Support Thread for IoX 5.7.0

Chris Jahn

19 hours ago, Chris Jahn said:

Hello,

For everyone experiencing the problem of having all of their programs disabled, please run the following commands from ssh and send me a DM with the output

sudo ls -lt /var/isy/FILES/CONF

cat /var/isy/FILES/CONF/ENABLED.D2D

@GTench

Update on Polisy running 5.6.4.

Opened AC <Config><Upgrade Packages> Polisy beeped after about 5 seconds, then 10 seconds later beeped again with a different tone. Approximately 1 minute later I heard 5 beeps and then a single beep signalling the reboot.

Cleared Java et all downloaded the new start.jnlp and started AC. AC started but complained that the version of AC and the version of IoX did not match and asked to reboot the Polisy again. I clicked reboot and about 30seconds later the Polisy was up and running 5.7.0 and I was able to access it via SSH and AC.

No disabled programs

The OS did NOT update from 13.1 to 13.2 at that time. Clicking on <Upgrade Packages> from 5.7.0 A dialog box came up indicating that an OS update was available and it would take approximately 30 minutes to complete. That update is running now.

STATUS UPDATE:

The update of the OS did not complete. Tried three times. Opened a ticket with UD. I will update as more information is available.

Edited by kzboray
1 hour ago, Geddy said:

This is normal and not a concern. ISY Finder is listing both the local IP address and local domain address when auto discovered. 

I'm ok with it @Geddy but this is new in my use of ISY/Polisy over the last 15 yrs.

Wouldn't I have seen this prior to this specific upgrade?

14 minutes ago, mmb said:

Wouldn't I have seen this prior to this specific upgrade?

Not sure, that’s a question @Michel Kohanim or @Chris Jahn could answer, but it’s been something I have experienced with the eisy for the last few months and hasn’t bothered anything. Especially since they’re both auto discovered. 

I think it’s become more the norm following the “not found” issue that was fixed in the start.jnlp update recently. 

My Polisy 5.7.0 upgrade was successful and Insteon control is operational. I don't have any ISY Programs, PG3 Node Servers or Z-Wave devices.

Looks like OS wasn't upgraded.

*** OS ***
FreeBSD polisy 13.1-RELEASE-p7 FreeBSD 13.1-RELEASE-p7 releng/13.1-n250182-00935d2e533c POLISY amd64

Edited by vbPhil
On 9/11/2023 at 4:57 PM, BONeil said:

It seems all of my programs have been disabled after upgrade. Kind of a surprise to see. Now I need to remember which ones were intentionally disabled....

@BONeil having close to  100 programs that are disabled with another dozen or two that vary, so fyi I settled on the following nomenclature for my programs:

-If it should be disabled, I end the program name with LD for Leave Disabled. Example: Deck Lights On LD

-If it can be disabled by another program and sometimes stay in that state I end it with SD for Sometimes Disabled. 

Lastly, I have a startup program that I try to keep in sync with all my LD programs, where the program upon startup, disables all the programs I have labeled LD. 

I got tired years ago of trying to remember things ... lol.

• Like 3

Hey everyone,

One thing you can always do for enabled programs, or run at startup programs, or just selecting a group of programs in general is to put hashtags in the program comment (nothing special about them being hashtags by the way)

e.g. #Bootup #Enabled

You can then go to the Summary page, do Find/Replace on Raw text, and search for your hash tag.  All the programs containing that hash tag will be selected.   From there you can just right+click on one of the selected programs and choose enable, disable, run at startup or whatever and it will update all the selected programs.

If more convenient you could use #Disabled instead of #Enabled to manage this if most of your programs are enabled.

Of course these problems with enabled/startup should never happen, but its a convenient backstop if they do.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
23 hours ago, mmb said:

Lastly does anyone know where the Z-Wave OTA update utility is located?

I must be blind 😬

Chris got back to me. 

The OTA function is located on the root node of the z-wave device.  If OTA isn't there the device isn't capable.

IMG_2875.jpg.fa791bc5b953c182f3cf6d819ead78a2.jpg

Edited by mmb
1 hour ago, mmb said:

Chris got back to me. 

The OTA function is located on the root node of the z-wave device.  If OTA isn't there the device isn't capable

There is one clarification to that.  Some people have reported that they have devices that support OTA but it still doesn't show.  We haven't tested it here, but if you right+click Z-Wave | Synchronize | Update  (Not Update with Interview) then it will recreate the ISY nodes and then you should be able to see OTA if the device supports it (again, only for the root node e.g. address of form "ZY005_1")

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Chris Jahn said:

There is one clarification to that.  Some people have reported that they have devices that support OTA but it still doesn't show.  We haven't tested it here, but if you right+click Z-Wave | Synchronize | Update  (Not Update with Interview) then it will recreate the ISY nodes and then you should be able to see OTA if the device supports it (again, only for the root node e.g. address of form "ZY005_1")

Good information @Chris Jahn

Also, I'm in the process of updating my Zen17 relay and it's so slow.  Is there anyway to know if the update froze?  I've been at "Reading firmware file for device 3" for several hours.  The update file was large at 8400 fragments.

Thanks again for the help!

1 minute ago, mmb said:

Good information @Chris Jahn

Also, I'm in the process of updating my Zen17 relay and it's so slow.  Is there anyway to know if the update froze?  I've been at "Reading firmware file for device 3" for several hours.  The update file was large at 8400 fragments.

Thanks again for the help!

Its saying "Reading firmware file" .. did it send any of the fragments?

1 hour ago, Chris Jahn said:

Its saying "Reading firmware file" .. did it send any of the fragments?

@Chris Jahn the process started with Sending 8400 fragments then followed with the Reading message where it’s been for the last several hours.

Fyi the Zen17 was on the initial firmware release and there’s been 5 or 6 updates since. 1.03 -> 1.30

Edited by mmb
10 hours ago, mmb said:

@Chris Jahn the process started with Sending 8400 fragments then followed with the Reading message where it’s been for the last several hours.

Fyi the Zen17 was on the initial firmware release and there’s been 5 or 6 updates since. 1.03 -> 1.30

I also upgraded a Zen17 (1.04 -> 1.30) which worked except that the device did not send out a completion message so the status window just stayed up.  I waited for quite awhile before I closed the window and started using the device.

If this happens when doing any OTA Firmware upgrade, I would recommend you wait at least 10 minutes after you see the last fragment being sent.   Its probably overkill but it gives the device the time to apply the firmware and do a software reboot without being interrupted.

To get the new features from the device you can right+click Z-Wave | Synchronize | Update with Interview  

If that doesn't work you may need to remove /add the device again.

• Thanks 1