Sunset to Sunrise?

CoolToys
Go to solution Solved by CoolToys,

4 hours ago, apostolakisl said:

@CoolToys  Set the sunrise/sunset program to run at startup to avoid the status of the program/variable from being incorrect after restarts.

It sounds like sunrise/sunset is now working?

And yes, I had to go through when I switched to the Elk node server from Elk module and fix all of my Elk programs.  However, I did not do that at the same time as switching to Polisy so it broke up things up.  

If you have two programs with a single time trigger for sunrise or sunset in each then running "If" manually, calling them from another program, or [Enable Run at Startup] will always fail. The result of running a trigger only element test in ISY programming is always FALSE.  ISY trigger only elements are only ever found True when they trigger the same programs.|

However, the From xxx time... To yyy time... is not only a dual trigger aas well as a filter style condition that can be evaluated as True, aor as False, during manual "If" running, [Enable to run at startup],  and subroutine style calls from other programs.

Edited by larryllix
  • Sad 1

@larryllix, Sorry not sure what you are saying.  There is a program that sets the $sNight variable to "1" at sunset and another that sets $sNight to "0" at sunrise.  I don't want to over simplify since I have 8 different "night modes" based on other variables, but basically when it is dark some lights should come on.  $sNight is the variable I use to test for night now.  

Since Upgrading to 5.7.0 I changed 2 of the 9 programs back to use the time condition of "Sunset to Sunrise (Next Day)" and for one day @apostolakisl it worked.  I won't call it "fixed" for another day or two.  @Michel Kohanim, I didn't want to bother you with a ticket, it isn't that big a deal and the peeps here have been great helping me with ideas to get it all fixed.  Isn't that why you built the forum?

@larryllix, Sorry not sure what you are saying.  There is a program that sets the $sNight variable to "1" at sunset and another that sets $sNight to "0" at sunrise.  I don't want to over simplify since I have 8 different "night modes" based on other variables, but basically when it is dark some lights should come on.  $sNight is the variable I use to test for night now.  

My point was with two separate programs using each a single time point trigger there is no point setting Run At Startup or manually using Run If on either program because they will both always only Run the Else portion of each program and do nothing for your variable.

Event trigger (only) elements in ISY always test false unless they, themselves, triggered the program logic to be tested. Then they will test True.

Only time ranges will test accurately using the startup or manual run if techniques.

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, larryllix said:

My point was with two separate programs using each a single time point trigger there is no point setting Run At Startup or manually using Run If on either program because they will both always only Run the Else portion of each program and do nothing for your variable.

Event trigger (only) elements in ISY always test false unless they, themselves, triggered the program logic to be tested. Then they will test True.

Only time ranges will test accurately using the startup or manual run if techniques.

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk

At the time I wrote this I was working on the previous statements that there is a single program from sunrise to sunset.  Anyway, using two programs needlessly complicates things since it won't do anything better than a single program and as you mentioned makes it impossible to assess day vs night status if ISY is not running at the time of the change from day/night.  So yes, run at startup won't work.

2 minutes ago, CoolToys said:

@larryllix and @apostolakisl you are both correct and that is a flaw in the logic.  

Changing back to sunset to sunrise (next day) after upgrading to 5.7.0 works, so all programs are back to original logic using sunset to sunrise for the test of "night".

Based on the other thread and this thread, the common theme here is that after the migration people had issues.  The issues got fixed after a firmware upgrade, even though the before and after firmware versions may not have been the same.  So I think there is some error in the migration that is corrected during a firmware upgrade, version independent.

And now a "run at startup" will work correctly to set your day/night status.

• Like 1