Network/server error logging into MyQ service

Xathros
Go to solution Solved by Goose66,

2 minutes ago, Goose66 said:

Just FYI, I've been waiting for two things to happen before a dive into this: 1) for the folks discussing the issue over at the pymyq Github repository to find/settle on a solution, and 2) for my MyQ node server to stop working. To date, neither of those have happened yet. But I will keep looking at it.

FWIW, My My-Q instance has been running trouble free for nearly 2 weeks now.  Based on the chatter above, I don't dare restart it.

-Xath

My MyQ was running great until I did an update reboot a couple of days ago.  This is what I am going to try as a go-around.  I just ordered a YoLink Smart Garage Door Position Sensor from Amazon.  Currently, I am using YoLink products to monitor water leaks and temperature/humidity with IoX programs.  It does require a hub.  However, the products are not budget busters.  My programs are basically looking at the state of the garage door at set times.  I believe using the YoLink garage door sensor will allow me to duplicate the MyQ logic for $24.99.  I will provide an update when setup is complete to let all know if a viable solution.   

UPDATE - Installed the YoLink Garage Door Sensor 2 today and all functions programmed using the MyQ Server are running with this device.  Very impressed with the garage open and close response from the sensor.  I already had the YoLink hub for the other devices I am using.  $50 for hardware and $10 for the node server can eliminate the MyQ issue.  Also, this setup can be used with any overhead door arrangement.  Not dependent on the opener.  

There’s been some changes to another project (not pymyq) that seem to be working, although the developer has shutdown posts from users to the issue in the GitHub repository. I am going to implement his changes this weekend and see if I can restart mine.

Longer term, I am implementing some local solution as well (maybe ratgdo device), and if a node server is required I will make it free to all MyQ owners (or everyone if it’s easier).

But ultimately I don’t’ want to give up on Chamberlain and MyQ, because there is a whole batch of Polisy/eISY users out there that are DIY enough to own one but not DIY enough to be wiring some 3rd party device into their garage door opener. We don’t want to forget about those folks!

• Like 6
19 hours ago, TUhl01 said:

UPDATE - Installed the YoLink Garage Door Sensor 2 today and all functions programmed using the MyQ Server are running with this device.  Very impressed with the garage open and close response from the sensor.  I already had the YoLink hub for the other devices I am using.  $50 for hardware and $10 for the node server can eliminate the MyQ issue.  Also, this setup can be used with any overhead door arrangement.  Not dependent on the opener.  

Just want to mention, no wiring required to install the YoLink sensor.  

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, TUhl01 said:

Just want to mention, no wiring required to install the YoLink sensor.  

Do you have any other YoLink devices? Wondering what the range and reliability is for them. They seem to have some motion sensors that I would be interested in but only if they could directly control scenes in IoX.  

Also do you know if the YoLink will communicate locally or just through their cloud. 

Edited by jkosharek
5 minutes ago, jkosharek said:

Do you have any other YoLink devices? Wondering what the range and reliability is for them. They seem to have some motion sensors that I would be interested in but only if they could directly control scenes in IoX.  

Also do you know if the YoLink will communicate locally or just through their cloud. 

No problem at all with range - max. about 75 ft. for mine.  However, I have seen up to 1000 ft for some of their devices.  I believe the devices may be communicating locally with the hub and cloud for the app.  The ease of adding devices is impressing.  Have not had any issues with any of the devices since installing.  All the devices are being used to control scenes in IoX.  

image.png.e27ab7f760b2ccab7905e8f34255f60d.png

• Like 2
1 hour ago, TUhl01 said:

No problem at all with range - max. about 75 ft. for mine.  However, I have seen up to 1000 ft for some of their devices.  I believe the devices may be communicating locally with the hub and cloud for the app.  The ease of adding devices is impressing.  Have not had any issues with any of the devices since installing.  All the devices are being used to control scenes in IoX.  

image.png.e27ab7f760b2ccab7905e8f34255f60d.png

Is the node being actively worked on? If there are new devices will they be added to the node? 

6 minutes ago, jkosharek said:

Is the node being actively worked on? If there are new devices will they be added to the node? 

Don't have an answer to that question.  Suggest going to the PG3 store to get any information for the node server and the creator.  

1 hour ago, Michel Kohanim said:

@Panda88 is very active and engaged.

With kind regards,
Michel

I'll second that, @Panda88 has been very helpful with Yolink and Blink devices working with the node servers. I had a Yolink valve controller that turned out to be defective that he helped me with a great deal, and many other Yolink devices that work great.

I assume the Yolink garage solution @TUhl01refers to is only to monitor status (open or closed)?

7 minutes ago, landolfi said:

I'll second that, @Panda88 has been very helpful with Yolink and Blink devices working with the node servers. I had a Yolink valve controller that turned out to be defective that he helped me with a great deal, and many other Yolink devices that work great.

I assume the Yolink garage solution @TUhl01refers to is only to monitor status (open or closed)?

Yes - Only open and close status actions are being used in IoX.  

On 10/31/2023 at 9:16 AM, landolfi said:

That solution seems like it would give you local control of the door. I assume it means you either need to add your own tilt sensor or use variables to track door status? The situation where I notice the door is open when I'm away and I can close it has always been my primary reason for getting MyQ in the first place. The other thing that was and still is nice about MyQ is that it's one solution to control both of my openers.

the zooz zen17 has i/o so it can open and close and with a magnetic contact switch show it open or closed.  i think my garage door switch comes tomorrow and should have it working this weekend.

1 hour ago, captainc said:

the zooz zen17 has i/o so it can open and close and with a magnetic contact switch show it open or closed.  i think my garage door switch comes tomorrow and should have it working this weekend.

The Zen17 will not work with MyQ or other smart openers. 

7 minutes ago, TUhl01 said:

The Zen17 will not work with MyQ or other smart openers. 

But if handy, you can connect the I/O to an extra remote such that it closes the appropriate contacts and then mount the remote close enough to operate the doors via the ISY. Monitoring the Door status can be done with many options including insteon open close contacts, Elk contacts or as mentioned the YoLinc contacts.  The I/O can be any device that you get to talk to ISY such as insteon I/O, the Zoos I/O etc. 

This is what I had been using before MyQ for three main garages doors: elk outputs soldered to an extra remote, and elk hardwired open/close sensor.

Luckily I held off deleting all of the programing I had for the Elk system when I went to MyQ. Now I test to see if MyQ service is true and if so use that system, if not, use the Elk system.

The problem I have is a pole barn where the Insteon signal is questionable for two doors. I have tried insteon I/O to sense the doors but it was always sketchy in accuracy and because it's cold, the batteries drained quickly . I havent done the remote wiring as of yet because MyQ was working so well. Am not sure if the YoLink sensors will travel far enough and using zwave wont work with a zoos because again its too far from the ISY zwave to work. So MyQ was a great solution.

20 hours ago, jkosharek said:

Do you have any other YoLink devices?

I have a Yolink door contact installed in a metal mail box located about 100 feet away and thru a concrete wall from the hub. They advertise up to 1/4 mile with no obstacles.

So far it has been working. I intergraded it in to eisy with the node server. The reaction has been almost immediate.

So far, it is working with no problems.

If I didn't hard wire GDO in to my Elk, I wouldn't hesitate to try Yolink solution for it.

Edited by DennisC
Added info / correction
  • Like 2
Just now, DennisC said:

I have a Yolink door contact installed in a metal mail box located about 100 feet away and thru a concrete wall from the hub. They advertise up to 4 mile with no obstacles.

So far it has been working. I intergraded it in to eisy with the node server. The reaction has been almost immediate.

So far, it is working with no problems.

I read 1/4 open air, FCC wouldn't allow 4 miles.

• Like 2