanished.  It just wasn't there when I was specifically looking for it today.  No errors like those that I've seen.

On 10/11/2019 at 9:10 PM, gviliunas said:

Yes, another giant leap for UDI.

Upgraded from 5.0.15A - No problems experienced.

My windows sensors all appeared with new "Barrier" nodes. It is nice using open/close as states instead of on/off.

Everything in my system continues to work well.

Thanks for all the hard work in getting to RC1.

I have recently upgraded from 5.0.16 to 5.0.16b.  I am now getting false opens on some of my window sensors.  Happens on about have the sensors and happens about once a day.  All batteries are new and have been running without issues on previous versions.  Could the issue be related to the new "Barrier" nodes?  

31 minutes ago, Michel Kohanim said:

@simplextech,

Do you know if this happened during migration?

Adam,

This has been reported and we are looking into it.

With kind regards,

Michel

That's a part of the problem.  I don't know when it happened.  I've been on 5.0.16B since a day or so after release and I just noticed this missing devices yesterday.... so who knows when it vanished.