GeoFence program does not work

Fredo
Go to solution Solved by Geddy,

Hi Guys,

Newbe here.  I am using an ISY994 ver 5.3.3.  Below are a series of ISY994 programs for turning lights on based on GeoFence boundries.  These programs worked in the past but now the lights come on every night.  I am using MobiLinc GeoFence.  I have setup two variables in my ISY: 

iPhone_-_Fred_Home-100M /Init=1 /Value=1 
     X  /Init=1 /Value=1

Following are the three ISY programs:

GeoFence Away
        If $iPhone_-_Fred_Home-100M is 0
            And $X is 1
        Then $X=0
        Else No Actions

GeoFence Home
        If $iPhone_-_Fred_Home-100M is 1
            And $X is 0
        Then 
            Enable Program 'GeoFence Lights'
            Run Program 'GeoFence Lights' (If)
            Wait 10 seconds
            Disable Program 'Geofence Lights'
            $X =1
        Else No Actions

GeoFence Lights
        If  From Sunset
            To Sunrise (next day)
        Then
            Set 'Outdoors / OH Door Lights' On
            Wait 5 seconds
            Set 'MBR / Lamp - MBR Windows' On
            Wait 5 seconds
            Set 'Living Room / Lamp = Piecrust Table' On
        Else No Actions

The lights come on every night now.  Can anyone help me with what I am doing wrong?

• Solution

@Fredo Check the actual Geofence Location is still defined in "Location Settings" on Mobilinc. If it is then make sure the variable is still the same as you have indicated above.

I recently had a similar issue and either the location or the variable had been deleted from the app. I'm not sure if it was iOS related (I recently updated to 16.4.1) or something else, but I noticed some programs not triggering for a while. I'm running IoX on eisy, but it was clearly app related as something was missing.

I think I had to recreate the location and reset my variable. I then had to adjust my programs to reference the new variable. Since I'm on IoX I had some issues with Mobilinc making the variable through the ISY Portal connection, but I made a local connection and it worked right away. I since changed back to ISY Portal connection method and my geofence and programs trigger correctly. 

11 hours ago, Fredo said:

I am using an ISY994 ver 5.3.3

While not an issue for this situation you should consider updating the ISY994 to the last release of 5.3.4. There weren't many fixes from 5.3.3 to 5.3.4, but with support ending for the ISY994 you should at least be at the current Firmware so any forum support you get will be on the "most recent" build.

I echo @Javi and @DennisC comments of trying UD Mobile. You can use Geofence to call on programs to change the variable as you cross the boundary. There's a learning curve setting up the new app, but it is very customizable to fit the various needs of users. It's also being currently developed and supported by UDI, unlike Mobilinc (that hasn't been updated in several years). 

Hi Geddy, 

Thanks for the help so far.  If I open my MobiLinc HD app,  and goto settings>Location Settings>Locations and tap on "New Geofence", I can not turn on "Update State Variable" (see attachment).  If I turn that switch on, i get the error msg: "Communication Error.  Could not communicate with ISY.  Please try again".  If I go to any of the devices, I am able to turn on/off other devices.

Edited by Fredo
  • Like 1
35 minutes ago, Fredo said:

If I turn that switch on, i get the error msg: "Communication Error.  Could not communicate with ISY.  Please try again". 

@Fredo yeah, that was the same problem I was having if I used the ISY Portal to connect to the device. I'm not sure why that's happening since I'm able to make variables through admin console when I connect through the portal. It must be an app issue talking to the device. Since you're on ISY994 then it's something app/portal related. 

My workaround for that was to change to a local IP connection and it worked right away. Try that, make your variable. Make sure admin console is closed while you're trying to make the variable. You can confirm the variable was made once you get it set in Mobilinc. 

Once you have it set (and if you wanted to confirm it in Admin Console) then change the connection type back to ISY Portal (just using my.isy.io as the URL and your portal credentials to login). I assume that you're using ISY Portal...but you might be on Moblinc Connect (or whatever that portal equivalent is called...change back to whatever you were using for remote access previously).

Like I said, once I got the local connection it made the variable and has worked steadily since I made the new geofence area/variable. Hopefully it won't happen again, but if it does it just means I'll take a more serious look at UD Mobile and finally learn it a little more than I have. I just rarely ever open a mobile app to control my system that I've just stuck with what I had since it was setup the way I liked it.

• Like 1