strange start.jnlp behavior

oamber

Im trying to access admin console from my MacBook, which Ive done for years from an icon on my desktop, and I can only get the IoX finder to load if I move start.jnlp to the download folder and start it from finder by control clicking and choose open. Otherwise I get this:

Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: /Users/stevelittle/Desktop/start.jnlp (Operation not permitted)
    at java.io.FileInputStream.open0(Native Method)
    at java.io.FileInputStream.open(FileInputStream.java:195)
    at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(FileInputStream.java:138)
    at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(FileInputStream.java:93)
    at com.sun.javaws.jnl.LaunchDescFactory.buildDescriptor(Unknown Source)
    ... 5 more

plus, I cant at all if my MacBook is not on the ethernet. 

Any tips?

13 hours ago, oamber said:

Im trying to access admin console from my MacBook, which Ive done for years from an icon on my desktop, and I can only get the IoX finder to load if I move start.jnlp to the download folder and start it from finder by control clicking and choose open. Otherwise I get this:

Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: /Users/stevelittle/Desktop/start.jnlp (Operation not permitted)
    at java.io.FileInputStream.open0(Native Method)
    at java.io.FileInputStream.open(FileInputStream.java:195)
    at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(FileInputStream.java:138)
    at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(FileInputStream.java:93)
    at com.sun.javaws.jnl.LaunchDescFactory.buildDescriptor(Unknown Source)
    ... 5 more

plus, I cant at all if my MacBook is not on the ethernet. 

Any tips?

While I don't use Mac, it appears like there is a file association issue? Try clearing your Java cache, checking all 3 boxes and download a new start.jnlp from here: https://isy.universal-devices.com/start.jnlp

After the download, run start.jnlp and a new IoX Launcher should appear on your desktop.

Depending on which version of Mac you are running, there are a few troubleshooting steps in the wiki.