ISY994i, non of my modules are working

Harrisrc740

When I click "Locate Me" in the climate area, nothing happens, also if I click "find" after I enter the city, no choices appear.  Networking module appears to have stopped working also, I have programs set to turn on amplifiers after turning on power to specific TV's that use to work but stopped all of a sudden.  Even with going to network section of the console and testing a command, none of my previously programs are working.  Not sure if the mail portion is running from a specific module but it has stopped working also.

@Harrisrc740

As Dennis points out the climate module went away about 3 years ago.

If using the default server, Mail also won't work with older firmware versions.  A spam attack changed the way ISY994's connect to the mail server.

For the other problems have you tried simply rebooting the ISY?

Only two easily available parts fail on an ISY994... the microSD card (hope you have a backup) and the wall-wart power supply... but before we get to far... answer the version questions that Dennis asked....

• Like 1
45 minutes ago, DennisC said:

I believe the climate module was depreciated some time ago. Are you saying it was working until now?

We would need some additional information about your setup: firmware, UI version, installed modules, active portal subscription, ect.

Be aware, ISY is at end of life and support for it will be ending soon.

You might want to consider upgrading to eisy.

https://www.universal-devices.com/store/

Climate Module and mail was working up to about 2 years ago when I got hit with a power surge so I had to replace my ISY944i, after doing so I was never able to get the climate module or mail working again.  I assumed that was due to my ISY being beihind a firewall.   A few days ago I moved my ISY outside the firewall due to none of my modules working.  The networking module was working without issue to control a Russound whole house audio/video system, 2 Onkyo receivers and a Onkyo DVD player, that all stopped working a week or two ago. 

Does the eisy work with a weather module or networking module?  I was using the weather module to determine when and how long to run my sprinkler system, and the networking module to turn on and set the audio sytem according to a preset program

5 minutes ago, MrBill said:

@Harrisrc740

As Dennis points out the climate module went away about 3 years ago.

If using the default server, Mail also won't work with older firmware versions.  A spam attack changed the way ISY994's connect to the mail server.

For the other problems have you tried simply rebooting the ISY?

Only two easily available parts fail on an ISY994... the microSD card (hope you have a backup) and the wall-wart power supply... but before we get to far... answer the version questions that Dennis asked....

That clears up a few issues, and yes I have tried rebooting my ISY, currently it does not seem to be failing other than unable to communicate with my EZFlora Irrigation controller, which I think started about the same time the networking module stopped working

Robert

5 minutes ago, Harrisrc740 said:

That clears up a few issues, and yes I have tried rebooting my ISY, currently it does not seem to be failing other than unable to communicate with my EZFlora Irrigation controller, which I think started about the same time the networking module stopped working

Robert

1 minute ago, Harrisrc740 said:

Firmware is v.5.3.0 just downgraded yesterday from v.5.3.4

Why did you downgrade firmware?

Are you using the ISY Launcher to access your ISY?

The reason I am asking is because your firmware needs to match your UI version. Do they match? Check your About page for both, along with access to network module.

Did you clear your Java cache and and download the correct UI for 5.3.0?

14 minutes ago, Harrisrc740 said:

Does the eisy work with a weather module or networking module?  I was using the weather module to determine when and how long to run my sprinkler system, and the networking module to turn on and set the audio sytem according to a preset program

All of the modules are being retired in favor of node servers. Node servers for a lot of devices are being created by developers. There are several weather node servers available.

5 minutes ago, Harrisrc740 said:

Firmware is v.5.3.0 just downgraded yesterday from v.5.3.4

Why in the world would you downgrade from 5.3.4?   I'm not certain where the mailserver changes were made, but I'll bet that 5.3.0 is too old for the default mailserver to work....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, Harrisrc740 said:

I downgraded to v.5.3.0 while troubleshooting my issue after moving my ISY outside the firewall due to reading somewhere that v.5.3.0 was the current version, but I will go ahead and upgrade back to v.5.3.4

You are not answering all of our questions. It is hard to help you like that. After upgrading back to v5.3.4, clear your Java cache being sure to check all 3 boxes when you delete the files. Then download a new start.jnlp at: https://isy.universal-devices.com/start.jnlp

After it downloads, without unzipping, run the downloaded file and it will put the Launcher on your desktop.

Afterwards, if you still have an issue then look at the links I posted above. If they don't resolve things for you, then reply back with answers and we can try to help.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
19 minutes ago, Harrisrc740 said:

OK that is where I got v.5.3.0 as being the Official release and downgraded it

Official 5.3 Release. Requires manual intervention. Consult  https://forum.universal-devices.com/topic/30939-release-530-is-now-available/

Gosh the topic line of that post has been updated to add the word "Outdated" and then there is the Bold Red text at the top of the post....

image.png.ef18b5335c92355069ccf5f0b718c8ae.png

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Harrisrc740 said:

A few days ago I moved my ISY outside the firewall due to none of my modules working.  The networking module was working without issue to control a Russound whole house audio/video system, 2 Onkyo receivers and a Onkyo DVD player, that all stopped working a week or two ago.

Not sure what you actually mean when you say that you moved your ISY outside the firewall, but a firewall is designed to keep things that are outside from communicating with things that are inside.  So if your ISY is outside the firewall, and your Russound and Onkyo devices are inside the firewall, the ISY is not going to be able to talk to them, even with the Network module, unless you specifically open the necessary ports in the firewall.

• Like 1