Finding Old Insteon Addresses from ISY Backup

Kevo1961

When my old Intsteon PLM shot craps (using ISY) I purchased Polisy and bought several Zwave devices to get some of my switches, etc working. Recently I received a replacement PLM and started to rebuild my Insteon devices and programs. I don't want to restore a backup at this point, but is there any way I can obtain some Insteon addresses from an old backup. I have a Insteon switched receptacle that is not accessible that I'd like to get control of?

If you can't find the white label with the six digit Insteon ID. Early paper ones where known to sometimes fall off from dried out glue on them.

Not as easy as the sticker. Add it with the manual set button routine to an existing module. Then do a database  link list for the module in the ISY  and compare it to the ISY known links. It should have an extra unknown link in the modules database. That is the six digit ID of the unknown modules six digit it Insteon ID.  Then you have to remove the extra link in the known module.

@Kevo1961 since the receptacle is not accessible are you still running the ISY994 to control it? Just click on the device and the address should show in the top information area.

image.png

But to link it to the device to the new PLM doesn't a set button press need to happen? I've never tried to link a device I couldn't physically reach. 

I think both replies above missed the part you finished with:

13 hours ago, Kevo1961 said:

I have a Insteon switched receptacle that is not accessible that I'd like to get control of?

If not running the old ISY994 you could get it back online and still check how it was setup before you disconnected it.  The address should still be available. Don't connect a PLM to it. You'll get a "safe mode" warning, but you should still be able to get some information from it. 

Another way is if you've ever run a Topology you would have the address in that file. 

image.png

• Like 1