Support thread for: PG3 v3.1.20 (April 11, 2023)

I assume this topic is for eISY and ver 3.1.25.

Upgrade went fine, except the restart after upgrade didn't work. I couldn't open the Polyglot page. 

I tried three restarts and then repowered the eISY. That worked. I haven't had to repower in the past few updates, just restart.

2 hours ago, auger66 said:

I assume this topic is for eISY and ver 3.1.25.

Upgrade went fine, except the restart after upgrade didn't work. I couldn't open the Polyglot page. 

I tried three restarts and then repowered the eISY. That worked. I haven't had to repower in the past few updates, just restart.

No, this topic is for Polisy PG3 version 3.1.20.  

The eisy 3.1.25 support topic is 

I have a message that ST Inventory needs an updae.  I saw you took out the update on restart option.

I could not find a way to update it.

I restarted the nodeserver and after that a button appeared that said UPDATE under the configuration.  It was not there before.

I updated and all went well.

Does the extra restart need to be done to get the UPDATE button to appear?

I also wanted to note that if you go to the nodeserver and click on install this text is still there which is incorrect now

NOTE: If you are trying to upgrade an existing installation of ST-Inventory, stop and re-start it from the dashboard. It will automatically load the newest version available. Installing from here will add the ST-Inventory to a new slot.

9 hours ago, bpwwer said:

No, this topic is for Polisy PG3 version 3.1.20.  

The eisy 3.1.25 support topic is 

Thanks. I looked for but didn't see that support thread, but my comments are still the same about 3.1.25 on eISY. All good, except having to repower to get everything running again.

11 hours ago, macjeff said:

I have a message that ST Inventory needs an updae.  I saw you took out the update on restart option.

I could not find a way to update it.

I restarted the nodeserver and after that a button appeared that said UPDATE under the configuration.  It was not there before.

I updated and all went well.

Does the extra restart need to be done to get the UPDATE button to appear?

I also wanted to note that if you go to the nodeserver and click on install this text is still there which is incorrect now

NOTE: If you are trying to upgrade an existing installation of ST-Inventory, stop and re-start it from the dashboard. It will automatically load the newest version available. Installing from here will add the ST-Inventory to a new slot.

Yes, It still only checks for the update when the node server is restarted. I'll see if I can make it check more often so you don't have to restart the node server.

Thanks for pointing out the incorrect text. I'll get that fixed as well.

3 hours ago, vbPhil said:

I read in the release email that one of the changes was; "ISY to IoX". Just wondered why I still see "ISY" everywhere?

image.jpeg.b99d1f737c3e9ed66c24fe6f6262f10d.jpeg

The changes were all in the server code, not the UI code. It mainly effects all the PG3 log messages.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, vbPhil said:

Just wondered why I still see "ISY" everywhere?

Also, the "PolisyISY" will always be there because that's a name you used for the device. You could just change it to Polisy or something unique and it would change to "<new_word> Dashboard". On the eisy it's changed by going to IoX Configuration (Polisy looks like the "ISYs" menu) then "Edit Current IoX" and change the name there.

image.png

6 minutes ago, Geddy said:

Also, the "PolisyISY" will always be there because that's a name you used for the device.

Good point. Just wondering, is there such a thing as "ISY" anymore that is still supported?

2 hours ago, vbPhil said:

Just wondering, is there such a thing as "ISY" anymore that is still supported?

"thing"? No.

ISY as the "service", just as it always has been. It's just that the device ("thing") was named "ISY994".

IoX still stands for "ISY on Anything". So as a service, YES, ISY lives on (anything)!

https://wiki.universal-devices.com/index.php?title=Eisy:User_Guide#ISY_on_Anything_(IoX)

Upgrade went fine, all seems operational but:

Could some people check to see if their polyglot and pg3 log timestamps are offset by -2 hours? System time shows correctly through SSH.

Let's just say that my box has some interesting challenges so YMMV but thought this was worth noting

It's not a PG3 problem.  It seems like something is really messed up w.r.t. the timezone info on the box.  When write a simple program to display the time/date info I get:

> console.log(date_ob.toTimeString());
09:13:51 GMT-0900 (Pacific Standard Time)

It should be Pacific Daylight Time which is GMT-0700.   However Pacific Standard Time should be GMT-0800, so that's not right either.

This appears to be a problem with the /etc/localtime file.  It's not currently matching any existing timezone file.  I'm guessing the timezone files were updated recently but the /etc/localtime file wasn't also updated to match.    If I run 

sudo  tzsetup -r

it fixes the /etc/localtime to use one of the valid timezone files and then I get the right time in PG3 after restarting it.

• Thanks 1
21 hours ago, bpwwer said:

It's not a PG3 problem.  It seems like something is really messed up w.r.t. the timezone info on the box.  When write a simple program to display the time/date info I get:

> console.log(date_ob.toTimeString());
09:13:51 GMT-0900 (Pacific Standard Time)

It should be Pacific Daylight Time which is GMT-0700.   However Pacific Standard Time should be GMT-0800, so that's not right either.

This appears to be a problem with the /etc/localtime file.  It's not currently matching any existing timezone file.  I'm guessing the timezone files were updated recently but the /etc/localtime file wasn't also updated to match.    If I run 

sudo  tzsetup -r

it fixes the /etc/localtime to use one of the valid timezone files and then I get the right time in PG3 after restarting it.

I'm seeing the same thing and the correction worked fine.

@bpwwer

It looks like PG3 on v3.1.20 is not showing messages when there is an update ready for a node server. I just checked after being told there was an update to the Elk node server. I found there were two node servers that had updates available and I had to go to Purchase - Reinstall to get the updates.

Stopping and starting the node server didn't trigger the update.

It won't automatically try update anymore. 

Each installed node server checks for updates when it is started and if it sees one available, it will display a notice and add an update button to the node server details page.  Clicking the update button is a basically a shortcut to the purchases -> re-install page.

It still should be doing global checks for updates every 8 hours same as it was before.

It seemed to be working as intended when I tested it, but I only test with a small number of node servers (mostly my own since I can't make updates to other developer's node servers).

• 1 month later...
On 4/12/2023 at 1:07 PM, bpwwer said:

Yes, It still only checks for the update when the node server is restarted. I'll see if I can make it check more often so you don't have to restart the node server.

Thanks for pointing out the incorrect text. I'll get that fixed as well.

It would be nice if there was a way to see all the current versions of each node server on the list of either the store or purchases so that I know which node servers need to be restarted / reinstalled to update them w./o having to go look at each one, note its version, and then go back to the store and click through to find the current version. The updates aren't happening very well. For example, just looked at my Weatherflow NS. it was one version behind, even though I have recently updated packages, restarted, IOX, restarted PG3 several time. 

Am I missing something?  thanks. 

10 minutes ago, dbwarner5 said:

It would be nice if there was a way to see all the current versions of each node server on the list of either the store or purchases so that I know which node servers need to be restarted / reinstalled to update them w./o having to go look at each one, note its version, and then go back to the store and click through to find the current version. The updates aren't happening very well. For example, just looked at my Weatherflow NS. it was one version behind, even though I have recently updated packages, restarted, IOX, restarted PG3 several time. 

Am I missing something?  thanks. 

My daily routine is to go to the store, click on the MODIFIED column and see the latest ones to be modified.

Yes it would be nice to have a quick glance.

That is what is supposed to happen on the dashboard.  You should get a notice but I have seen it not worked on older installs and also it seems delayed.  

I also wish updating was easier.

Jeff

With changes to allow for different types of purchase options, checking for updates got a lot more complicated as not all node servers have updated to the latest purchase option format in the store.

Yes, I'm aware of the issues and how badly it is currently working.  Unfortunately , fixing it is not at the top of Michel's priority list for PG3 updates right now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ever since upgrading to IoX5.6.0 and PG3 3.1.20, I get a regular occurrence that the PG3 becomes disconnected from the ISY.  Power cycling temporarily solves the problem, but it returns the next day.  

I have initiated a ticket with UDI.

2 hours ago, bpwwer said:

With changes to allow for different types of purchase options, checking for updates got a lot more complicated as not all node servers have updated to the latest purchase option format in the store.

Yes, I'm aware of the issues and how badly it is currently working.  Unfortunately , fixing it is not at the top of Michel's priority list for PG3 updates right now.

Maybe a simple interim answer would be to have 'admin' type of postings for releases for each NS section of the forum so at least there is a place to validate each one?