Support thread for: PG3x v3.2.13 (OUTDATED)

On a Polisy, after update get this message..

image.png.04811de43a60724166814adce28c1fab.png

And then reboot... and so far has been like 3 reboots with same message each time connecting to AC.

Logging into PG3x image.png.a924638384acdaf00c6069837ffcc644.png

Then I checked the uptime in IoX and has been running since Oct 13th.

So reboot is not working from AC.

I ssh in and confirm did  not reboot. so I reboot via cli

Does not come back.. can still ping and get a response but no ssh and no AC

Have to restart system when home by unplugging and hope it comes to life.

Seems like way too many update issues lately. An update like this should not take down the system like this.

After several tries

16 minutes ago, brians said:

On a Polisy, after update get this message..

image.png.04811de43a60724166814adce28c1fab.png

And then reboot... and so far has been like 3 reboots with same message each time connecting to AC.

Logging into PG3x image.png.a924638384acdaf00c6069837ffcc644.png

Then I checked the uptime in IoX and has been running since Oct 13th.

So reboot is not working from AC.

I ssh in and confirm did  not reboot. so I reboot via cli

Does not come back.. can still ping and get a response but no ssh and no AC

Have to restart system when home by unplugging and hope it comes to life.

Seems like way too many update issues lately. An update like this should not take down the system like this.

After several tries

I'm sorry to hear that. 

If ssh does not work after a reboot from the cli, somethings must have happened, and that would not be related to PG3x.

Try a complete power cycle when you get home. If that does not help, please open a ticket we will make sure to get you back on your feet. 

1 minute ago, bmercier said:

I'm sorry to hear that. 

If ssh does not work after a reboot from the cli, somethings must have happened, and that would not be related to PG3x.

Try a complete power cycle when you get home. If that does not help, please open a ticket we will make sure to get you back on your feet. 

Yes I will update when I get home. I think this has happened in the past... seems like OS is hung up because I still see on network.

41 minutes ago, brians said:

Power cycling resolved issue and is back up now. I’m gonna throw a smart plug on it so I can power cycle remotely.  

I did that years ago on the ISY and kept it on the Polisy.  :)  And to be fair, on my Windows PC that runs 24/7 for camera DVR and Home Assistant Pi as well.  

Hmmm, my paid Kasa Nodeserver is staying Disconnected. And in the Admin Console, I see my 3 lights but their pages have not been populated with any data. Rather new to the eISY and Polyglot, so please forgive the "newbie" question, but what should I try?

BTW, may or may not be relevant, but along with all the other updates I just did, I had to restore a new PLM with a 3 month old backup (due to link table corruption).

Thank you in advance!

Jeff

2023-10-3014_07_52.thumb.png.a431d205bba71b5fb3fddfa5938f62cd.png

2023-10-3014_08_41.thumb.png.0aabe461d9b5de36c3fc772a67b0503a.png

2023-10-3014_10_24.thumb.png.1ea75b7516eb35336cd18a206d7e256e.png

13 hours ago, Oakland Jeff said:

Hmmm, my paid Kasa Nodeserver is staying Disconnected. And in the Admin Console, I see my 3 lights but their pages have not been populated with any data. Rather new to the eISY and Polyglot, so please forgive the "newbie" question, but what should I try?

BTW, may or may not be relevant, but along with all the other updates I just did, I had to restore a new PLM with a 3 month old backup (due to link table corruption).

Thank you in advance!

Jeff

You may be better off posting your Kasa question here:

https://forum.universal-devices.com/forum/313-kasa-tp-link/

13 hours ago, Oakland Jeff said:

Thank you in advance!

Jeff

Try going to the log tab, setting it to information or higher, and then restart the node server. Check the log for problems.

Keep the admin console closed while doing this.

14 hours ago, Oakland Jeff said:

Thank you in advance!

Jeff

Please go to Plugins store, find the Kasa node server and re-install from there in the same slot. 

Hello.  I've updated several times in the past months/years with few issues (due to great advise and tips in these forums) but this latest PG3x v3.2.13 won't install.  I'm on an older Polisy that is running FreeBSD polisy 13.2-RELEASE-p4 and the latest isy-5.7.0_5 with pg3x-3.2.12.  However, when I initiate the "Upgrade Packages" from the Admin Console, I get the prompt to Confirm but nothing appears to occur after I click "Yes" except the prompt goes away.  I do see this in the Event Log: Fri 11/03/2023 07:02:47 AM : Create REST U7 [/rest/upgrade-polisy]. I've waited hours and days between attempts and have also performed a hard power off/on.  Everything appears to be working fine so I'm not in dire straits, just not able to get the PG3x update installed.  I'm fine with waiting for the next update - just curious if there's something I'm missing? 

4 hours ago, rshilliam said:

just curious if there's something I'm missing? 

Sounds like you might have something stuck that is preventing the update. Please open a support ticket to get specific help for this issue.

One thing to check. Go here: https://polisy.local:8443/WEB/sysconfig.txt (you might need to use the Polisy IP rather than "polisy.local"). Look for pg3x-3.2.13 (or actually pg3x-3.2.14). If still showing the old version it should show a date that was installed. 

Please share the resolution if you can so it might help others should they also get stuck. 

https://www.universal-devices.com/my-tickets

3 hours ago, Geddy said:

Sounds like you might have something stuck that is preventing the update. Please open a support ticket to get specific help for this issue.

One thing to check. Go here: https://polisy.local:8443/WEB/sysconfig.txt (you might need to use the Polisy IP rather than "polisy.local"). Look for pg3x-3.2.13 (or actually pg3x-3.2.14). If still showing the old version it should show a date that was installed. 

Please share the resolution if you can so it might help others should they also get stuck. 

https://www.universal-devices.com/my-tickets

OK, I will open a ticket.

Here's the snippet from the sysconfig.txt output:

pg3x-3.2.12
Name           : pg3x
Version        : 3.2.12
Installed on   : Mon Oct 23 23:29:45 2023 PDT

Thanks.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, rshilliam said:

Version : 3.2.12
Installed on : Mon Oct 23 23:29:45 2023 PDT

Yeah, hasn't updated. That's strange. And you said you've performed a full power cycle. Typically that would be the best thing to do even after an update. I know there were some older updates that the reboot button alone wouldn't fully reset the system. Since this is a PG3x update the power cycle really should have helped.

8 hours ago, rshilliam said:

I do see this in the Event Log: Fri 11/03/2023 07:02:47 AM : Create REST U7 [/rest/upgrade-polisy].

I saw this earlier and overlooked it since I'm not sure what this means. Make sure to include it in your support ticket. Perhaps download the log package and include that in the ticket too. It might help UDI review the situation before initial reply and troubleshooting steps.

Sorry couldn't get it to magically update. Should be able to get some help from the support ticket though. Be sure to post back what happened and maybe the steps to get it to update in case others have issues.

I transferred my programs successfully from my ISY to EISY.  When I try to launch polygot v3 from the admin consol or IoX finder I do get to the polygot v4 login screen, then enter my login ID and password but program does nothing from there. I have rebooted to EISY.  Anything obvious I am doing wrong? Thanks.

@UD2)17rrh did you update the eisy recently? If so, have you performed a full power cycle? (not just pressing the reboot button in Admin Console.) It sounds like some processes are not running correctly and the device needs to be power cycled for things to get back in sync. 

Best practice would be:

• Pressing the power button 6 times (that's the multi-function button on the eisy)
  • Blue light should turn red (might take some time - if longer than 5 minutes something is probably "stuck")
  • Pull power cord
  • Wait 30-60 seconds
  • Plug device in
  • Wait 3-5 minutes for it to fully boot before attempting to access the web interface or admin console. 

The credentials for the web access are the same you use to log into the Admin Console locally.

Rather than trying to access the web portion from the admin console open a web browser and go to: http://eisy.local:3000/ - See if that gets you to the login screen. If you still don't get logged in try that on a different browser (cache could be stopping you if you've tried multiple times on your current browser). 

• Like 1