Support Thread for IoX 5.7.0

Chris Jahn

I just updated my eISY from 5.6.4 to 5.7.0. Rebooted one time when it told me to do so.

Cleared Java Cache and downloaded/ran the new start.jnlp. No issues as described within this thread EXCEPT:

I do not have any polyglot servers/services as of yet and I used to be able to get into the polyglot v3 logon from wither the main ISY Finder or from the apps menu. (Launch Polyglot V3). I get an err_connection_refused. eisy.local refused to connect.

I have two eISYs in use and the second one I have yet to upgrade and won't until I get onsite. It is on 5.6.4 and I can get into the polyglot login and see what servers are available to install and all that stuff.

How do I get into my polyglot stuff and UDI store when I am ready to purchase/try polyglot stuff under 5.7.0?

And my apologies if this was mentioned somewhere within this thread and I missed it. I did read all of them before I did the upgrade.

Thanks!

John

Replying to my own post above, I clicked on Upgrade Packages again out of not knowing what else to do. After it said all packages were updated I hit the reboot iOX.

I now have the polyglot login and can login.

SO... what was upgraded? why con't there be a "one and done" scenario for this amazing device. It just seems... complex for lack of a better word when it shouldn't be.

I read above that someone had to reboot their device upwards of 5 times as I recall but that might have been a Polisy.

In any event, all seems fine but why does it take multiple reboots?

Why can't the eISY when we log in advise us upgrades pending and click that update button? Or does it and I haven't found it yet?

Thanks!

John

1 hour ago, FloridaGary said:

Just updated Polisy Pro from 5.6.4 to 5.7.0. No issues with the Admin Console, PG3X or Mobile. Running all Insteon devices. 

How did you do this? I only keep getting 5 beeps and no update on mine.

EDIT: Finally I just got mine to upgrade also. I had not made the connection yet to clean the Java cache before making any upgrade attempts.

Edited by waffles
  • Like 1

On eisy: 

I've managed to upgrade to IoX v5.7.0 and I had previously upgraded to Polygot v3.2.4. Didn't see some of the issues from above (e.g. all programs being disabled). I connect to the device via 2 machines inside my home network. On both, I've cleared the Java "temporary files" completely, which should include cache and applications.

https://isy.universal-devices.com/start.jnlp

using the above link, I grabbed a new (latest???) copy of the IoX Launcher app on both my machines. Interestingly, my desktop finds the eisy device and I can see that it's running IoX v5.7.0 but... the laptap IoX Launcher comes up empty with no eisy devices listed. The only difference I can see is one is on WiFi (laptop) and the other is on a hard LAN connection.

Multiple restarts of everything. The eisy is on DHCP and can be pinged from both machines. I"m confused and would love some insight from someone more knowledgeable.

39 minutes ago, xlurkr said:

Just got home.  Cleared the Java cache, downloaded and launched start, launched the AC, and all is good on my Polisy Pro 5.7.0

-Tom

When did you upgrade yours? From what I understand (and I could be wrong - still awaiting confirmation) Polisy got temporarily pulled from the list of eligible products.

EDIT: Finally I just got mine to upgrade also. I had not made the connection yet to clean the Java cache before making any upgrade attempts. Thanks for pointing me into the right direction!

Edited by waffles
2 hours ago, FloridaGary said:

Just updated Polisy Pro from 5.6.4 to 5.7.0. No issues with the Admin Console, PG3X or Mobile. Running all Insteon devices. 

Update: So far, none of my Insteon controlled devices have turned on as scheduled. This has never happened with any previous update. All can still be controlled manually and with Alexa. 

Update: Apparently I had to reboot more than once to fix above. Scheduled lighting is now working. 

Edited by FloridaGary
15 minutes ago, johnjces said:

One more stupid question....

How does one know whether or not the OS upgrade took place? Where can you see the actual Linux OS version?

Help > About only shows the firmware and UI.

Thanks

John

// use this to get the version numbers of all the code
https://192.168.1.180:8443/WEB/sysconfig.txt

use your ip address.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, waffles said:

When did you upgrade yours? From what I understand (and I could be wrong - still awaiting confirmation) Polisy got temporarily pulled from the list of eligible products.

EDIT: Finally I just got mine to upgrade also. I had not made the connection yet to clean the Java cache before making any upgrade attempts. Thanks for pointing me into the right direction!

Last night.  And someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but you shouldn't need to clear the cache before upgrading.  You need to do so afterwards and load the latest AC, which has been well documented before.  I did that, but still had lots of problems.  I think the second power cycle is what made the difference for me, but we'll never know for sure.

-Tom

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, xlurkr said:

Last night.  And someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but you shouldn't need to clear the cache before upgrading.  You need to do so afterwards and load the latest AC, which has been well documented before.  I did that, but still had lots of problems.  I think the second power cycle is what made the difference for me, but we'll never know for sure.

-Tom

This had been my MO for years as well, but it this time I apparently needed to do it the other way around. I had also tried several power cycles beforehand to no avail....

20 minutes ago, johnjces said:

One more stupid question....

How does one know whether or not the OS upgrade took place? Where can you see the actual Linux OS version?

Help > About only shows the firmware and UI.

Thanks

John

vbPhil showed the safest way (which I did not know about.  Thanks!)  The way I do it is to ssh in and run uname -a

My Polisy Pro is still at 13.1

Which is another not great thing that I documented earlier.  When I attempted the update for the second and third times I got a message informing me that it was going to update FreeBSD from 13.1 to 13.2, which Michel had earlier stated had been backed out of the update for the Polisy.  That both confused and scared me.  All is OK now though.

-Tom

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Techman said:

@kartman_canada

Make sure your laptop is on the same network as your eisy, i.e. not the guest network. 

Best to clear your java cache and download the IoX Launcher after the upgrade not before.

same network... has been for years and the only changed thing is the IoX 5.7.0 update last night.

cleared cache and download done after eisy IoX update.

Still confused. Any more ideas?

I successfully updated my Eisy from 5.6.4 to 5.7.0 - didn't take more than 10 minutes. I was worried, though, when I went to do a backup before upgrading and got this each time I tried:

Screenshot2023-09-15093048.png.69162dcb09dce0dc03b8c5b00e98dacb.png

All my programs were disabled, but I had captured their state before so was able to correct that. Polyglot seems OK.

Can anyone with i3 dimmer and keypad that both show correctly as dimmer, reflect current dim level, and reflect local control? Bonus points if i3 keypad can be configured for which key controls the load. I've been holding off buying any i3 stuff until those issues are sorted out.

17 hours ago, kartman_canada said:

same network... has been for years and the only changed thing is the IoX 5.7.0 update last night.

cleared cache and download done after eisy IoX update.

Still confused. Any more ideas?

When you cleared your java cache did you check the box "installed applications"? Which will remove the IoX Launcher from your desktop.

Hi all.  I upgraded my polisy to 5.7.0 successfully and all my insteon devices and programs seem to operate normally. However, the polisy has gone offline twice in the last day and needed to be power cycled in order to come back online. Is anyone else having this problem?

Successfully upgraded on eisy to IoX 5.7.0 and PG3 3.2.6.  Special kudos to @jkosharek for publishing the method to watch the upgrade via ssh into eisy.

sudo tail -f /var/udx/logs/log

This gives me peace of mind being able to see the update process proceed and the output should be a help to support if there is an issue during the upgrade.

• Like 1