Support thread: IoX 5.6.2 Release

I updated mine, got no notification other than some xml parse error but could have been something else. I reconnected, after updating start.jnpl and clearing cache etc. because it was complaining I had an old version... Once I connected I got message that it was updated and requires reboot. Everything is fine now, no issues...

• Like 1

Upgraded a Polisy from 5.6.0 to 5.6.2. At first all seemed good, but after about 10 minutes AC access became very slow and eventually failed with a jumbled screen. Hard reboot of the PoliSy and AC was still very very slow and quickly became unresponsive. Cleared Java cache and removed AC, reinstalled, rebooted and the problems remain.

I'm still trying to sort things out, but wanted to give the community a heads up. This could be isolated to my system, but if you have similar issues please let us know.

26 minutes ago, kzboray said:

Upgraded a Polisy from 5.6.0 to 5.6.2. At first all seemed good, but after about 10 minutes AC access became very slow and eventually failed with a jumbled screen. Hard reboot of the PoliSy and AC was still very very slow and quickly became unresponsive. Cleared Java cache and removed AC, reinstalled, rebooted and the problems remain.

I'm still trying to sort things out, but wanted to give the community a heads up. This could be isolated to my system, but if you have similar issues please let us know.

I just logged into mine and is fine... in fact seems a bit faster than previous version.

I am also using a Polisy. Maybe it is doing a query and hung on something... try to disable query on restart and see if that resolves.

1 hour ago, kzboray said:

It's not just you.  I am experiencing the same thing.

Update:  I discovered that using the LAN login from the launcher instead of CLOUD works.  CLOUD is not working for me at all.

Edited by carealtor
update
  • Like 1

Upgraded from 5.6.0. to 5.6.2. on eISY, including reboot from Admin Console. 

MQTT NS was not responding at all after that. Had to restart NS from PG3x and all went back to normal, connectig to Google Assistant and all.

Weatherlink (Live version) was working without restart of NS. I restarted ELK, Sonos and Wake-On-Lan manually anyway.

Cheers

58 minutes ago, TriLife said:

Upgraded from 5.6.0. to 5.6.2. on eISY, including reboot from Admin Console. 

MQTT NS was not responding at all after that. Had to restart NS from PG3x and all went back to normal, connectig to Google Assistant and all.

Weatherlink (Live version) was working without restart of NS. I restarted ELK, Sonos and Wake-On-Lan manually anyway.

Cheers

This may be completely unrelated, but I also had to go through every single  ZWave motion sensor (Aeotec Multisensor 6) to "Keep Awake". I am posivite that pre upgrade they used to respond to QUERY to give me a TRUE in IS AWAKE. No more...

Here's the log of a QUERY in the WAKE UP tab:

Tue 06/06/2023 18:45:19 : [ZWAVE-TEST-AWAKE  12] Device 12 is awake
Tue 06/06/2023 18:45:19 : [ZY012_104       ]      DON 100 (uom=78 prec=0)

I kicked off the update and when finished I cleaned out Java and reloaded Java. Logged back in an did a reboot. 
Everything is running great. 
I really like that my Eisy is running very stable these days. 
I had to replace a failing Serial PLM about 2 months ago because it was not communicating well with my Insteon Leak Sensors and throwing errors in my monitoring programs (missed heart beat, etc). 

Edited by atomicboy
15 hours ago, carealtor said:

It's not just you.  I am experiencing the same thing.

Update:  I discovered that using the LAN login from the launcher instead of CLOUD works.  CLOUD is not working for me at all.

Same thing for me. Because I've always used the 'Cloud' option, I thought something was wrong with the update - so I tried the 'LAN' option and it seems fine.

The 'Upgrade Packages' button on the Configuration Tab is still clickable - should I? (I'm on 5.6.2)

EDIT: I have a Polisy - I did not see any popup windows telling me the process was complete or to reboot.

Edited by Athlon
4 hours ago, JTsao said:

Upgraded both a Polisy and eISY to IoX 3.6.2 with no issues observed so far - only saw a popup on the eISY, not the Polisy (but heard 5 beeps)

You need to upgrade to PG3x to get those on Polisy. Please consider as it gets rid of many dependencies.

With kind regards,

Michel

• Thanks 1
8 hours ago, Michel Kohanim said:

You need to upgrade to PG3x to get those on Polisy. Please consider as it gets rid of many dependencies.

With kind regards,

Michel

To be clear, I did see a reboot message in orange at the top of the PG3x web page on both devices (both were PG3x 3.1.27 prior to the update), if that is what is meant by the popup - what I meant was the message box in IoX admin console indicating that a reboot is necessary - I only saw that on the eISY for some reason - maybe I didn't wait long enough on the Polisy, but I did hear 5 beeps

On 6/6/2023 at 10:17 AM, Michel Kohanim said:

OpenADR 2.0a/2.0b certified

Is this expected to lead to, eventually, HAN availability directly for those of us with the Zigbee (ZMatter) radios?

As in, currently I use a Rainforest Eagle with Oncor (in Texas) via Zigbee HAN / Smart Meter provisioning, and have a local network IP "cloud provider" configured for the Eagle that integrates with Polisy variables (via the very old PowerEYE).
Since the legacy ISY994xx ZSes were "Oncor certified", I am now considering that once the Zigbee side and Open ADR side get fully activated, then maybe my Polisy can replace the aging Rainforest Eagle...??

Edit: As I did even more forum searching to see if I had overlooked the answer, I do see some older threads where @Michel Kohanim mentions a bit of the differences between a HAN (Zigbee or otherwise) and the OpenADR aspects. If there is an opportunity to work with UD and Oncor (there's a great HAN engineer they have whom I talked with in May 2022) to explore options, count me in.

Edited by residualimages