Support Thread for IoX 5.7.0

Chris Jahn

I just tried doing the upgrade as I am on 5.7.0_4 and got the confirmation beeps.  Upon checking to confirm current version, I found it was still on 5.7.0_4 instead of 5.7.0_5 so I did another reboot and the version still has not changed. I have run the upgrade process a 2nd time and rebooted still with no success of upgrading to 5.7.0_5.

11 minutes ago, n_sievers said:

I just tried doing the upgrade as I am on 5.7.0_4 and got the confirmation beeps.  Upon checking to confirm current version, I found it was still on 5.7.0_4 instead of 5.7.0_5 so I did another reboot and the version still has not changed. I have run the upgrade process a 2nd time and rebooted still with no success of upgrading to 5.7.0_5.

Did you clear your java cache and download the IoX Launcher?

Just upgraded to isy-5.7.0_5 and pg3x-3.2.10 on eisy and no issues yet.  Fingers crossed.   -Grant

Ran well overnight, when I first pushed to 5.7.0 a HomeSeer FLS (1 out of 2) began behaving like the motion was getting triggered intermittently thus activating a program, never saw that on the other, but after the push to _5 that didn't fire all last night from what I can tell.  Very strange but I'm wondering if a loose pointer wasn't causing my motion detected program to fire on the one program?

Edited by GJ Software Products
Update
37 minutes ago, oskrypuch said:

So, that is where the update process hangs, and you have to power cycle it to finish it?

How long do you wait?

* Orest

For me it took several reboots, 2 of which I actually power cycled my Polisy, before the update was reflecting 5.7.0_5.  Everything seems to be working well now and no further issue with all programs being disabled at this time.

• Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Help! Submitted a ticket, but my Polisy is stuck on boot (light 1 is solid, 2 and 3 are flashing)?

After an upgrade. I was already on 5.7.0/PG3x 3.2.4 but was trying to upgrade to PG3x to 3.2.10. I was prompted to upgrade the OS from 13.1 to 13.2, and was asked to reboot, which I did.

Oh I just did an updated and responded over in PG3x trying to update to 3.2.13. My polisy now seems dead now I can ping it but no response after rebooting through ssh because it was not rebooting via AC, will see what happens when I get home. I was already on 13.2

Edit... resolved by power cycling.

Edited by brians

I received my EISY today and upgraded from an ISY-994.

In general things went fine. But one thing that's getting a bit annoying is the lack of eisy.local functioning reliably, and how the EISY itself rarely shows its DHCP-obtained IP address in the Configuration / System page.

In the middle of me installing various things, suddenly I found IoX Finder showing both my saved IP-based URL and the eisy.local address for the same EISY. And my initial work with configuring the Polyglot server was using the eisy.local:3000 address. Then, in the process of finding several node servers wanting some of my devices to have persistent IPs I was configuring that in the DHCP server of my router and rebooting them. And then I remembered it was my intent to move the EISY to the original IP I used for the ISY-994, so I updated that in the DHCP configuration and rebooted the EISY.

The EISY comes up at the new IP, but now eisy.local doesn't resolve to anything, IoX finder doesn't see anything but the entry I manually entered/saved, and nothing helps. While I wasn't paying close attention, there was a time the IP address showed up on the Configuration / System page, and that I believe correlated to when eisy.local also was working. When I first began the migration, including pre- and post- updating packages of the EISY it was showing 0.0.0.0 on the Configuration / System page.

Reading through this thread I see an earlier version seemed to have some similar problems with regard to showing 0.0.0.0 as the IP.

Worth noting is the Help / About page shows the correct IP and when eisy.local was working, Help / About showed that address in "My URL".

My first thought is wherever Configuration / System gets its info to display, perhaps the IP during initialization hasn't been received from the DHCP server (someone who posted logs has log lines showing a 0.0.0.0 IP initially).

Anyway, I'd love to have the eisy.local address be reliably functional, but even if not, the IP should certainly show up in the admin console properly on that page (and all the other network configuration items like subnet, gateway and DNS which always show up blank).

I have rebooted and also gone through shutdown/ power resets and nothing seems to bring the IP back in the GUI or makes eisy.local work again.

The DHCP server shows the device getting the correct IP.

Not sure what else I might look at to try to diagnose this. But otherwise everything in my setup as far as Insteon devices and programs goes, which is all I'd had before, is functional after the migration.

image.thumb.png.735fe1320c3dae1561fd70946d771fa4.png

image.png.e7880a62a1e9e375ece3ba8e1aa056bd.png

isy-5.7.0_5
Name           : isy
Version        : 5.7.0_5
Installed on   : Thu Oct 26 16:51:50 2023 EDT
Origin         : misc/isy
Architecture   : FreeBSD:13:amd64
Prefix         : /usr/local
On 10/4/2023 at 5:40 PM, Michel Kohanim said:

Hello everyone,

If you have a Polisy that's older than a year or if the OS is at 13.0, there's about a 10% likelihood that the upgrade process will not work. So, before try the upgrade on Polisy, please check the OS version (https://polisy ip:8443/WEB/sysconfig.txt ... if this does not work, then you have a very old unit). If you have OS version 13.0x, please contact support.

With kind regards,
Michel

Doh, I saw this too late.  My Polisy Pro is as old as they come.  Pre-Order version.  It upgraded to 13.2 but says niether the Insteon PLM nor the z-wave controllers are connected so nothing works.  I have tried all the steps on this forum to no avail.

I submitted a ticket.  Hopefully I can bring it back to life.

I am in Canada and Aartech can't sell me the USB to Serial cable for the PLM or the Case for my existing z-wave board.  Hence, I can't even upgrade to an EISY if required.  This is really frustrating.

Turns out I can just need to buy a new EISY, a new complete zMatter Dongle and a new USB Insteon PLM for about $1000.  I really wish this darn thing had not auto upgraded me into hell.

Edited by Irakandjii