Network/server error logging into MyQ service

Xathros
Go to solution Solved by Goose66,

1 hour ago, SHM said:

My problem is that I cannot save the configuration in ratgdo without a valid MQTT server IP and I have tried the LAN IP of Polisy (with and without :8443) but it does not connect to MQTT on polisy.

1884 is the required port using the IP of your Polisy/Eisy

On 11/29/2023 at 7:46 PM, DennisC said:

It also depends on what features you are looking for. If you only need to be able to open and close, the simplest way is to add a $11 wall pushbutton ((for example Liftmaster: https://www.amazon.com/883LMW-LiftMaster-Button-Control-Security/dp/B07W5RMN56/ref=sr_1_1?crid=2XERV68MZQNDI&keywords=Liftmaster+pushbutton&qid=1701308098&sprefix=liftmaster+push+button+%2Caps%2C102&sr=8-1 ) and a relay (for example, a Zwave relay or Insteon I/O Module).

You wire the push button to the GDO and instead of actually pushing the button, you wire the switch closure contact of the relay, to the Liftmaster pushbutton contact. Locate the pushbutton in an out of the way location.

Then use ISY to add the Zwave relay or Insteon module. 

If you want to see position of the GDO you would need to add a door contact sensor.

Of cause, if you have an Elk M1, it becomes even easier, use an Elk relay.

Can you keep your smart wall controlled with motion and add a second simple push button like the one you linked for a total of 2? If that’s the case, that’s probably the best method to tie into an elk m1 instead of hacking a wireless remote in my situation. 

5 hours ago, dbwarner5 said:

Goose66 is this all that is needed to get it running and nodes showing in the AC?

5 hours ago, SHM said:

Agree with bullet points.  I'm a bit lost.

Sorry, no this is not going to het it into the Admin Console - just a way to test that you have ratgdo installed correctly and MQTT configured. To hook into IoX you have (from what I can see) three options:

1. use MQTT plugin and define a node for the ratgdo in the yaml file. I can’t help with that because I’ve never used the MQTT plugin.

2. Wait for the ratgdo specific plugin. Should be done in a week.

3. Get it talking to Home Assistant and then have IoX connect to it through Home Assistant - also another thing that I don’t know how to do.

• Like 1

Here is my setup so far on Mac OS:

1. Install MQTT plugin on Polisy, no special configuration

2. Open https://paulwieland.github.io/ratgdo/flash.html in Google chrome

3. Download USB serial driver

4. Re-start computer

5. Connect ratgdo to computer

6. re-open (2)

7. set version to 2.54 and hit connect

8. Erase ratgdo/install latest firmware

9. Once (8) is complete, set wireless credentials of your network, then connect to your (ratgdo) device

10. Rename ratgdo (optional), set ratgdo password, set MQTT server (your polisy LAN IP), port 1884, username (your polisy username), password (your Polisy password), topic prefix (ratgdo)

11.Save

12. Open MQTT explorer (MQTT-explorer.com)

13. hit "+" for new connection

14. name connection

15. protocol: MQTT://your polisy LAN IP  Port 1884

16. Username and password:  use your polisy settings

17.  connection should now show the ratgdo device on MQTT

Now just need commands to open/close, etc

• Like 1
8 hours ago, midrar said:

Can you keep your smart wall controlled with motion and add a second simple push button like the one you linked for a total of 2? If that’s the case, that’s probably the best method to tie into an elk m1 instead of hacking a wireless remote in my situation. 

You can keep as many controller's as you like. At GDO, the wires from pushbuttons and controller's are all spliced together.

The pushbutton can be dedicated to the GDO, or it can be an actively used button. 

This method is not dedicated to ELK, the same solution can be used by any ISY ecosystem device by adding an Insteon or Zwave contact closure switch or relay.

5 hours ago, DennisC said:

You can keep as many controller's as you like. At GDO, the wires from pushbuttons and controller's are all spliced together.

The pushbutton can be dedicated to the GDO, or it can be an actively used button. 

This method is not dedicated to ELK, the same solution can be used by any ISY ecosystem device by adding an Insteon or Zwave contact closure switch or relay.

Great, thank you. 

after trying mutiple times...MQTT nodeserver does not support anything but TASMOTA flashed devices.

Just tried on the ratgdo and i tried on shelly devices and a few other MQTT enabled devices. 

it is just not able to do anything or see anything other than tasmota flashed devices.

16 hours ago, Goose66 said:

Sorry, no this is not going to het it into the Admin Console - just a way to test that you have ratgdo installed correctly and MQTT configured. To hook into IoX you have (from what I can see) three options:

1. use MQTT plugin and define a node for the ratgdo in the yaml file. I can’t help with that because I’ve never used the MQTT plugin.

2. Wait for the ratgdo specific plugin. Should be done in a week.

3. Get it talking to Home Assistant and then have IoX connect to it through Home Assistant - also another thing that I don’t know how to do.

Thanks @goose.. So for now ratdgo, w/o HA, can't be added to the AC is my take away. So I will wait on the NS and see how it works for others.  Would hte NS connect directly to the ratdgo w/o the user needing to deal with MQTT?

thanks!

3 hours ago, dbwarner5 said:

Would hte NS connect directly to the ratdgo w/o the user needing to deal with MQTT?

The ratgdo plugin uses the Home Assistant discovery mechanism built into the ratgdo firmware to discover the devices and add the appropriate nodes to IoX/Admin Console. You do have to configure the MQTT settings on your ratgdo device(s) however, to get them connected to the MQTT broker on your Polisy/eISY and make them usable by the plugin. The details will be covered in the Instructions and Release Notes for the plugin.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I am now ready to do a pull request to the MQTT plugin / node-server which adds a Radgo device.

Just need to update the config documentation.  if you want to see and tryout the code before it's published then checkout my fork of the mqtt plugin. (garage branch)

https://github.com/sejgit/udi-mqtt-pg3/tree/garage 

Have it working well at home ; let's see in the field !!

image.thumb.png.26eb3f1f47b37b7e8c63387cdc263b78.png

Well, it looks like you rushed your version out while mine was still at the chemists... 😁

Anyway, better late than never I always say. As promised, I have released a plugin for the ratgdo device. It is free to all users to make up for all of you that paid for MyQ and didn't get much use out of it. See details and discussions here: https://forum.universal-devices.com/forum/436-ratgdo/

• Thanks 2
18 minutes ago, SHM said:

Not seeing the plugin on the production or non-production store!

It's in the Production store and called "ratgdo." Since it's all lowercase, it's all the way down at the bottom of the list (somebody doesn't know how to sort database entries). It was added just this afternoon, so you may need to refresh your Plugin Store list.

Edited by Goose66
10 hours ago, sjenkins said:

I am now ready to do a pull request to the MQTT plugin / node-server which adds a Radgo device.

Just need to update the config documentation.  if you want to see and tryout the code before it's published then checkout my fork of the mqtt plugin. (garage branch)

https://github.com/sejgit/udi-mqtt-pg3/tree/garage 

Have it working well at home ; let's see in the field !!

image.thumb.png.26eb3f1f47b37b7e8c63387cdc263b78.png

does your motion work? or does it just show detected all the time?

also what does it change to when no motion?

Edited by EWhite
On 12/19/2023 at 6:30 PM, EWhite said:

does your motion work? or does it just show detected all the time?

also what does it change to when no motion?

motion has been weird.  the odd time it flips but I'm not sure if its coming from my sensor or not.

so I just pass the status onto the isy.

if you look at ratdgo's GitHub it should be 'clear' for the opposite of 'detected'

I think I am done my testing & going to do a pull request to @xKing

Edited by sjenkins
On 12/19/2023 at 2:17 PM, Goose66 said:

Well, it looks like you rushed your version out while mine was still at the chemists... 😁

Anyway, better late than never I always say. As promised, I have released a plugin for the ratgdo device. It is free to all users to make up for all of you that paid for MyQ and didn't get much use out of it. See details and discussions here: https://forum.universal-devices.com/forum/436-ratgdo/

Thanks as always @Goose66

I have added devices to the MQTT plugin before, and still use it so it made sense ; still took me too long, lol.

Yours will likely be better for those just using the Ratgdo, as the MQTT plugin is a bit of a cyborg now with so many devices on it.

Fun to do anyway.   I did the pull request to @xKing tonight.

• Like 1