Bulb Recommendation

K-bert

Years ago I replaced all the standard light bulbs in my house with LED light bulbs. Even though they are dim-able they struggle at low brightness causing them to flicker. I know Insteon sold capacitors to solve this. Recently I have had a handful of bulbs fail and need to replace them. I was wondering if someone had any recommendations for LED light bulbs that handle dimming better than others.

K-Bert

1 hour ago, K-bert said:

Years ago I replaced all the standard light bulbs in my house with LED light bulbs. Even though they are dim-able they struggle at low brightness causing them to flicker. I know Insteon sold capacitors to solve this. Recently I have had a handful of bulbs fail and need to replace them. I was wondering if someone had any recommendations for LED light bulbs that handle dimming better than others.

K-Bert

https://www.google.com/search?q=best+bulbs+for+insteon+site:forum.universal-devices.com&client=ms-android-att-us-rvc3&sca_esv=577206983&source=android-browser&prmd=sivn&sxsrf=AM9HkKnHro73SkwIH_wDfh3ZkoIMjO0tAw:1698423399090&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwig14Wb0JaCAxXtnGoFHY5gBY0QrQIoBHoECDQQBQ&biw=384&bih=701&dpr=3.75

On 10/29/2023 at 12:10 PM, grumpy said:

I've been using Philips brand dimmable  led bulbs for many years and never had any flickering at low light intensity .

( with 2477d dimmers switches) .

I always had good results with Philips bulbs. Expensive but lasted well.
I had a batch of really bad bulbs they created called "Warm Glow" The set of six I purchased would flicker and go out about 40% on my Insteon 2477D dimmers.

Now I see the "warm Glow" bulb has been dumped by HD and has become the name of a non-dimmable bulb.
https://www.homedepot.ca/product/philips-25w-equivalent-a15-warm-glow-2000k-non-dimmable-led-light-bulb/1001015600

However, I have only been buying WiFi dimmable bulbs lately. The few non-dimmable bulbs I have are supplied by the apartment management now.

(posting logical error above? Can't correct)

My philips High Definition bulbs are great and do not flicker. Mine still do the warm glow effect (it turns more orange as you dim it). But you can't mix and match the warm glow with the non-warm glow or you will have one yellow and one orange colored bulb at dim levels.

• Like 1