Events not being received

hart2hart

I've installed all and restarted everything from node server up to eISY a few times, but events are not showing up to following programs.  The version of NS instaled is 1.1.1.  The ISY Log shows entries for voltage per sample below:

Ring / Ring / Front Porch    Custom Control 1    4022 mV    Thu 2023/05/25 11:24:10 AM    System    Unknown

Front Porch:Doorbell Rang
        'Ring / Ring / Front Porch' is switched Ding

Then
        Send Notification to 'me' content 'Front Porch Doorbell'

Else
   - No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

I only created this program to see if i was getting any events

Front Porch:Motion Detected

If
        'Ring / Ring / Front Porch (Motion)' is switched Motion
    And (
             From    Sunset 
             To      Sunrise (next day)
        )
    And $Front_Porch_Motion_Running is 0

Then
        Run Program 'Front Porch:Motion Processing' (Then Path)

Else

For this program, I confirmed that variable Front_Porch_Motion_Running is properly set to 0.  These are same programs used vy PGC version of Ring with the device updated when PGC was removed and new version was installed.

19 hours ago, hart2hart said:

I've installed all and restarted everything from node server up to eISY a few times, but events are not showing up to following programs.  The version of NS instaled is 1.1.1.  The ISY Log shows entries for voltage per sample below:

Ring / Ring / Front Porch    Custom Control 1    4022 mV    Thu 2023/05/25 11:24:10 AM    System    Unknown

Front Porch:Doorbell Rang
        'Ring / Ring / Front Porch' is switched Ding

Then
        Send Notification to 'me' content 'Front Porch Doorbell'

Else

I only created this program to see if i was getting any events

Front Porch:Motion Detected

If
    And (
             From    Sunset 
             To      Sunrise (next day)
        )
    And $Front_Porch_Motion_Running is 0

Then

Else

For this program, I confirmed that variable Front_Porch_Motion_Running is properly set to 0.  These are same programs used vy PGC version of Ring with the device updated when PGC was removed and new version was installed.

I'm not clear about what you are saying, can you try and rephrase your issue?

Are you saying your program is not running? If so, right click on it and select run then. Did your program run?

11 minutes ago, hart2hart said:

Thanks. I authenticated a couple of times and it loaded 12 nodes as expected. Had read those posts but they didn’t help in my case. I knew about control vs status and was actually.

It doesn’t trigger motion or the pressing of doorbell

I'm not using this node server, afraid I can not offer any further assistance.

Just to confirm, is the following under Control and not Status?

Ring / Ring / Front Porch (Motion)' is switched Motion

One other thing I think I remembered reading, are you using PG3x? Ring may not work with PG3.

Is remote connection in PG3x enabled?

Remote connection must be enabled

• Settings are in Portal under Select Tools | Maintenance | PG3 Remote connection

Is there anything else in the Ring node server log besides what you already posted?

Make sure ring alerts are enabled in app.

Edited by DennisC
Added info
  • Like 1
On 5/25/2023 at 12:44 PM, hart2hart said:

@hart2hart what happens if you select "run then" of the programs above? Do you see it triggering the program you're calling?

I'm using the Ring node server with a Pro doorbell and a wired Floodlight Camera. What's strange is since the devices are linked in the Ring app it seems if there's motion at my doorbell the floodlight doesn't trigger motion (at least from my limited use/testing). However if the motion of the floodlight triggers first if fires my motion program all the time.

On the motion program why do you have the "And $Front_Porch_Motion_Running is 0"? Even if you're saying it's set correctly you've got 3 and statements that all must be true. I'd test it with just the motion first then add one and clause then another if it's needed. Seems too complicated just for a motion trigger. 

My test program was:

~Flood-Motion-test - 

If
        '~NodeServers / ~Ring / Driveway (Motion)' is switched Motion

Then
        Set 'Lamp' On 100%
        Wait  2 minutes 
        Set 'Lamp' Off

Else

Do you have devices linked in the Ring app? Perhaps motion is being triggered by another device and the porch camera is linked and therefore not the one triggering the motion. 

Last effort is...have you created the programs as NEW? Using the new nodes? You mentioned they're what you ran when using the PGC version of this from ages ago. I'd try a new program rather than trying to modify an existing one. Doubtful it would have any difference, but something might be goofy.

3 hours ago, DennisC said:
Just to confirm, is the following under Control and not Status?
Ring / Ring / Front Porch (Motion)' is switched Motion
One other thing I think I remembered reading, are you using PG3x? Ring may not work with PG3.
Is remote connection in PG3x enabled?
Remote connection must be enabled
  • Settings are in Portal under Select Tools | Maintenance | PG3 Remote connection
Is there anything else in the Ring node server log besides what you already posted?
Make sure ring alerts are enabled in app.

Thanks.

It is under Control.

I’m running PG3X.

I did not catch needing remote access enabled. I configured it and it rebooted my eISY and was busy for about 20-30 minutes. It now says it’s enabled but not current talking with UDI. Do you have other advice on this? It’s all new to me.

I did a restart with debug mode of log and got several entries.  Do you have time / desire to review them?

Edited by hart2hart
2 hours ago, Geddy said:

@hart2hart what happens if you select "run then" of the programs above? Do you see it triggering the program you're calling?

I'm using the Ring node server with a Pro doorbell and a wired Floodlight Camera. What's strange is since the devices are linked in the Ring app it seems if there's motion at my doorbell the floodlight doesn't trigger motion (at least from my limited use/testing). However if the motion of the floodlight triggers first if fires my motion program all the time.

On the motion program why do you have the "And $Front_Porch_Motion_Running is 0"? Even if you're saying it's set correctly you've got 3 and statements that all must be true. I'd test it with just the motion first then add one and clause then another if it's needed. Seems too complicated just for a motion trigger. 

My test program was:

~Flood-Motion-test - 

If
        '~NodeServers / ~Ring / Driveway (Motion)' is switched Motion

Then
        Set 'Lamp' On 100%
        Wait  2 minutes 
        Set 'Lamp' Off

Else

Do you have devices linked in the Ring app? Perhaps motion is being triggered by another device and the porch camera is linked and therefore not the one triggering the motion. 

Last effort is...have you created the programs as NEW? Using the new nodes? You mentioned they're what you ran when using the PGC version of this from ages ago. I'd try a new program rather than trying to modify an existing one. Doubtful it would have any difference, but something might be goofy.

Thanks Geddy.  Agreed so I created a new program but alas it does not trigger either:

Front Porch:Motion Detected TEST DELETE IT - [ID 0005][Parent 00E3]

If

Then

Else

Eleven nodes were newly created when I authenticated to the Ring server from the NS.  I'm with you on the old PGC having potential for causing an issue.  Through a ticket I messaged with Michel for that very reason.  He had me delete the PGC one from the eISY and then I purchased and installed the new version.  There were no nodes after the delete and a boot and the new ones were created after I authenticated. 

Also, I confirmed that motion detection and alerts were configured in the Ring app for the doorbell.

• Like 1

@hart2hart  Sorry you're having the issues. Hopefully @Michel Kohanimor @bmercier can get to the bottom of this. I checked again after my last reply and thought I had an issue, but it looks like I had a false alarm that it didn't trigger. 

If you've got the new node server and authenticated it again I'm surprised it isn't working. I went through it and restarted the node server, hit authenticate and motions and rings trigger fine. 

For my testing I set the log into debug, restarted the node server, hit authenticate allowed a few minutes for things to settle. Went and made motion. I saw the motion result in the log for the node server. Then opened admin console and the program had "last run time" of my motion and the light I trigger had come on (I could see that while I was outside). 

What I saw in the node server log is:

888 Thread-20  udi_interface      INFO     ring:webhookHandler: Webhook body received: 
    {
        "event":"new-motion",
        "data": {
            "user": {
                "id": #######
            },

🤞 they get you squared away. Keep us posted in case others have this issue.

• Like 1
@hart2hart  Sorry you're having the issues. Hopefully @Michel Kohanimor @bmercier can get to the bottom of this. I checked again after my last reply and thought I had an issue, but it looks like I had a false alarm that it didn't trigger. 
If you've got the new node server and authenticated it again I'm surprised it isn't working. I went through it and restarted the node server, hit authenticate and motions and rings trigger fine. 
For my testing I set the log into debug, restarted the node server, hit authenticate allowed a few minutes for things to settle. Went and made motion. I saw the motion result in the log for the node server. Then opened admin console and the program had "last run time" of my motion and the light I trigger had come on (I could see that while I was outside). 
What I saw in the node server log is:
888 Thread-20  udi_interface      INFO     ring:webhookHandler: Webhook body received: 
    {
        "event":"new-motion",
        "data": {
            "user": {
                "id": #######
            },
 they get you squared away. Keep us posted in case others have this issue.

Yep, they’ll get me to the promised Ring land and I’ll come back with the results. The entire UD team is excellent from Michel to all staff.
  • Like 1
13 hours ago, hart2hart said:

Thanks.

It is under Control.

I’m running PG3X.

I did not catch needing remote access enabled. I configured it and it rebooted my eISY and was busy for about 20-30 minutes. It now says it’s enabled but not current talking with UDI. Do you have other advice on this? It’s all new to me.

I did a restart with debug mode of log and got several entries.  Do you have time / desire to review them?

Honestly, I'm learning about the Ring node server with you. But if you want to post the log .maybe something will jump out at one of us.

Edited by DennisC
Spelling
  • 2 weeks later...